Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131461 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #945 on: March 22, 2010, 05:05:23 pm »

I don't think mangles stop sparring since they aren't nervous damage. If he lives I'll see about training him.

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 22, 2010, 05:09:12 pm »

Excellent, cause he has a lot of gobbos, titans, and undeads, to kill and rekill so Fireheart and the rest of the fallen don't get bored with nothing to hammer in the afterlife.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 22, 2010, 05:25:00 pm »

I'm waiting to hear from Barbarossa so until then updates are on hold...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 22, 2010, 07:42:31 pm »

Sorry for getting Fireheart killed via my 'A miner should carry that pick into battle' statement. Well, all good things must come to an end.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 22, 2010, 09:47:14 pm »

20th Moonstone

Mothwing had prepared Speardwarf for the ceremony as best she could. It was up to him now.

Thanks to a potion made by Mothwing the Deputy fell quickly into sleep.

Opening his eyes the Dwarf found himself in one of the most amazing places he had ever seen. Magma fell from numerous spots on the walls to flow past a massive platform of stone. Tables and statues of bone were surrounded by hundreds of Dwarves. Warriors, Farmers, Masons, Dwarves from every walk of life ate, drank and laughed while others honed their battle skills against a multitude of terrible creatures.

Speardwarf's eyes fell on the biggest magma fall which provided power for dozens of forges. As he stared he caught the briefest glimpse of a pair of eyes staring through the molten rock...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 22, 2010, 10:38:38 pm »

The Deputy's observations were interrupted by the arrival of several Dwarves at his side. Turning he was awed to see Dwarves he knew. His father and brothers were among them.

"Welcome Speardwarf. Are you ready to recieve your lives?" Fireheart asked.

"I am." Speardwarf answered immedietly.

As the words left his mouth Kornash stepped forward, a blade burning with fire at his side.

"With this life I give you courage. Use it well in defense of your Clan." Kornash said as he laid a hand on his son's shoulder. A bolt of pain greater then anything the Deputy had felt before surged through him and visions of battles filled his mind before the dead Warrior stepped backward into the group as Bob took his place.

"With this life I give you justice. Use it well as you judge the actions of others." Another wave of pain accompanied his brother's touch.

His second fallen brother Nekik approached Speardwarf, who was gasping as he recovered from the pain.

"With this life I give you loyalty to what you know to be right." Nekik said. "Use it well to lead your Clan in times of trouble. The pain was less severe this time, allowing Speardwarf a brief respite before his sister Libash, who had died in the recent battle stepped forth.

"With this life I give you tireless energy." She said. "Use it well to carry out the duties of a Leader."

The pain was drowned out by a massive wave of energy that washed over and reinvigorated the Warrior.

Next Iton stepped forth, crossbow hanging from his belt and a quiver of bolts on his back. "With this life I give you protection. Use it to care for your Clan as a mother cares for her children."

This life was filled with the fierce strength that a mother used to defend her child from all enemies.

Vabok strode forward next, the spine that had been injured so many years ago made strong again. "With this life I give you knowledge, Use it well to train the young Dwarves of your Clan."

The pain centered in his head this time as the ancestors gave him the knowledge of past Leaders and Warriors.

Sir Nil, looking as tough and battle-hardened as he had in life rested a hand on his shoulder. "With this life I give you compassion, use it well for the injured and the sick, and all those weaker then yourself."

Hawkfrost had taken his place before the pain faded.

"With this life I give you love. Use it well for all the Dwarves in your care, esspecially for Arzez." This time there was no pain, only a feeling of great happiness. The former Deputy stepped back to the side of a Dwarf dressed in the garb of a Carpenter.

Last of all came Fireheart, still driven by the same resolve that had led him in life. "With this life I give you nobility and certainty and faith. Use it well as you lead your Clan in the ways of our ancestors and the Warrior Code."

As Fireheart touched his shoulder the Deputy writhed in the hold of the nearly unbearable pain that accompanied the life. Speardwarf fell to his knees as the pain released him.

Fireheart gave him a moment before motioning for him to stand.

"I hail you by your new name, Doldin Firetower. Your old life is no more. You have now recieved the nine lives of a Leader, and the ancestors grant you the guardianship of Thunderclan. Defend it well, care for young and old and honor your ancestors and the traditions of the Warrior Code. Live each life with pride and dignity."

