Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131693 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #720 on: November 03, 2009, 02:27:03 am »

Guess which group of creatures that want to kill us has returned to the fortress?  ;D

We are under siege once more!

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 03, 2009, 02:33:52 am »

Orcs, Skeletons, Gobbos or Kobolds?
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 03, 2009, 04:23:48 am »

Skeletons...and whatever they brought with them this time  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 03, 2009, 09:08:30 am »

A Mammothataur?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 01, 2009, 03:17:48 am »

If you guys aren't used to my weird update scedule by now then you really should be.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

9th Granite

The Dwarves of Flamebanner were able to carry out the invasion safety plan perfectly after so many years of fighting. The civilian population headed for the safety of the main fortress while the Warriors headed out to face the invaders.

Only the squads of Wok and Sir Nil were moving along the road to where 2 large groups of Wrestlers and Hammermen had been sighted. Arzez was still in bed and his squad refused to leave his side.

The moment that the enemy came in sight Wok and Nil sounded their battle cries and charged with their men in their wake...This proved a bad idea though as the group spread out to surround the Warriors.

Drawing his swords Wok wasted no time securing a path through the undead fighters while Speardwarf proved surprisingly effective considering his opponnents had nothing to injure with a spear.

Hawkfrost was fighting with her fists and shield after she threw her axe into the back of a wrestler that had been charging Iton.

As Iton fired the last of his bolts he charged into the thick of the battle, intent on smashing someone with his crossbow. As a Maceman stumbled away stunned Iton paused to consider that a crossbow would make a better melee weapon if he had bothered to learn how to use it as one.

He was torn from his thoughts by a Spearman that leapt at him. Iton barely managed to get his crossbow up to block before the spikey tip reached him. As the spearman pulled the spear back Iton went to hit him only to have the spear swing back and pierce his leg.

Falling to the ground as his leg buckled Iton cried out as the spear came down onto his arm, forcing him to drop his weapon...

Speardwarf was having a great time as he used his spear to destroy another Wrestler. He had started to keep a tally in his head and figured he had about 8 kills from this squad. He was expecting the number to increase greatly once they moved to face the others.

As Sir Nil smacked another skeleton into the distance with his hammer he looked around and saw a lone Spearman standing somewhat away from the main fighting. With a roar he charged and took the body out from under the skull with a single swing.

Stooping to pick up the skull he brushed against a ragged piece of iron and found it was connected to the equally bad-looking body of Iton. Leaving the young Warrior where he lay he walked over to Wok who wasn't looking to great himself with his leg at an odd angle and his arm hanging at his side.

Fireheart met the Warriors as they returned with Wok supported on the shoulders of Speardwarf and Vabok. A quick headcount told him that something had gone wrong.

"One of your squadmates is missing." He said as Sir Nil stopped near him. "We lost Iton. A Spearman got him. We couldn't even bring his body back because the second squad was bearing down on us." Nil answered with a sigh.

"We know there were at least 5 squads in our territory. Its 4 now but I worry about what the cost of removing them will be. Once Mothwing sees to Wok we'll head back out." Nil continued as he passed into the fortress.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Iton Brainarrows, Wielder of Mindbolts has fallen in battle. I feel quite sorry for him. The message log said he canceled Rest 237 times because he was interuppted by an undead spearman.

The kill log for that fight:

Speardwarf: 8
Sir Nil: 3 (Including Crushedjoy)
Bob: 1
Hawkfrost: 2
Wok: 7

Crushedjoy was the Spearman that got Iton...he got that name from Iton as well.
Forgot to check if Iton got any kills so the full log isn't fully updated but here it is anyway:

Wok: 59
Nil: 76
Hawkfrost: 26
Vabok: 25
Kornash: 24
Speardwarf: 44
Iton: 9
Bob: 52
Arzez: 23
Tamunshin: 21
Keshan: 4
Giken: 6

Sir Nil is leading by a little bit.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 01, 2009, 06:12:28 am »

So, just another siege? It's not as if anyone died. Oh wait, somebody did. XD
They started to collide~

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 01, 2009, 08:48:01 am »

NOOOOOOOO! mindbolts!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 02, 2009, 05:52:30 pm »

Wow, I stop reading these forums for like a year, and I come back to see that Bob has gone into badassed dwarfy land. XD And is still quite alive. Awesome.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:32:00 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 02, 2009, 06:32:41 pm »

Wow, I stop reading these forums for like a year, and I come back to see that Bob has gone into badassed dwary land. XD And is still quite alive. Awesome.

