Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131450 times)

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #555 on: June 04, 2009, 01:00:00 am »

Huh? You were gone?

Just kidding, hope you had fun.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 04, 2009, 12:59:07 pm »

I'm back from my adventures. Give me a day or 2 to recover my gaming senses and I'll resume updates.
Yay.  More adventures of the Fortress of giant families.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 07, 2009, 10:59:42 pm »

BOMP!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 08, 2009, 01:17:21 am »

The fortress will resume tomorrow now that I have all the other things that piled up out of the way  ;D ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 08, 2009, 05:40:41 pm »

14th Slate

The fortress rejoiced over the news of the wedding of Apprentice Carpenter Kubuk Metsteel and Peasant Morul Tradedbank as well as the news of Skid's newest child, a girl she named Libash Spatteredcloister.

22nd Felsite

Planter Lolor Budkeys dropped the seed bag he was carrying and took off toward the workshops. As he entered the unused shop a list appeared in his mind and he set off in search of the materials he needed.

Later, after gathering a Silver Galex log, cut Kunzite, Basalt black, Native Silver block and Turtle Shell he set to work with hammer and saw.

25th Felsite

Lolor reappeared from his workshop holding a beautiful wooden ring in his hands. light glinted off the bands of Kunzite and Silver. When Jillian asked what he called his creation he replied. "Litez Matul. The Sorcerers of Dancing." A quick appraisal from Newb valued the ring at 88800 bucks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1st Hematite

Orwen smiled as she glanced from her blueprints to the structure that swarmed with Dwarves. The Masons put walls up along the flow channels while Sarek directed the Metalworkers in raising a pair of Iron Statues to the edge of the channel. Several levels below Fireheart broke away Shale as he dug out the second reservoir.

With the statues of the Dwarven War God Eges placed, Sarek ordered his men out of the way so Barbarossa and Korgan could wall up the gap in the flow wall.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress) Danger on the Horizon
« Reply #560 on: June 09, 2009, 08:23:19 pm »

Looks like things just got more dangerous in Flamebanner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
10th Hematite

After another day of hauling stones and taking down scaffolding from the outer walls the citizens of Flamebanner were happy to have a party to attend, the celebration of the marriage of Zaneg Racktwigs the Weaponsmith and Lolor Budkeys the Woodcrafter.

13th Hematite

Fireheart was on his way to the Dining Hall for breakfast when the clanking of metal on stone made him turn as Hawkfrost and Iton appeared supporting a Dwarf between them. As he took in the Dwarf's tattered uniform and the terrified look in his eyes he went on instant alert. Clearly this Dwarf did not bring good news.

Setting the Dwarf down gently against the wall Hawkfrost turned to Fireheart. "We found him in the Northren part of the territory, near the chasm. We're not sure yet if it was Goblins or some creature of the chasm that did this to him but we're hoping he'll be able to tell us soon."

"Iton, go and get a barrel of the strongest booze we have and bring it back here. And find Mothwing to!" He added as the young Warrior darted off...

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 10, 2009, 12:24:22 am »

Danger? In Flamebanner? I never knew that happened anymore.
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 10, 2009, 12:56:18 am »

Apparently it does Hexed. We are now under Siege by the Undead.

Hopefully I didn't screw up the update to much. Wasn't expecting to be sieged yet so I had to combine that with the messenger bit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13th Hematite

Mothwing did all she could but the Dwarf's injuries were horribly infected and her skills could do nothing but ease the pain in his final moments.
As Fireheart finished reading the letter the Dwarf had been bringing to him he called Sir Nil and Wok into his office.

"The news is not good. All of our mines and outposts in the mountains have been found devoid of life, no signs of battle or resistance. Only banners with the same design we've seen around here."

As he started to continue he was interuppted by the sound of the alarm bell ringing. With the Squad Leaders on his heels Fireheart flew up the stairs to the gatehouse where Speardwarf and Vabok pounded on the bells. Kornash saw them arrive and rushed over.

"We're being invaded!" He shouted above the bells. "Coming in from the North."

The 4 of them mounted the stairs to the battlements where Nil produced a spyglass and peered through it:

On the other side of the chasm he could see the enemy. bleached bones and grinning skulls marking them as Undead. He saw a few pikes but most of the skeletons appeared unarmed. They wore tattered and rusted armor and he could see the banner they carried.

"The Strokes of Worry." He said as he handed the spyglass to Wok. "We're being sieged by the Undead soldiers from The Strokes of Worry. We may have an equal now, an enemy we can't simply stab or strangle." He paused to run a hand over his hammer. "Crushing them should prove quite effective though."

"Get the civilians inside and muster the rest of the Warriors! We are at War!" Nil shouted down to Vabok and Speardwarf who were now helping the civilians through the gates.

Barbarossa stopped at Fireheart's side and flipped open a journal. Pulling a pen from his pocket he took down the date and the name of the War they were now involved in. As he walked inside Barbarossa looked down at what his Leader had written:

13th Hematite
The Ash of Bandits begins with The Mystery of Harvesters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 10, 2009, 07:57:05 am »

ooooooh, undead!  ;D

This should make it difficult.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 10, 2009, 08:31:44 am »

Holy carp!  Undead warriors!  And undead animals were bad enough . . .
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 11, 2009, 01:45:23 pm »

Bwahahaha undead, this should be fun for the army, especially those of us who like to smash things  :P.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 11, 2009, 06:36:16 pm »

That was...less then impressive. I'm definetly going to have to buff these guys up a bit. Annoying Martial Trance.

I don't think I've ever seen 18 invaders slaughtered in less then a minute.

Battle Slaughter Report up soon.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 11, 2009, 07:52:03 pm »

13th Hematite

As the final civilians hurried inside the walls Sir Nil led a patrol made up of Hawkfrost, Iton and Bob toward the chasm to face the undead threat. Wok and the remaining Warriors took up positions around the gatehouse.

As Nil's patrol broke the trees they could see the Undead marching past the bottom of the slope. Letting loose a war cry Nil leapt down the slope with hammer drawn. As he fell toward the ground the haze of a trance overcame his vision and strength surged through him.

He brought his hammer down in an arc as he landed, shattering the arms from the Wrestler who tried to grab him before smashing its skull to dust.
As the remaining invaders closed around him the other Warriors charged into battle.

Iton proved his markmanship by sending bolts flying into the empty sockets of the undead's skulls before detonating them. Half the force fell before the explosive attacks.

Bob was laughing as he shattered several skeletons to dust with a single swing. Nearby, Hawkfrost was having a hard time finding an enemy to fight that wasn't blown apart by Iton's bolts.

As the bone dust settled and the Warriors sheathed their weapons Nil's trance left him and he staggered slightly from the sudden loss of strength. Smiling as he surveyed the bone littered battlefield he directed his patrol back to the Fortress for a celebratory barrel of rum.

As the alcohol flowed in the Dining Hall that night Fireheart announced that due to his valor and skill in battle against the Undead Iton had been granted a title. He would now be known as Iton Brainarrows The Moist Decency of Knights.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iton took the field today with 7 kills, Nil and Bob took 5 each while Hawkfrost scored 1 kill

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 11, 2009, 08:32:41 pm »

And naturally Kornash was nowhere to be seen >_>.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 11, 2009, 09:55:34 pm »

Naturally speardwarf was too busy training!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 106