Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131460 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #600 on: July 04, 2009, 12:19:46 am »

Sorry for the lack of an update. Other things got in the way and probably will again. On to the update!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
10th Obsidian

Hexed's mind was racing as he oiled the gears of his catapults. No enemies ever came from the direction that the catapults faced so he had never gotten to crush any Goblins with a boulder.

He was so deep into his thoughts that he never noticed his own spirit being pushed aside as another entered his body...
Several Days Later
Hexed stood in the middle of the Crafts Workshop with a confused look on his face. He didn't remember leaving the battlements and he certainly didn't remember making the crown that sat on the table before him.

It seemed a rather plain thing, made out of shale and with a few green bands around it that were probably green glass. Upon visiting Newb he discovered that his cccreation was worth only 4000. The name Ikalmosos, The Healing Tragedies seemed perfect for the artifact.

12th Granite

Newb gestured impatiently to a couple of Haulers leaning against the Depot as the recently arrived Elves looked at all the stone surrounding them with disgust. Pointing to the pile of goods she had gotten she said. "Get this stuff down to the Kitchens and let Skid know she has fresh supplies to mess with." And make sure Cog gets that Bear settled in the Breeding Center." She added as the Dwarves started rolling barrels through the gates.

17th Granite

Fireheart stood with several other Dwarves on the walls as they waited for Speardwarf's patrol to return. They all froze as the sound of Wok's trumpet echoed off the walls and the Warrior's patrol raced through the gates. "The Undead are back." He said as Fireheart came down the stairs. With a smile he added. "But they're being led by a Guard. Ngam Twinklepolish."

"I'm afraid you're mistaken my friend." All eyes fell on Speardwarf as he passed under the gates with Hawkfrost and Arzez. "They've split their forces in half. That Guard is meant as a distraction."

"Totas Praiscover leads this assault." Many of the Dwarves knew the name. Totas was a Swordmaster who had led numerous raids on the more distant outposts. The current rumors were that he had been made the Local Leader of the Strokes of Worry.

"How many are we going to face?" Fireheart asked as he looked at the patrol leaders. "Ngam only appears to have 2 Wrestlers and 2 Hammermen." Wok reported. "Totas has at least 2 Swordsmen, 3 Lashers and 4 Wrestlers. There aare probbly more that we haven't seen yet though." Speardwarf added.

"Speardwarf, take some Warriors and destroy Ngam's squad while we get the civilians inside." Fireheart commanded. "We'll wait for Totas to come out of the hills and meet his forces in the woods. That will be your squad's job Wok." The Warriors nodded and Speardwarf ran for the gate, collecting his squad as he went.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are Local Leaders any tougher then normal Weaponmasters?

Next update I'll probably put up our current wealth and anything else I find intereting. I think we're between 4 and 5 million wealth right now.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 04, 2009, 03:47:00 am »

Cool! I mooded. Wait, it was a posession which resulted in a useless artifact? Damn.
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 07, 2009, 02:18:57 pm »

...OK, I definetly gave the Undead to big of a boost. The update will be delayed while I try to rework their stats so that they don't kill everyone I send at them.

I tried to play out the battle a moment ago and within the first minute or so Speardwarf and Hawkfrost were dead and the 2 Apprentices were swarmed by injured Undead and killed.

This is NOT what has been recored to History. This was a test that failed miserably.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 07, 2009, 02:36:55 pm »

phew.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 11, 2009, 09:15:14 pm »

I was apparently a tad off with the number of soldiers Twinklepolish had. First look showed only 4 but 16 were killed including Twinklepolish

Report will be up tonight

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 12, 2009, 02:45:12 am »

17th Granite

Speardwarf ducked as the two Hammermen swung their weapons. Coming up he struck with his spear and sliced through the elbow of one of the hammers. Nearby Arzez and Tamunshin fought a pair of Wrestlers side by side, ducking and weaving to avoid the skeletal fists aimed at them.

The young Apprentices were so occupied with the Wrestlers that they didn't see the reinforcements coming over the hill toward them. Tamunshin cried out as a hammer smashed into his leg, snapping the bone and bringing him to his knees.