And smashing things to pieces with a spikey mace...Think you forgot that one.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 03, 2009, 12:57:13 am »

I'm curious if he has any relationships with anyone or anything other than his mace. XD I also wouldn't mind seeing his Thoughts and Pref's screen.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 03, 2009, 03:10:37 am »

I'll see what I can do about getting shots of those up for you...Don't think he has any relationships though I haven't looked in a while.

I'll have the rest of the siege written up later...including the battle next to the chasm which showed me some Dwarven stupidity.

HINT: It involved someone getting shot in the face...about 30 times.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 03, 2009, 11:03:55 am »

Dwarven botox >.>

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 03, 2009, 06:53:06 pm »

9th Granite Continued

With Wok limping along beside them and some fine rum in their bellies Sir Nil and the other Warriors returned to the south part of the territory to free it from the Undead invaders.

The enemy hammermen fell upon the Warriors almost as soon as they entered the field, sending Bob and Vabok flying as Hawkfrost seperated a wrestler's lower body from his upper body.

Speardwarf was piercing the skull of his second opponent when a hammer smashed against his helm, sending him to the ground. Before the hammerman could finish the job Sir Nil brought his own jeweled hammer down, reducing the skull and most of the bones to dust.

The pain of his injuries forgotten, Wok's swords were moving with incredible speed, hacking apart limbs and bodies almost before they knew what was happening.

Seeing that this fight was all but won Sir Nil ordered Hawkfrost and Bob to remain with Speardwarf and took off to the northeast, intent on taking revenge on the Undead for the loss of Iton.

Not bothering to hide his presence Sir Nil leapt out of the brush, crushing a wrestler under his iron boots. Lashing out with his hammer he catapulted Undead warriors into trees and each other, completely destroying any small chance they may have had at killing him.

When the rest of the Warriors arrived they found Nil wiping bone dust off his hammer while sitting on a pile of broken bones. Standing the Deputy turned to look at the western cliffs where the white of skeletons was clearly visible against the dark colors of the landscape.

After devising a plan of attack the Warriors had started along the edge of the chasm that cut through Thunderclan territory. Having taken care of the beasts that such a place attracted years ago there was no explanation for the unearthly cries that echoed up from the darkness.

Bob was grinning as he climbed. He knew his plan would work and would lead to the deaths of every enemy that remained on the field.

As he reached the top of a cliff overlooking the chasm he could see the Undead across the way as well as the glint of sunshine off the armor of the Warriors further down.

Drawing his mace Bob took a breath and started shouting insults across the chasm at the skeletons. As he'd planned they turned to look at him and drew weapons.

What he hadn't planned on was the skeleton in the fancy armor...with a crossbow. And judging by the bolt she sent his way she didn't like his insults very much.

Bob dodged the first bolt only to step into the path of a second which shot right through the eyehole of his helm and into his eye. The crossbowman looked away for a moment as her wrestler guards were attacked by the Warriors.

Her gaze returned to the Dwarf across the way though and she snapped a fresh bolt into her weapon before taking aim...

Bob was only briefly aware of group of bolts hitting him as he fell into uncounciousness...

As Hawkfrost saw Bob collapse she felt a familiar rage rising in her. Charging across the rocky ground she knocked the surprised crossbowman to the ground. The furious Warrior then proceeded to tear the skeletons limbs off before ripping her head off and throwing it into the chasm...

Bob was carried back to the fortress by Speardwarf and Hawkfrost while Wok and Vabok went to collect Iton's body. The young maceman was hardly recognizable after being shot so many times. As Bob was rushed to Mothwing's chambers Sir Nil went to report to Fireheart.

Mothwing left her office and walked over to where the Warriors were waiting.

"I'm sorry." She said. "He was too badly injured and lost too much blood. All I could do was ease his journey." What hope there had been evaporated as the Warriors heard the fate of their young friend...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Haika...I would have tried that again but it just seemed too good storywise. Feel free to request another Dwarf.

Hawkfrost I don't know whats more dangerous...you with an axe or you with your bare hands. You didn't kill alot with your hands but the couple you did were brutal.

Mostly Updated Kill List:

Wok: 72
Nil: 92
Hawkfrost: 28
Vabok: 25
Kornash: 24
Speardwarf: 46
Iton: 9
Bob: 52
Arzez: 23
Tamunshin: 21
Keshan: 4
Giken: 6

I think someone will hit 100 kills soon

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 03, 2009, 07:18:24 pm »

Oh jeebus! We're losing one Warrior per combat sequence!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 03, 2009, 07:19:18 pm »

And we only have 9 Warriors left now
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 106