Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131664 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #930 on: March 21, 2010, 07:24:29 pm »

I think I can manage that though you'll likely be joining Hexed and Gizmo on the Ballista Emplacments as I don't really want to waste a 3rd Dwarf on Mechanics when Akhier and Eli are handling all the work already.  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 22, 2010, 02:13:18 am »

Scotty is Dwarfed  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 22, 2010, 02:17:39 am »

And the Goblins have arrived...With 2 Axelords and an Elite Crossbowman...That I've found so far.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 22, 2010, 03:41:44 am »

That siege led to 3 deaths so far...and we have a couple wounded, including Kanet...

And here is a shot I got at the start of the battle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see that is alot of Goblins...and the Pool of Death got refilled with rainwater.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:43:16 am by thunderclan »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 22, 2010, 04:11:49 am »

rating this story 10/10 now , i'll request one dwarf when i get any creative ideas

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 22, 2010, 11:07:03 am »

...how...badly wounded?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 22, 2010, 12:10:49 pm »

You'll have to wait until I get the write-up done...Should be fairly soon.  ;D

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 22, 2010, 01:04:11 pm »

*shakes fist*  Curses!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 22, 2010, 01:09:36 pm »

17th Moonstone

The Goblin forces were sighted the moment they crossed the Southern border. Derek's squad ran off to battle before Speardwarf could give any orders.

Derek was the first to meet the enemy as they crashed through the trees on the side of the road. The Wrestlers swarmed him but even with numbers on their side couldn't break through his defenses.

While his forces occupied the Dwarves, Witchskinned made his move toward the fortress. Raising his axe to attack a peasant passing nearby the Goblin Axelord let out a scream as a bolt suddenly appeared in his shoulder.

Ripping the bolt out he looked around, spotting the Dwarf who had just shot him as a second bolt bounced off his greaves. Roaring the Goblin charged Argonnek who quickly flipped his weapon around to the spiked side.

The Marksdwarf was overwhelmed by the strength of the Axelord's attack and could barely get a hit in before she was forced to defend herself. The Goblin was raising his axe for another blow when a pair of bolts shot through the visor of his helmet, blinding him.

Kanet continued to pour bolts into every chink in the Axelord's armor while Argonnek beat him with her crossbow. It took a while but eventually he stopped moving as blood pooled around him.

Glancing back through the trees the Marksdwarves could see that the loss of their leader had destroyed the Goblin's morale and they were retreating. The last invader limped across the border, left arm dangling useless by his side.

Cheering their victory the Warriors headed back toward the fortress where a greater problem was rising...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First parts done, have to put a little thought into the second part before I write it up.

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 22, 2010, 01:34:43 pm »

17th Moonstone

-Kanet Bromrekidith-

Facing the Goblin Siege

Damned Greenskins!  The mad man Derek seems to be holding his own...Heh, what a good shot by argony...The BASTARD!  Stay away from me love!  You'll be a pincushion the time we're through with yeh!

(just a short little blurb of what he was thinking during that fight.)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 22, 2010, 02:34:50 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 22, 2010, 02:45:52 pm »

17th Moonstone

As the Warriors entered the courtyard they were swept aside in the rush of Apprentices and civilians running everywhere.

"What is happening?" Derek asked after fighting his way through to Speardwarf's side. "2 more squads of Goblins crossed the Northern and Eastern borders. They kept to the trees so we didn't see their approach and now they're nearly at the walls."

Kanet gestured to the model of Thunderclan's territory next to the Deputy. "Where will we attack?"

"Here." The Deputy replied. "Just inside the East gates."

The force gathered was impressive. Speardwarf stood with Arzez and the other equipped Warriors in the front with the horder of Apprentices behind them. Kanet and Argonnek had taken up positions a short distance away, using a couple of trees as cover.

Several civilians came running through the gates, some with light injuries. One peasant passed, carrying the body of a child in his arms.

It took only a few more minutes for the Goblins to reach the gate. The invaders poured through, Wrestlers following their leader Axelord Entrancetick.

Speardwarf prepared to give the order to attack when a wave of bolts hit the assembled Warriors. Most bounced off armor or missed completely while the ones that hit were pulled out and tossed aside.

Glancing at the gates Speardwarf's face took on a look of horror. Goblin Marksmen stood in the gateway and several more were on the walls including the Elite Marksman Witchkiss. There had to be more then a dozen of the creatures, all carrying loaded quivers.

Kanet and Argonnek were popping out from behhind the trees and firing on the incoming Wrestlers while Derek and Arzez fought to hold back Entrancetick and the Apprentices used their numbers to take out one Wrestler after another.

Witchkiss leapt down from the walls, firing a bolt into the leg of Derek as he dropped. Rolling to his feet as he hit the ground Witchkiss joined the main body of Goblin crossbowmen in firing into the melee.

