Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131458 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #585 on: June 22, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »

16th Limestone

Kornash was laid to rest at dawn. His tomb was quite empty as he was going to be moved to the Warrior Tombs soon.
Soon after the gates were closed and every member of the fortress came together in the Great Hall. Fireheart stepped up and began to speak.

"Kornash's death is a great blow to this fortress. He was a Warrior and one of the 7 who founded this fortress. He knew that his responsibilities might be the death of him but his family has become one of the greatest fighting force in the fortress."

"Moving on, we have 2 new Apprentices who need assigning." He gestured to the Warriors he had chosen to come forward. "Hawkfrost, you're a veteran Warrior and have shown great skill. You will mentor Legolord's son Tamunshin Giltbulwark."

"Speardwarf, you have proven that you have your father's skill in battle. Pass that skill on to Orwen's daughter Arzez Swordmartyrs."

As the new Apprentices went to stand beside their mentors the crowd erupted with cheering.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short update but I wanted to focus on the new Apprentices without anything else getting in the way.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:34:42 am by thunderclan »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 23, 2009, 08:22:53 am »

Can Kornash be buried beneath the future 'family mansion'?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 23, 2009, 11:06:05 am »

I guess I could do that. Would take several years though as the project hasn't even been started yet.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 25, 2009, 01:35:47 am »

New update coming tomorrow. Apparently this was the Birth Update, I think we got like 6 births before I stopped for the night.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 25, 2009, 03:43:26 pm »

Smaller update then I planned but apparently the Goblins decided they weren't going to just DIE anymore so we're having a few problems with them.  :-[
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
20th Sandstone

Tirist Atticfeasts sat staring into his ale mug. The boredom of having nothing to weave was starting to get to him. He knew he could create beautiful clothes for everyone but everyone seemed to prefer to walk around in tattered rags that could hardly be called clothes at all.

Draining his mug Tirist stood and left the Hall. He knew he had to create something before he went crazy. Upon reaching the workshop level he pushed open the door to the main stockpile and vanished inside.

Moments later he reappeared with a bin full of materials in his hands and proceeded along the passageway to his shop, stopping only to pick up 1 last thing from the woodpile.

After blocking the doorway with a large shelf he set to work. As he worked the cloth and leather and chiseled beautifully detailed images into the Fire Agates Tirist could feel all of his pent up skill flowing out of him.

22nd Sandstone

Tirist burst into Fireheart's office to find that he had interuppted a meeting. As Newb, Barbarossa and Sir Nil turned in their seats to look at him Tirist pulled the hood from his head and tossed it to Newb whose eyes widened as she saw what the jobless Weaver had created.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Its a beautiful piece of work." Newb said as she passed it around to the others. "What do you call it?"

"Okang Uzan." Tirist replied. "The Yor of Allegiance."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And its valued at 79600 bucks.  :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 25, 2009, 03:52:18 pm »

I've gotten tired of trying to work all the birthes in among the bigger events so I'm going to try a new way of keeping track of them. Let me know if you like it or not.
From Mothwing's Journals

Birth Report

I have taken it upon myself to keep a record of all the new Dwarves being born to the various families that have sprung up here in Flamebanner.

28th Sandstone: Newb gave birth to a girl. Named Minkot Bellsflash

6th Timber: Reg Wallfield gives birth to a boy. Named Ustuth Townbrush

23rd Timber: Edem Wipesling gave birth to a boy. Named Dobar Rackside

1st Moonstone: A double birth today. First Igorina gave birth to the boy Litast Bluemirrors and soon after Iden Nourishtower gave birth to a boy she named Kogan Relicreigned.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 27, 2009, 02:26:44 pm »

I'm working on the next battle report now. I will say this: Our 2 newest recruits had an interesting time of it.

EDIT: And Speardwarf lost his spear AGAIN.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 27, 2009, 03:24:03 pm »

18th Moonstone

Xek gestured wildly to his fellow Goblins as he drew his sword. As the order for silence went down the line Xek gestured again and stepped out into the open. Keeping low to the ground the Wrestlers darted ahead toward the golden structure ahead of them.

The Goblins were so busy watching for Dwarves that they failed to notice the gold chain that vanished into the shadows of the wall. Stopping to watch the main gates the Wrestlers were the perfect target for the Wolf that stepped out of the shadows and began padding silently toward the unwary Goblins.
Xek and the rest of the ambush party arrived in time to see a flash of grey before one of the Wrestlers screamed and dropped to the ground. Happily chewing on the Goblin's leg was a Wolf and as they watched a second beast came to stand beside its packmate.

Knowing that someone would have heard the scream Xek and his men attacked, quickly slaughtering their canine foes. As Xek wiped the blood from his blade the party heard shouts and knew that they had lost the element of surprise. Signaling to his men to retreat he didn't notice the flying spear until it tore his throat out.
Speardwarf grinned as he saw the Swordgob fall with his spear embedded in its neck. Pulling a dagger from its sheath he joined the rest of the Warriors that charged the invaders. He was completely amazed at his Apprentice's skill.

Even with no real training and no equipment the young Dwarf managed to take down 3 Goblins while Tamunshin took down the final 2 as they fled.

The victory celebrations stopped as Sir Nil came up to them with Wok. "This was a full squad but there are bound to be more approaching. Wok's squad will patrol the sand pit area. The Apprentices will remain at the gates while my squad proceeds to the bridge." As Speardwarf ran off to join Wok and Vabok he realized he'd neglected to pick up his spear. There was no time to go back now...
Second part up soon. Along with an updated kill count.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 27, 2009, 04:53:26 pm »

I am completely amazed at our 2 Apprentices  :o
18th Moonstone Continued

Sir Nil had been right about more invaders approaching. Almost as soon as his squad was situated on the bridge they uncovered a group of Wrestlers coming down the road. Drawing their weapons they engaged and quickly began to lose ground.

Seeing that the Warrors were getting beaten back Arzez and Tamunshin ran in to help at the same time as a Hammergob joined the fight with a Wrestler and 3 Speargobs.

Pushing past the Warriors the 2 Apprentices rushed the lowered Goblin spears and jumped over them, crashing into the surprised creatures. As Goblins and bits of Goblin flew over the bridge into the brook the Warriors caught brief glimpses of the Apprentices, covered in blood and tearing apart the invaders with ease.

When the final Goblin had been slain the Apprentices ran back toward the gate, stopping long enough to nod to their Deputy as they went.
All but 1 of the kills in todays battle went to the 2 new guys.

The kill count stands at this:

Wok: 41
Nil: 47
Hawkfrost: 19
Vabok: 20
Kornash: 24
Speardwarf: 25
Iton: 7
Bob: 27
Arzez: 9
Tamunshin: 7

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 27, 2009, 09:48:46 pm »

I've finally surpassed by father!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 27, 2009, 10:07:16 pm »

Only because hes dead.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 27, 2009, 11:02:39 pm »

shush, you!

Anyways, I'm surprised Speardwarf is doing so well. Aside from Barbarossa, he's the longest lasting character I've ever had, and the most kick-ass.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2009, 12:37:17 am »

He can't seem to hold on to that spear of his for anything though. 

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2009, 01:41:47 pm »

I'm starting to feel worthless. Nil stole my goblin-magnet so now he's getting all the kills!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2009, 02:57:16 pm »

I think with the number of enemies that want to see us dead you won't be worrying about kills much.

In case you forgot we have already taken out 2 sieges. And they'll only get bigger and tougher. Even if I have to toughen them myself.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 106