Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131662 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #630 on: August 30, 2009, 07:42:49 pm »

Damn fire snakes.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 30, 2009, 08:08:45 pm »

That was surprisingly easy to fix. Guess it helped to have the holes in the floor as a guide for pump positioning.

I still have a couple of smoldering socks piled near the axles so if I turn the tempature on again I'll probably be rebuilding that again. Probably have to turn Weather on and hope we get some rain to put them out.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 30, 2009, 08:43:18 pm »

I wonder why that keeps happening.  I've had forts with grass right next to the pipe before, temperature on for years at a time, and stuff like that will never happen.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 30, 2009, 08:58:25 pm »

Fire Snakes

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 31, 2009, 05:58:38 pm »

I mean, fire snakes never cause me that kind of trouble.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2009, 07:34:00 pm »

Maybe I'm just unlucky  :)

Though It could be interesting if I could somehow create a trap out of it. A fire trap in Flamebanner  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 01, 2009, 07:43:37 pm »

1st Granite

Having completed their training and proven their courage on the battlefield Sir Nil had decided the time had come to bestow their weapons on them.

Tamunshin came forward first to recieve the first of the new weapons to come off of Sarek's forge: a superior quality steel battle axe. He would now be trained by Hawkfrost in the use of the weapon.

Arzez was slightly disappointed as he came forward. He had been hoping to recieve a steel weapon as well but he could see that the sword Sir Nil held was iron.

As the young Warrior took the weapon he could see a number of decorations adorning the hilt. Spikes and bands and rings fashioned from a number of different materials.

"Sarek found this blade among the junk the Undead left us. Since we never recovered it after the battle we thought it had been lost to the chasm. Now it passes to the hands of another Warrior." Sir Nil said as he watched Arzez inspect the sword.

As he turned it over he understood what Sir Nil meant. Etched into the metal were the initials of the fallen Warrior Kornash Mansionbrimmed The Perplexing Iron.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently ramps are quite good at hiding swords. I felt it was right to pass on Kornash's sword to a new Swordsdwarf.  :)

Next update will be up once I figure out who was responsible for the other 6 bodies, fairly sure the 7th was a War Wolf's doing because of the chunks

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 01, 2009, 09:18:39 pm »

3rd Granite

Osta Tormentcoil muttered to himself as he watched cats hunting roachs and rats. He'd been stuck in this Dwarf infested place for over 5 years now and was as determined as ever to see the imposing sight of the Dark Towers again.

There were probably over a dozen Goblins and Kobolds scattered across the room, all captured in Dwarven cages. The idiots had neglected to take their knives and daggers though and that would be their downfall.

Having prepared his allies several days before Osta put his plan into action, tearing one of the bars out of a wood floor weakened by his knifehe slipped quietly through the open space and moved to the nearest trapped Goblin.

Destroying the delicate locking mechanism with his knife proved simple and within moments every prisoner was free and gathered around Osta.

Signalling the group to follow him Osta proceeded to peek around the doorframe and seeing no Dwarves around stepped lightly into the hallway. As the last of the group entered the hallway and Osta tried to get his bearings he saw one of the Kobolds sneaking off toward the nearby intersection.

As the Kobold stopped to peek around the corner his arm flew back down the hallway. The Kobold had the chance to scream in pain before he was torn apart by the War Wolf in the shadows.

Leaving stealth behind Osta pulled his dagger and led his group toward the intersection as several Dwarves came running to investigate the screams. As the one in front saw the rampaging Thieves he screamed "Jailbreak!!" and leapt into battle.

Osta skidded to a halt in terror as he saw one of his fellow Goblins sliced in half by the Dwarf axe and saw dozens of Dwarves swarming into the hallway. Most took one look at the fighting and fled but a couple of weak looking Dwarves charged and quickly cut down 2 more Goblins.

The escape attempt was in complete disarray as the remaining prisoners tried to find a way out. Osta slashed his knife across a Dwarf's back and made for the daylight he could see ahead of him with 2 Kobolds on his heels.