Arzez leapt at the new invaders and was rewarded with a blow to the chest that left him barely concious next to Tamunshin. As the grinning skeleton brought his weapon down it fell to the side along with his arms. With another swipe the creatures skull seperated and the remaining body fell to the ground.

Seeing Wok appear with swords in hand brought relief to the injured Apprentices. Rising unsteadily to his feet Arzez helped Tamunshin across the brook to the bridge where he could rest until help arrived.

Speardwarf meanwhile had disarmed several Undead. His spear proved less useful against creatures that didn't have anything to pierce. The arrival of Wok had boosted his spirits and he lashed out at the Wrestlers surrounding him. A number of Undead fell with holes in their skulls as Speardwarf's spear broke through the ancient bone.

Ngam backed toward the trees, drawing his scimitar as the Dwarf with the flashing swords stalked towards him slicing apart any skeleton who got close enough. He brought his sword up to block the first blade but the second removed his sword arm, leaving him helpless to the second attack which ended his existence.
Wok and Speardwarf got all the kills this time. Wok got 11 including Ngam and Speardwarf got 5. Arzez and Tamunshin were wounded but should be just fine.

My inspiration kind of fizzled towards the end. Undead are a bit tougher to write for since they're just bones. I may have to make some Changes here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 12, 2009, 09:04:20 am »

Speardwarf kicks face!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 18, 2009, 06:08:57 pm »

Hexed, I just checked your relationships and you have an interesting Lover.

Had more enemies around then I thought but the battle is done. We have 1 Warrior injured rather badly but the Undead were injured worse  ;D

I'm aiming to have the report up later tonight. Sir Nil currently leads the kill counter by a good bit.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2009, 01:26:36 am »

18th Granite

As Sir Nil and Bob prepared to attack Totas and his men Iton ran down from the wall carrying Nil's spyglass.

"Another group is coming in from the Northeast." Iton said as he halted beside Nil. "I counted 16 soldiers bearing a standard I didn't recognize."

"We'll take them out first then." Nil said. "Reload and catch up with us at the Tower." Turning he and Bob ran off while Iton hurried to the Barracks to reload his quiver.
Sir Nil trained his spyglass on the mysterious standard. "Its Nuc Esteemsaves." He whispered to Bob and Iton after a moment. "Totas is good. Hes hoping to confuse us by coming at us from 3 different directions. We'll take out Nuc and then go find Totas."

At a signal from Nil, Iton rose to his feet and fired several bolts into the crowd of bony invaders. As iron tore threw bone Nil and Bob charged, smashing Wrestlers and Swordsmen with hammer and mace and leaving a path of broken bones in their wake.

Nuc was driven into the brush and his body smashed as he tried to free himself.
Totas peered down the mountain toward his goal and grinned as his Guards gave up their lives to exhaust the fortress defenders. As he sensed the destruction of Nuc he ordered his soldiers forward, along the hillier territory instead of across the forest.
Sir Nil and his Warriors watched from the trees until Totas's men turned away before launching their attack on the Swordmaster. Sir Nil and Bob made straight for the higher level where Totas and several of his Lashers waited.

Iton loosed bolts with what would have been great accuracy if he were shooting at Goblins. As it was most of his shots passed between bones. Reaching into his quiver for another bolt he encountered nothing but air.

Remembering his training he drew a dagger from his belt and leapt at the Lashers and Wrestlers before him. He was not fighting long before a Wrestler grabbed him and tossed him further into the invaders. As he rose to his feet a lash whipped around his left hand and pulled. Iton let out a scream as he felt the bone snap and dropped his dagger.

Aiming to knock the head off of another Lasher he didn't notice the Swordsman until his weapon sunk into Iton's chest. Iton gasped for breath as blood soaked his shirt. Struggling for breath he was an easy target to the Wrestler that sent him flying over the fighting to land in the dust a level below.

Shakily rising to his feet he took off toward the fortress as fast as he could. Lucky for him the Undead were more concerned with the loss of their leader then in pursuing the wounded Marksdwarf.
Totas parried a hammerstrike with his sword and slashed at his attacker's torso but the armor softened the blow. Ducking under a swung mace he kicked the Macedwarf in the stomach and sent him staggering back.

