Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131666 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #915 on: March 16, 2010, 12:42:57 am »

Wait a minute, the fortress is based off that Warriors series with cats and you're not using the cat mod?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just read through the thread, and enjoyed it.

Also, if I had been on these forums when Ushat Swordmartyrs was born, I would have requested her. However, you gave her the military glory her name deserves. In any case, I will request her now so that she can be put into the running for deputy in the future, if she could not before.

...You do realize Arzez is (probably still) female, right?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:42:38 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 17, 2010, 12:07:40 pm »

Yeah...I don't really notice the gender of the Dwarves much...Probably a good thing since if I did It would be that much harder to match names to Dwarves.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 17, 2010, 01:05:57 pm »

28th Malachite

The sounds of the Masons placing stones above him was slightly distracting to Gizmo while he adjusted the first pair of ballistas. The first emplacment had been finished, built out of the red felsite that was so common in Thunderclan territory. After a suggestion from Kanet the building team began work on a fortified level above the siege weapons where Marksdwarves could fire from.

Gizmo was getting ready to head back inside for a drink when Fireheart arrived with Speardwarf and Hexed. "Gizmo! We're doing a weapons test, grab a ballista." Speardwarf said as he stopped beside the Siege Engineer. Gizmo quickly took his place at the second ballista.

"Ready?" Speardwarf said as the Engineers cranked back the weapons.

"Fire!" The second the words left the Deputy's mouth a pair of bolts shot out of the building and sped across the field toward the bone piles that had been set up as targets. The first bolt went slightly wide, knocking a few bones from the pile while the second hit perfectly, sending bones flying in all directions.

"Not bad." Speardwarf said as the Engineers reloaded before coming over to the Deputy. "If they do that kind of damage to the Undead we'll have a bit of breathing room for once."

As Fireheart headed for his office he was stopped by Newb. "One of your Miners withdrew into the Mason's shop." The Trademaster said. "He created a beautiful statue of Hawkfrost's final battle. It also had images of our arrival here and of Warriors fighting Adet Smithmystery."

"See if anyone would like it, if not then keep it in storage until we find a proper place for it." Fireheart said as he entered his office.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So does anyone want the Artifact Statue Rubbowls?

We also got another Artifact Quern...and I haven't used the first one yet.

Also I think Skid may recover, she is down to just a broken leg. Also, for the first time in several years I'm seeing a few Unhappy and Very Unhappy Dwarves...I guess thats the price you pay when everyone in the fortress is friends and then some of them die fighting Undead.

The military training is going smoothly as well. Several Apprentices hit Champion status but they won't be renamed Warriors until they prove themselves on the field of battle.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 17, 2010, 02:43:15 pm »

Derek Issues mandate: Artifact statue in room.

How have I been by the way?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 17, 2010, 04:56:59 pm »

Malachite the 28th-

-Kanet Bomrekidith-

Had quite the scare back during Slate.  I've never been so close to death.  At least argonnek would've got to see the way her dwarf went, toe to toe with a titan.  We never did find all the bits and pieces of tanak the way those lifeless bastards worked him...They gave me his weapons...Fireheart himself actually handed em over. Seems like he takes the loss of each and every one of us here as his own fault.  I know it ain't his fault, that damn fool of a brother never could keep his attention on anything longer than a few minutes.  Probably got distracted by a squirrel and let the buggers sneak up on him...He wasn't made for that line a'work.  Not out there in the field anyway.  It's why when he said he wanted to go, I convinced him to pick up a bow.  The one sitting at the foot of my bed, carved and decorated.  The one that saved me against that damn giant, but not him.  Maybe I'll go see if I can find the boss round here and make a suggestion about keepin us marksdwarves away from the front, leastways until I get some hammer training.  Don't want to lose argonnek same as I lost little Tan...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 18, 2010, 03:55:46 am »

25th Galena

Fireheart stepped back quickly as the last chunks of rock tumbled down into the chasm. The sounds of the chasm creatures echoed off the stone. Moving aside the Miner let several Masons through to bridge the gap.

30th Galena

The work sped up greatly once the soft sand was reached, parts of the sand wall were replaced with fortifications while the building teams constructed firing corridors and the Siege Engineers constucted the second of Flamebanner's ballista emplacements.

16th Limestone

"Fireheart! Good to see you." The Liason said as he approached. "Always a pleasure to see your caravan at our gates. You look like you have something on your mind though." Fireheart replied, passing a mug of rum to the Liason.

"Its been a rough year. We lost several of our mines to attacks from the Undead and Goblins and the fortress of Crystalcrypt fell. The Queen sent several units of soldiers to reinforce the more remote outposts so they should be able to hold the enemy."

