Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131663 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #615 on: July 30, 2009, 08:51:01 pm »

On the 1st of Hematite the Siege Engineer Hexed Sabreroots and Dungeon Master Zasit Bridgedsold were married.

Didn't even know Nobles would marry non-Nobles.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 30, 2009, 09:12:43 pm »

nor did I. GO DISCOVERY!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 31, 2009, 02:50:44 pm »

Neat.  So, when you say you lost some dwarves to the waterfall, do you mean permanently, as in dying, or just that they fell in?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 31, 2009, 06:46:19 pm »

Some died on impact while others were only mildly wounded by the fall. Neither really matters though due to my savescumming to avoid losing important (Needed for me to have any hope for the plot to continue) Dwarves.

In a related note the Waterfall is working perfectly now. And now I know how NOT to build an artificial triple waterfall  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 31, 2009, 06:59:31 pm »

Hey, you should make a massive sewer system that can be drained with a lever, allowing your best dwarves access to a hidden bunker.

Or you could link it to every single room in the fortress, pressurize it, and have an auto-drowner!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 31, 2009, 08:27:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'd completely screw up a massive sewer system but it could be an interesting thing to try and add to Mansionbrimmed Manor once I get around to building it.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 31, 2009, 10:17:17 pm »

Sewer system sounds fun. In a dwarvish way. Also, does marrying a noble mean I get to make requests? :D
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 31, 2009, 10:34:05 pm »

I wouldn't think so but then again I didn't even know that was possible so who knows.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 06, 2009, 05:36:42 pm »

Not much going on at the moment, mainly clearing Goblin junk and trees off the site of the next big building project. A few small pieces of news though.

A child went secretive and created a larch earring named Lashchamber.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Humans returned and the wagons bypassed us because I'd forgotten that forbidding a type of stone also forbids things that are made of that stone...like our Trade Depot. The remaining merchants brought a few bars of metal and a barrel of fisherberry wine. I took it all and gave them a ton of Goblin Junk.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 09, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »

I always forget that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 12, 2009, 09:31:50 pm »

On the 27th of Hematite construction on Mansionbrimmed Manor was started.

The first floor is nearly done (not counting elements that will be added later like windows and pillars and such). The second floor will be bedrooms.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:06:03 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 14, 2009, 09:43:40 pm »

16th Limestone

Newb sat patiently as the Dwarven Merchants unloaded their goods. She had already seen several bins full of bars and gemstones being lifted off the wagons and was eager to see what other marvels the Mountainhomes had sent this year.

The Trademaster rose from her chair as the Head Merchant Rith Tombsword walked over to her. "We've brought quite a few useful things this year." Rith said as the Liason passed into the Fortress.

"We brought your order for various metal bars, blocks and cut gems and by the looks of things you have need of all of them. We also have several bins of Giant Cave Spider Chitin."

Newb smiled as all of the fortresses building crews would be well stocked for the next year. "We have our usual bins full of junk we've taken from the Goblins as well as some skull totems. I don't understand why this junk is so valuable in the Mountainhomes."

"For some reason the Nobles like collecting it. They pay well though so we all profit from the Goblin's loss." Rith answered as he inspected the piles of Goblin clothing. "We'll leave you our entire load in exchange for about half of this stuff."

"Done." Newb agreed as the 2 Dwarves shook hands.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 25, 2009, 04:25:20 pm »

More mapping then anything in this update. Plus you finally get a chance to see the surface level.  ;D

The Child Inod Keyentrance created a Diorite Coffer named Chainstable.

Level 13 Bedroom/Dining Level:

Level 14 Stockpile/Workshop Level:

Level 15 Surface Level:

I know they aren't great but they show everything well enough. If there are any questions then feel free to ask.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 30, 2009, 12:01:37 am »

7th Opal

The sound of a trumpet filled the air and sent many Dwarves to the walls to see who was invading now. Upon arrival they found Fireheart and Hawkfrost staring at the plumes of smoke rising from the Eastern forest.

"Fire Snakes...again." Fireheart said as he turned to reassure the younger Dwarves that the flames wouldn't reach the fortress.

The Warriors gripped their weapons as a terrible scream split the air. As they watched the animal trainer Cog Springglaze ran into view with his arms and legs aflame. As the burning Dwarf reached the wall he collapsed.

Legolord was barely able to restrain Igorina as she tried to rush to Cog's aid. Nobody could stop Jillian as she emerged from the Hall. She rushed toward Cog's body and started dragging him to the nearest bed...in Mansionbrimmed Manor.

Moments later Jillian reappeared and plunged her hands into the nearest pool. "Cog's dead!" she shouted up at the other Dwarves. "He's still smoldering though so we should probably wait to entomb him."

A few minutes later the farmer appeared on the walls. "He was carrying this." she said as she placed an idol of a Dwarf on the battlement. "The inscription calls it The Contained Stop..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Flamebanner Dwarf has died to the Flames. Right after he finished his artifact.

Cog is currently smoldering in the center of the Manor.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 30, 2009, 06:42:57 pm »

I really hate Fire  >:(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

10th Opal

Orwen and Rakust sat in Fireheart's office as they went over the damages from the fire that had nearly burnt itself out.

"Our work is sturdy." Orwen said. "None of the walls were damaged in the least."

"Its true that the fire spared the buildings but most everything around them was consumed." Rakust added. "Things like the axles that carried power to the Waterfall. Without the support the pumps inside the Tower collapsed as well."

"It took days to get those pumps aligned properly and now we have to start again." Fireheart said. "Rakust, get your Crafters to work making new pumps and axles and building scaffoling up to the service doors. Orwen, I want your team to work on a design to protect the axles from any future fires."

Nodding the 2 Heads noted down their orders and left the office to gather their teams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
All but 1 of the axles caught fire and the entire pump system collapsed. I'm glad I left the service entrances in the Tower now.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 106