He brought his sword around only to be clash against the Hammerdwarf's shield. rolling out of the way of another hammerblow he was caught in the side by the Macedwarf's weapon. He turned to face the Macedwarf as bits of cracked bone fell from his body. The distraction proved fatal as the Hammerdwarf knocked his helmet off smashed his skull to dust.
Kneeling to pick up Totas helmet Sir Nil turned to Bob. "I think I saw Iton flying a few minutes ago. Collect any trophies you want and lets go see if hes alright."
The 2 Warriors met up with Iton as Legolord and Hexed carried him into the Barracks where Mothwing waited.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Between the 2 battles Nil got 20 kills including Nuc and Totas bring him to 67.
Bob got 11 kills to reach 38 total
Sir Nil is currently leading the kill board by 15 kills with Wok in second with 52

Iton now has a broken hand, moderately wounded upper body and mangled lung. Not sure if he'll survive or not yet.

The current wealth of Flamebanner is 4,200,930
The current population is 66 with 19 children
we have 14500 units of food and drink of which 5031 are various types of booze.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2009, 01:53:03 am »

Lover? wut?  ??? What's her profession?
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2009, 01:58:57 am »

Dungeon Master

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 30, 2009, 02:11:47 am »

20th Granite

Zaneg stood next to Orwen and Sarek, the newly promoted Head of Metalworking as the final step in the testing of the Waterfall Tower were carried out.

Many idle Dwarves were clustered around the entrance to the still unfinished Hall of Heroes while Fireheart dug the access channel. Moments later he rejoined the little group and placed his pick back into its convenient holder.

As the sound of water moving became louder the gathering grew quiet and jostled to get the best view of the Falls.

As water began to spill over the edges of the double falls the Dwarves cheered and clapped and celebrated as the first waves of refreshing mist hit them.

The water had gotten settled though and a loud roar rose as the water thundered over the falls and onto the heads of assembled Dwarves. The splashing sheets of water grew and sent Dwarves slipping half blind to the ground.

Then the drainage pits opened.

Those Dwarves that had yet to escape the cascading water were swept off their feet as the water ran down into the pits. As the first Dwarves were swept to the edge of the pits and vanished over the edge the Design Team was shaken out of their shock.

"Shut it down!" Orwen yelled as Dwarves began running to the safety of the gates. Barely hearing her above the noise of the water Fireheart left Sarek's side and sped back toward the rapidly rotating axles and gears that powered the Tower.

Hexed and Akhier were already there when he arrived, fumbling with the gears as they tried to unhook the axle connections. Shoving them both aside Fireheart brought his pick down on the delicate machinery, smashing it to pieces.

As the now powerless axles came to a halt Fireheart hurried back toward the drainage pits where Skid and a few others were being pulled back over the edge onto semi-dry but solid ground.

"Speardwarf!" Fireheart shouted as he spotted the young Warrior in the crowd. "Take a couple Dwarves down and bring those that fell in the pits back up here. "The Warrior ran off, stopping to collect Barbarossa and Tirist.
This was actually a combination of 2 unsuccessful tests. Both times we lost Dwarves to the fall into the pits. 1st time it was Legolord and Bob and the second time Sir Nil. Both times we had 2 or 3 injured from the fall.

Due to the fact that 1. The loss of any of the key Dwarves would make my writing worse then it already is. I have since reworked both the drainage and output systems for the Falls so next test should be perfect.

We had an Artifact Amulet created by a Planter: Cindershrivel the Branded Queen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I created a (rather poorly done) mural on the 3rd floor of the Hall. "The Sword and Hammer of Flamebanner."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thoughts? Feedback? Anything?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 30, 2009, 02:12:55 am »

A Blackbear stole some of our alcohol! I guess we'll have a drunk bear running around now.  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 30, 2009, 01:07:41 pm »

Can dwarves actually pull eachother out of water?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 30, 2009, 01:26:23 pm »

Beats me, but it wouldn't be the first thing I've written here that isn't actually possible.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106