As Fireheart stepped back cheers rose from all the Dwarves in the cavern, the chanting of his new name echoing off the stone and bone.

An old Dwarf wearing the robes of a Philosopher appeared at Firetower's side. "We have finally uncovered the identity of our enemies. The Goblins have been united under the red spiral banner of the Demon Uktang. The Undead lords have allied with them to destroy us. Be wary for we know not what other allies they may have."

With a bow the ancient scholar melted back into the crowd...

Upon waking, Firetower went looking for Mothwing, finding her in the Infirmary, patching up Kanet while Argonnek looked on worriedly. The Dwarves launched into a long discussion as the moon began to rise...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barbarossa, if its all right with you I'd like to shorten your name to just Firetower for most things, only using the full name when appropriate.

Also Congratulations, you are the Leader of Thunderclan.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 22, 2010, 10:54:17 pm »

Sounds good to me! I've never been a leader in a community game, but I say we need to build walls high enough to shoot at any threats before they even see the gates.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 22, 2010, 11:47:50 pm »

Sounds good to me! I've never been a leader in a community game, but I say we need to build walls high enough to shoot at any threats before they even see the gates.

How did you find out about my plans for the Western Wall??  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 23, 2010, 12:09:42 am »

20th Moonstone

As the moon reached its height Firetower  stepped onto the stage as the mourning Dwarves gathered around.

"Dwarves of Flamebanner! We have suffered greatly with the loss of Fireheart but we will continue his fight. Our ancestors have revealed to me that our Goblin foes have united and allied with the Undead. They will continue to invade and we must be prepared to drive them back."

"Miners, continue the excavations you worked on under Fireheart. Smiths, keep producing weapons and armor for our Warriors. Engineers, continue to carve bolts and build siege weaponry. Masons, hone your skills as we will have much to do in the coming years."

"Before that though we must have a new Deputy. Wok is the obvious canidate, being the only surviving Senior Warrior but since he is still laid up with a broken leg I have made a different choice."

"I say these words before our ancestors, that they may hear and approve my choice! Kanet will be the new Deputy of Thunderclan!"

As the Warrior came forward, bandages wrapped tightly around his chest the Dwarves cheered their friend, the fact that life would continue lessening the sorrow they felt...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 23, 2010, 03:03:30 am »

...And apparently one person was quite upset over the death of Fireheart...

And the Ghost Throat resurfaces...One of the Miners has no eyes or throat.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:08:24 am by thunderclan »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 23, 2010, 07:37:40 am »

And the Ghost Throat resurfaces...One of the Miners has no eyes or throat.

Call him the Faceless One.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 23, 2010, 07:56:18 am »

Well, he can't choke on coal dust if he has no throat!

I can't believe that only two of the Senior Warriors are left, and one of them is me. I assumed I'd die pretty quickly once the enemies stopped having flesh.  ::)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 23, 2010, 11:30:53 am »

Wait, what?  Kanet's already up and about? and deputized? Upon hearing this he has but one thing to say...

"Are you sober!?  Yeh have to be, I accept, but you have to be.  Let the rest of our clan know I'll do my best to support the new fires of Flamebanner!"

---------
Cool! Wait... I work for Barbarossa!  That's either going to mean an epically painful death, or the building of a massive tower that extends to the heavens that has a magma pool/waterfall on top, similar to what he saw in his meeting with the ancestors.  It's where the dwarves should pay homage to the founders and their ancestors...

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 23, 2010, 11:52:11 am »

Notes of Siege engineer Scot.
*Most of the page is taken up by sketches of balista parts made of various materials, clearly the intent here is to improve range and firepower. Unfortunately, the words "it cannae be done" appear several times..
(At the bottom of the page there are actual notes, they don't make much sense to most.)

Steel arms for more tension? nah, cannae be done. Works for crossbows because they're small, would need big animals to load the thing. Will have to talk to someone about that. Never mind the fact that if any part of it breaks the poor sod operating the things gonna lose more than an eye.

Think I've got it..
(More drawings of balista's, instead of the arms being static, they are easily movable but are attached to all sorts of mechanisms. The log is unreadable from this point, too much technobable and not enough pictures.)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 23, 2010, 01:43:36 pm »

Dungeon Master Zasit is dead. She went berserk, killed one of her kids, beat a deer to death, caused general havoc at the gates and was finally killed by Argonnek with support from Kanet.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 106