As the brightness blinded them the Kobolds were smashed to the ground by a mace. Osta ran for the gates where he could see another Dwarf running for the gate mechanism. Blindly tossing his knife at the Dwarf he sprinted past the walls and into open territory.

He enjoyed the sight for about a minute before he felt a searing pain in his back. Twisting his head as he fell to his knees he could just see a shiny steel blade through the darkness gathering in his vision before the life left him.
"About half of them are dead." Hawkfrost reported as Fireheart watched Mothwing tending to Korgan's injured back. "7 were stunned and recaptured. What should we do with them?"

"Toss them into the pit. No sense keeping them caged any longer." Fireheart answered with a grin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discovered that trying to toss caged Goblins/Kobolds into a pit lets them go. 7 dead and 7 others tossed into the currently empty Waterfall cistern.

Hawkfrost killed 1, Bob 2 and the Peasants Inod Keyentrance and Udil Gravebooks both killed 1. Tamunshin got Osta with his new axe.

I'm planning to toss all captured enemies into the cistern now and see how Undead and Goblins will get along  :)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 01, 2009, 10:09:35 pm »

make a video!  ;D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 02, 2009, 12:58:37 am »

Undeads vs Gobbos. That'll be fun to watch. :D
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 02, 2009, 02:10:07 am »

If they actually have any problem with each other. Guess I need to set up some cages to catch some Undead and more Goblins.

I don't think Thieves would be very entertaining to watch.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 02, 2009, 07:43:34 pm »

Checked the Cistern and apparently some of those Thieves are preety tough. Only 1 is injured and I don't think he'll last long (mangled lower body and leg, broken lower spine and a brown brain) Not sure if that was from the fight or the fall though.  :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 02, 2009, 08:16:35 pm »

19th Slate

Legolord greeted his daughter Mafol warmly as she was leaving the Glass Furnace. The location for Orwen's Glass Tower had finally been decided and now Legolord and Mafol were working hard to replenish the stocks of glass blocks.

As Legolord pulled the blocks Mafol had been working on out of the heat he caught sight of an of an oddity in the magma. A small portion was black and solid like obsidian but he knew no water had ever touched the magma.

As Legolord turned away the black burst into flames again but he didn't care. He had seen the message in the magma and knew he must build, but not here. The magma was to hot for the work he would have to do...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 02, 2009, 09:43:54 pm »

23rd Slate

"Has anyone seen Legolord lately?" Mafol asked as she sat down with a mug of ale. "I can't keep up with the sand gathering and glass work on my own."
Later in the day Speardwarf and Tamunshin paid a visit to Legolord's suite. Finding his door open the Warriors drew their weapons before entering. The Glassmaker's usually tidy rooms were a mess. Papers and stone tablets covered every surface as Legolord worked furiously at his desk.

As Speardwarf approached his friend he became aware of the Glassmaker's muttering. Straining his hears he could just make out the words Olin Esesh. Recognizing the signs of possession he turned to Tamunshin. "Find Fireheart and Sarek." He ordered the younger Warrior. "Now!"
Legolord was fortunate that his oldest friends had seen possessions like his before in the Mountainhomes. It hadn't taken long to build a temporary Glass Furnace away from the magma. Almost as if he felt it the Glassmaker appeared to claim the furnace before running to collect materials. Now they could only hope they were quick enough to save him from the madness.

28th Slate

Legolord shook his head to clear it as his eyes focused and he could see a pale Dwarven figure fading away with a giant smile on his face. Getting to his feet he tried to remember when he had brought a bed to the Forgeworks.

All thought fled his mind as he gazed upon the ancient work of art he had completed. It was beautiful bed made of green glass. He immedietly noticed the carving on the head of a Goblin surrounded by Dwarves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone want the bed?  ;D

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 03, 2009, 12:40:07 am »

As husband to the Dungeon Master, I demand the bed. :P
They started to collide~
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 106