The fighting was fierce but the Warriors of Flamebanner were holding the road against the Goblins. Stesok had taken the lead of the Apprentices and the tactic of swarming a single enemy until they were dead before moving on was serving the unarmed and unarmored Dwarves well.

Speardwarf was facing off against Entrancetick while Derek lay dazed nearby. The Dwarf was using his enemies armored form as a shield against the Marksmen but he was still covered in scratches from bolts.

Kanet and Argonnek continued firing until they ran out of ammo. Then, crossbows at the ready the pair charged into the thick of battle bashing Goblins in the face and leaving easier targets for the other Warriors.

Stepping over the body of the Planter Libash who was laying in a pool of blood with half a dozen bolts in him, Argonnek was hit in the arm and leg and collapsed only to regain her footing a moment later and continue limping across the field.

Kanet was beating a Wrestler with his bow when a bolt hit him in the chest. 2 more followed it as Witchkiss came into view. The Goblin grinned at the wounded Dwarf as she flipped her weapon around to reveal a sharp blade and drew a dagger from her belt.

The Goblin stabbed at her foe but hit only limestone blocks as Kanet rolled away. Furiously the Goblin turned to face her opponent...and so was unprepared for the pick-axe that sank into her arm, causing her to drop her bow with a shriek as Fireheart pulled Islandcall out and let the Goblin sink to the ground.

Witchkiss wasn't done yet though. She raised her arm and signalled her second in command. After giving orders the Goblin Marksmen let loose a barrage of bolts. Kanet and Fireheart did their best to avoid the bolts but the Thunderclan Leader was hit in the legs and as he stumbled several more bolts sprouted from his chest.

Witchkiss had been killed as well as Entrancetick and without a leader to direct their aim the Goblin crossbowmen fled, a select few remaining to protect the retreat with their lives.

The Halls of Flamebanner were filled with sadness as the Dwarves mourned the loss of their Leader, Fireheart. Mothwing had taken the body into the infirmary and Speardwarf, Sarek, Orwen and many others had gathered outside the door.

Finally the Medicine Dwarf emerged. "The wounds were too great and Fireheart's remaining lives were lost. Thunderclan's Leader is dead." Mothwing said.

"Now what do we do?" Sarek asked. "Who becomes Leader?"

"The Deputy succeeds the Clan Leader. That is the Warrior Code." Mothwing said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We lost Fireheart, a child and a Planter. Kanet is wounded with a mangled heart and lungs. Argonnek is lightly wounded in the right arm and left leg.

Speardwarf is Deputy which means he is to be named Leader. Do you guys think I should continue my tradition of actually doing the ceremonies and make the next update the Leader Ceremony?

This fortress will continue and I'll likely take on a new Dwarf. Though it would have been easier had Fireheart married. Somehow he was the only Founder who never even had a Lover despite spending a lot of time chatting...I checked and he was a full Legendary Conversationalist.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 22, 2010, 03:15:13 pm »

Wow, that sucks.
His memory shall last eternal, and his spirit will drink ale with Armok.

I think you should do the ceremony, the dwarves need to grieve.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 22, 2010, 03:32:42 pm »

Alrighty! Ceremony it is!  ;D

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 22, 2010, 04:54:16 pm »

-Kanet Bomrekidith-

After the Seige

I'm laid up...only reason i'm even here is cause of Fireheart...heh, feels like my own hearts on fire.  The dwarf showed up at the hour of my reckoning and pushed it back at least a little while.  At least long enough to see Argony walk away with nothing but a few scratches.

I'm waiting on that blasted healer Mothwing to come and attend to me.  She ran off to the leader as soon as she saw I wasn't immediately going to die on her. Argonnek's been in and out, said she had to attend to the fortress.  She's right but still wish I could see more of her right now.

I passed out for a few hours there.  It's, it's official.  The dwarf who led us and made sure we survived is dead...gave his own life to continue mine.  *here, some blood spatters the page.*

I ain't going without a fight. I'm going to heal up.  I'm gonna go down to the pumps the minute I can walk and crank'em daily.  That's two who've lost their lives protecting us...me.  I know you've joined the ancestors and armok, but read this and hear my thoughts.  If...not if, When I get outta this bed i'll become what this fortress needs.  I'll learn everything I can to protect Argonnek and this fortress.

My brother's death ain't been repaid yet... 

And Fireheart? Yeh best be preparing in the after life for that great battle of the planes...Cause i'll be sending an army of the dead before I'm there to pay back the favor you paid me.

-------------

Should kanet survive, he has renewed vigor to become as strong, and as well versed in the arts of war as possible.  Would it even be possible for him to train to legendary in every weapon?  Or is mangling internal organs something that makes them stop sparring or training like that?  Also...how likely is one to survive that?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:00:10 pm by masam »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 106