Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131452 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #570 on: June 13, 2009, 06:12:46 pm »

No report today as nothing very notable has happened. This will be a listing of what has happened recently:

Jillian gave birth to a boy she named Shorast Fedfortress.

The Human Caravan arrived and we traded Goblin junk for bars, booze and food. Newb requested more of the same for next year.

And finally Newb was reelected as Mayor of Flamebanner.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 17, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »

yay for newb!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 17, 2009, 02:47:55 pm »

What could be a major report will be coming up later today. I will only say that someones Dwarf has died.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 17, 2009, 04:36:00 pm »

I'm betting on myself.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 17, 2009, 05:27:03 pm »

I'm betting on myself.
Me.  I'm not military, but when has that ever saved a dwarf?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 17, 2009, 06:21:10 pm »

20th Malachite

The Masons and Metalworkers gathered around as Orwen and Sarek revealed the plans for the mural they had designed for the Hall with Hawkfrost's help.

Code: [Select]
______       _________
|_____ \ ____/________/
|     \ |____|       /
|      \|    |      /
|    |  |    | |    \
|____|_ |    | |_____\
|____|_\|    |/|______\
       \|____|/     
        |____|

After marking out the different areas of the mural the Metalworkers set to work placing gold bars along the edges while the Masons brought in slabs of felsite for the center pieces.

15th Limestone

Kornash and Speardwarf stood on the wall and watched the bleached bones of Undead warriors appear in the distance. "Keep an eye on them." Kornash said as he started down the stairs to the ground. "I'll go notify Wok and Sir Nil."

Moments later he returned with a scowl on his face. "They're asleep. I couldn't even hear myself think over the snoring. Guess its up to us to hold them off."
Stopping above the chasm the 2 Warriors had a perfect view of the enemy. "2 squads." Speardwarf observed. "The higher squad appears to be mostly Wrestlers with a few hammers as back up and a Macelord. The second group is swords with some Wrestlers and an Axelord."

Grinning at the thought of a big battle Kornash led the way as they climbed higher into the hills.
The Undead barely knew what was happening as Speardwarf and Kornash leapt into battle, tearing apart the corpses in seconds. The Macelord had hardly raised his weapon before he was airborn. As he fell back to earth he saw the Dwarves shatter the last of his squad before he impacted the ground and blew apart.
After taking a moment to catch their breath the Warriors took off toward the trail that would lead them around the chasm and to their next fight...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:44 pm »

15th Limestone Continued

Lakescorches paused as his forces looked out over the territory they would soon capture for their master. He could feel that the strength of his forces had diminished. That could only mean that idiot Macelord was dead.

As he gave a silent order to his troops to prepare to fight he could see the light glinting off the armor of what must be the defenders of this land...
Kornash quickly drew his sword as Wrestlers charged them. Several made the mistake of charging straight up Speardwarf's spear and getting their heads knocked off by his fist. As Kornash shoved his blade through another Wrestler's skull he spotted the Axelord and quickly ran up to do battle with him.

His first swing glanced off the Skeleton's iron armor and he was forced to duck as the axe swung toward him. He swung his sword several more times and finally manged to get around the creature's shield arm and lop off the hand that held the shield.

Seeing the axe swinging toward his head again he ducked only to pain shoot through his body as the axe ripped a huge hole in his armor and a hole in his lower body. As his blood covered the ground the Axelord knocked his legs from under him, sending the Warrior rolling down the hill.

Seeing his father injured sent pure fury flowing through Speardwarf. As Kornash struggled to his feet and began to stagger back the way they came he shattered the Swordsman he was fighting and turned to face the Axelord.

Digging his spearhead into the ground and leaping into the air he smashed several ribs and both legs from the Skeleton. Pulling the spear from the ground he slashed up, shattering several more bones before impaling the grinning skull on his spear. As the dark magic fled from the broken body Speardwarf remembered his father.

He found Kornash's limp form several yards away, eyes staring sightlessly into the sky. Sheathing his spear he took up the dead Warrior's body and started back toward safety.
As Speardwarf passed through the shadows of the gatehouse he could see the civilians preparing to head out on their various jobs. It was Skid that saw the returning Warriors first. As she pushed her way over to him she saw the look of sadness on his face.

It was then that she recognized the thing in his arms as her husband. Letting out a mournful cry that attracted the attention of both Wok and Fireheart she helped Speardwarf lower Kornash to the ground.

Turning to face the crowd he pulled the skull off his spear and tossed it to Fireheart. "He died in battle. They were stronger this time." With that he turned and walked into the fortress.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Kornash is dead. He is father to 7 children though, including 2 Warriors (maybe more). For the moment he is resting in the main tombs. Once the Hall is completed he will be moved to his proper tomb. He had 24 notable kills when he died.

Speardwarf has a full title now. Speardwarf Dwelledcloister the Plain Door of Knives.

Also the Banner of Flamebanner is finished.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 17, 2009, 08:41:50 pm »

MY FAAAAAAAATHER!!!!
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well, I lived. And kicked ass! (punched face!)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 17, 2009, 08:44:56 pm »

Once again, my paranoia proves to be incorrect.  Say, how good a glass maker am I at this point?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 17, 2009, 09:51:42 pm »

You're currently a High Master Glassmaker. Also Great in all the conversation skills

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 17, 2009, 09:53:11 pm »

Wow. These undead seem hardcore.
They started to collide~

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 20, 2009, 06:20:51 pm »

Awww, first my internet, now my dwarf. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 20, 2009, 07:50:14 pm »

Feel free to claim another Dwarf. I think we've got plenty to spare.  ;D

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 21, 2009, 07:30:43 am »

Eh, may as well.

Lets see shall we?

Ill grab myself another military since K was so useless. Although this time I might take a crossbowdwarf. Male, please, and called Tamunshin.

Hopefully this dwarf will make more of an impact on the battlefield and spend more time training and less time procreating.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 21, 2009, 05:48:24 pm »

I'll see to it Tamunshin is added in the next update.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 106