Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131669 times)

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #900 on: March 12, 2010, 12:05:10 am »

I figure unless someone objects I'll stick with it.  I started it because it says he is tense and jittery in his profile.  Same reason he's drinking strawberry wine, and also probably why that machine in his journal knits socks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 13, 2010, 03:29:19 am »

Things are going well, Siege is lifted and the less used workshops have been dusted out. Planning to have an update in the morning, though it may be pushed to later in the day.

Also saw something that I NEVER would have expected from the Undead.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 13, 2010, 07:09:35 am »

Did they run away like the bony wimps they are?
NOT THE BEES!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 13, 2010, 09:21:23 am »

I bet they had children.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 13, 2010, 05:02:21 pm »

13th Hematite

The Undead never knew what hit them as Warriors and Apprentices alike fell on them, crushing skulls and cutting away limbs. The range of the skeletal crossbowmen was useless against the ambush that allowed Arzez, Govos and a single Apprentice to wipe them out.

Speardwarf managed to single-handedly hold back a force of Wrestlers and Lashers attacking the quarry until Govos arrived with several Apprentices to finish the job.

With the majority of the enemy forces destroyed Speardwarf led a squad to remove the final enemy squad on the Northwestern border...But as they came within sight the only thing they saw was the last few invaders guarding the enemies retreat before vanishing over the border themselves.

16th Hematite

The meeting halls were nearly empty aside from the Nobles drinking wine and complaining that their rooms weren't impressive enough. The working Dwarves of Flamebanner were spread across the territory as they worked to refortify their home.

Large groups hauled the corpses and equipment left from past fights back to be either traded or melted down for the metal while Fireheart led the mining team as they contined to quarry stone and gems.

The Siege Engineers Hexed and Gizmo had cleared out all the dust and old tools from the siege workshop and were now stedily churning out massive wooden bolts that would be used with the soon to be built ballista emplacements. The work of carving the bolts went quickly and soon bolts were piled against the walls of the workshop.

Deeper in the fortress Sarek and his metalworkers stoked up the magma-powered forges and furnaces to create weapons and armor for the new soldiers. Sarek was pleased with his team, especially with the newest member, his grandson Etest Kudar.

20th Hematite

Newb had finally found the time to meet with Conar, the head of the Human's merchant caravan. The Humans had come through, bringing many bars of metal and bins of jaguar and leopard leather. Once the merchants had loaded several dozen bins of totems and useless clothing the Trademaster headed down to her office to meet with Idil, the Human Liason.

"I trust that our goods were satisfactory?" Idil asked as Newb took a seat at her desk. "Most satisfactory I assure you." Newb answered with a smile. "Our craftsmen will do wonders but we will require more."

"Next year we'll need more metal and leather as well as any weapons and shields you can spare. We're working to equip a large force of new recruits and I don't know if our current supplies will be enough to do the job."

"I'll gather what I can. The animals are plentiful in our lands and the mines continue to reveal new veins of metal for our miners. Lately our people have acquired a love of bracelets, the craftsmen continously try to outdo each other but I suspect that the Dwarven craftsmen can create far grander works then our best can."

"As I am the head crafter as well as Trademaster I think we can do that." Newb replied as she stood to walk Idil out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fortress is quite busy. Plus I've got a few projects and experiments I intend to start sooner or later.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 13, 2010, 05:03:47 pm »

Almost forgot...Toltot finally passed to her ancestors. She suffocated so I think that missing throat finally caught up to her.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 13, 2010, 05:43:24 pm »

Nah, the ghostthroat just took the secondary pharynx out with it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 13, 2010, 11:07:00 pm »

DIARY OF GIZMO, NUTTY DWARF TINKERER ARTIFICER

4th day:

Fireheart's ordered me an' Hexed to start cleaning out the old siege factories in preperation for upgrading our defenses, says we're going to be making more siege engines, good thing too because there's something wrong with the catapults, besides being walled in, there's all this gunk in the mechanisms, I saw it when i went to look at them, anyway our first order is to make these giant arrows for something called a ballista.  From what Hexed has told me it's some sort of giant crossbow.  should be interesting to see what it does to those damn undead.

5th day:
  As I was cleaning out some of the equipment in the siege factory, I found the same gunk that was clogging up the catapults, so I started to look around and all of a sudden this little greeny brown thing jumped out and croaked at me, scared the hell outta me!  It sat there on a workbench I had just cleaned, puked up some slime, and hopped off!  The freaking thing even knocked over my mug of wine, that stuff`s valuable since we don`t have any strawberries, Armok damn it!  I asked Hexed an he said it was pobably a toad, I really don`t care what it was the thing made an elf of me and if I see it again I`m going to sacrifice it to Eges.

6th day:
We finally finished cleaning all the gunk out of the siege workshops and got started making those ballista bolts.  It`s fairly easy work, we normally would build the ballistae first but the masons haven`t built the emplacements yet so there would be no point.

7th day
Toltot finally passed today.  We all knew her time was limited when her throat got torn out but she held on for a long time, and managed to send a few goblins and undead ahead to pave a road.  Since she was a marksdwarf, I carved her name into the bolts I made today.  May they prove as deadly as she was.
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 13, 2010, 11:34:26 pm »

Toltot Shovetour, Spearman

I think you mixed up your Warriors there Phil  ;D

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 14, 2010, 12:05:06 am »

Huh I thought she used a crossbow at some point...

Whatever, the name`s there not and I am not sanding it off :P

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 15, 2010, 05:27:11 pm »

4th Slate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now we have a Philosopher. Kanet killed Tol Wonderscribes and IF I can make it work I'm going to have the skull made into a totem and place it in Kanet's room as a trophy...Might do that with Wok to if it works out.
...Holy...holy armok that's awesome.  Talk about recieving the luck gene in the family.  Is it ok if I occasionally post his point of view, the same thing that Gizmo is doing?  I've been re-reading the story up til now and would like to give you a little more of his personality for your use when you post story centric posts.

Edit:  The titan did infact boot kanet around the fortress i just realized, just without finishing him.  And could i get a picture of his info screen? To write his little blurbs if you say it's ok.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:46:03 pm by masam »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 15, 2010, 09:39:02 pm »

Fine by me, I said it was ok to post your characters point of view back near the beginning of the fortress but nobody really did so I stopped saying it.
Nice to see some people are getting into the story  ;D

I'll get the info for Kanet up later.

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 15, 2010, 09:47:18 pm »

Cool, i thought you had, but...60 pages of searching is a lot.  I know that forty seconds after I post this, someone's going to find it on page 2, but what the hey.  I'll also start thinking of something as soon as that's up!  Thanks!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 15, 2010, 11:25:13 pm »

Here you go  :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 15, 2010, 11:38:24 pm »

Argonnek, the same one defending the hall with him, is his lover?  He also prefers carp eh?  and Dwarven beer!  A dwarfy dwarf if there ever was one.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 106