"Well, we're holding out here." Fireheart replied. "The Undead did a number on our Warriors last time but the new Apprentices have proven fierce and they're learning fast."

"Sir Nil's teaching them is he?" The Liason asked, not seeing the brief shadow that passed over Fireheart's face. "Nil fell to the Undead. Speardwarf is our new Deputy."

"One of Kornash's kids? I almost feel sorry for those skeletons, they won't know what hit them. Looks like Newbs finished with her trade so I'll be off to my meeting."

2nd Sandstone

Henchwoman Ineth was heading back toward the fortress with a rock when a bolt took out her right eye. Dropping the rock as her hands flew to her face Ineth was hit by several more bolts as Goblins emerged from the bushes. Swords cut into the poor Dwarf as Arzez led Govos and Kogan into a battle that was over in seconds as Ineth drew her last breath.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 18, 2010, 07:57:24 am »

Could we get a kill count on all the Wariors, living and Dead?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 18, 2010, 12:11:58 pm »

Anyone not on the list has 0 kills

Wok: 80
Nil: 97
Hawkfrost: 59
Vabok: 28
Kornash: 24
Speardwarf: 77
Iton: 9
Bob: 52
Arzez: 30
Tamunshin: 27
Keshan: 6
Giken: 8
Catten: 4
Kogan: 2
Govos: 40
Fred: 1
Bubbles: 0
Tanak Masam: 2
Mamgoz: 1
Sakrith: 2
Toltot: 23
Tharnas: 5
Tarmid: 2
Nekik: 4
Volal Togal: 2
Argonnek: 5
Kanet: 1
Derek: 11
Soshosh: 4
Otil Kurel: 4

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 20, 2010, 03:47:02 am »

20th Timber

Several Dwarves stopped to watch as Rimtar lugged a large chunk of resin opal mined from the quarry down to the workshop level.

The peasant repeated this twice more before quickly grabbing several other materials and vanishing into the shop.

24th Timber

"How's it going?" Fireheart asked Speardwarf as they watched the Apprentices wrestling. "I think they're nearly ready for weapons. I think mostly swords, axes, maces and hammers." The Deputy replied.

"I'll make sure Sarek gets on it quick." Fireheart said, stepping aside as Sable and Kodor tumbled past. "Also I think we should bring Flamequill up from the vault." Speardwarf continued. "Sable seems to have been a great admirer of Hawkfrost so I felt that giving her the honor of bearing Flamequill would be appropriate."

"Plus it would be crazy to let such a weapon sit in the vault when it could be cutting through Undead." Fireheart said with a grin as he turned to go.

28th Timber

"What's going on here?" Newb asked as she pushed her way through the crowd gathered outside the workshops. She paused in shock as her eyes fell on the barrel before her. The light glinted off the...entire...thing. "You made a barrel...out of resin opal?" Newb asked.

"I guess so." Rimtar replied. "I don't exactly remember what I did the last few days. It has my mark on it though so I guess its mine."

"Its definetly one of the stranger artifacts I've seen." Newb said, moving closer to appraise the barrel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An interesting Artifact. Beakchaste The Diversion of Galleries, a Resin Opal barrel.

Also we've quarried out a second level...and got ALOT of gems out of it as well as some silver.

The Apprentices are doing well, if we had weapons then I'd be giving them out but production has faltered a bit.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 20, 2010, 09:18:35 am »

That is one sweet barrel.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 20, 2010, 10:36:56 am »

Oh my got that is the most awesome barrel that i have ever seen.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 20, 2010, 06:44:26 pm »

AWESOME.... PURRING MAGGOTS!

Oh, the rest of the barrel is cool too... I guess.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 21, 2010, 12:59:55 am »

Gizmo's diary

10th day:
We have a new artifact in town, a barrel maid of resin opal.  I hope they fill it with strawberry wine, We're starting to run out!  Damn, dunno what i'll do if we run out of wine. 

Also, I went to clean out the ballistae to make sure they'll work if we need em-good thing too, they were covered with that gunk the toads put out! but then, when I got back to my room, they, they...THOSE BASTARDS TOOK MY SOCKS!!

(the rest of the page is drawings of what is labeled "the squisher."  It consists of 2 pressure plates which constantly press together.)

*I figured he needed a good reason to hate toads, so...*
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 21, 2010, 01:11:18 am »

The idea of toads running around stealing socks to wear while they sabotage ballistas with gunk is rather amusing actually  ;D

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 21, 2010, 06:22:26 pm »

Fairly sure I had a dwarf in this fort at some point. Can't remember his name and in any case I think he was a mace dwarf so he's probably dead :-\.
If you have any spare can I have an engineer?
His name is Scotty and he acts as you'd imagine an engineer with that name to act..
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106