Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131446 times)

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2009, 04:49:26 am »

Kornash is the one I'm worried about. Every single square he was dragged through has a POOL of blood on it. Thats over 100 squares, I'm thinking his chances are slim but they are there.
God... Fricking... DAAAAAAAAAAMNIT.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2009, 07:51:11 am »

We need more warriors to combat this menace! ZERG RUSH!!! KEKEKEKEKE!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 07, 2009, 04:35:25 pm »

14th Granite: Final Part

As Wok and Speardwarf were carried to safety by civilians Sir Nil ran past with Hawkfrost and Iton. As the Warriors rounded the corner of the wall they saw several Hammergoblins beating one of the Elven merchants while his camel stood to the side watching.

Iton launched a number of bolts that turned one Goblin into a pincushion and pinned several others to the ground as they tried to run. Hawkfrost and Sir Nil finished them off quickly and stepped aside to allow the civilians to loot the dead elf's camel.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 09, 2009, 11:26:30 pm »

[size=8]ATTENTION[/size]

There will be another update sometime during the coming week. After that I will be unable to play for close to 3 weeks.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 10, 2009, 12:00:01 am »

okay... good luck on your mission, agent thunderclan!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 10, 2009, 02:10:43 am »

Please for the love of god don't leave me hanging regarding Kornash's fate. I think I would murder soemone if you did.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 10, 2009, 12:12:17 pm »

Thats the main reason I'm doing 1 more update, to learn the fate of all our wounded Warriors.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 13, 2009, 07:41:49 pm »

A few unexpected events this time should make the future interesting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
15th Granite

In the aftermath of the battle Fireheart sent several Dwarves to aid Mothwing in the temporary hospital. These assistants constantly rushed through the halls with buckets of water and rolls of cloth to be turned into bandages while Mothwing used every bit of her knowledge to try and save the injured Warriors.

18th Granite

Mothwing's Medical Report

Patient: Wok
Notes: Leg healing quickly. Will hold him for a few more days before releasing back to duty.

Patient: Speardwarf
Notes: Injuries healed. Released back to family. Recommended more rest before returning to duty.

Patient: Kornash
Notes: Leg mangled but healing well. Regained counciousness long enough to take water and wolf roast.
Chance of Recovery: High

1st Slate

Seeing the crowd gathered near the Tower Fireheart summoned Hawkfrost and Iton to his side before pushing his way through to where Orwen was trying to comfort her daughter Reg.

"Orwen, what happened here?" Fireheart asked. "A Goblin." Orwen answered. "The foul creature attacked Reg and took my granddaughter Iden. Nil tried to catch him but lost the trail at the chasm."

"Hawkfrost." Fireheart said as he turned toward the Warrior. "I want a patrol of the entire Northren territory before dark. I doubt you'll find Iden or her kidnapper but we can at least make sure no more Goblins are lurking in the area." With a nod Hawkfrost ran off toward the North with Iton and Bob following.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first Dwarf to be lost to Snatchers. By the time I saved Wok and Speardwarf were already back on duty and Kornash's leg was only grey. I think they are all going to recover and fight again.

Short update coming as soon as I figure out how I want the momentous occasion to be written.  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 13, 2009, 07:55:07 pm »

The air is charged with tension!

it explodes in gore!

((wait... what?))

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 13, 2009, 09:32:30 pm »

5th Slate

Zasit paused to straighten her cloak as she reached the top of a hill that looked down into the hilly territory. Even at this distance her keen eyes could see Dwarven bodies swarming over some sort of building that rose toward the sky. Grinning at the thought of finally getting out of the sun she started walking once more.
Barbarossa sat with Zaneg and Legolord as they passed around a barrel of Strawberry Wine and watched the Mason's putting together the flow walls. Turning to survey the hills Zaneg noticed a dusty figure heading toward the gates and with a nudge to Barbarossa and Legolord the Dwarves walked over to intercept him.

As they approached Legolord could see that the Dwarf was wearing a fine cloak and hood but no pants. At that moment he knew exactly who the Dwarf was.
"Greetings!" Zasit said as she was approached by 3 Dwarves. "I am Zasit Bridgesold, Tamer of Terrible Beasts and Crafter of Great Metalworks. I am your new Dungeon Master."

"I'm quite tired after my journey from the Mountainhomes. I hear from the Merchants that you have several lavish suites that would suit a Dwarf of my standing perfectly. Kindly take my bags to one of them." At this the 3 Dwarves burst into laughter, several minutes passed before they regained their composure.

"Do you have any idea where you are Zasit?" asked a Dwarf that wore a signet ring of a tower on one finger. "Flamebanner, approved by the Noble Council almost 10 years ago. Now stop wasting my time and do what I've asked before I report you to the Guard Captain." Zasit stated with a glare at the Dwarves who dared laugh at and question her.

Another round of laughter followed as the ring wearing Dwarf spoke again. "You need to go see our Leader Fireheart. He'll set you straight on how things are done here."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first Noble to arrive in Flamebanner or any of my Fortressess. Anyone want to claim her? She won't be killed unless she gets to out of hand. Second part of her introduction to the ways of Flamebanner will arrive later.  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 13, 2009, 11:13:39 pm »

Ah, the second most useful noble!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 14, 2009, 01:44:27 pm »

After getting lost several times and finally having to ask for directions from a passing Dwarf Zasit burst through the door of Fireheart's office. As she approached the desk she saw 4 Dwarves waiting for her. She assumed the Dwarf with the red beard was Fireheart and recognized another as the Dwarf that she had met at the gates.

"Welcome to Flamebanner Zasit." Fireheart said as he motioned her to a chair. "Barbarossa here tells me that you're here to be our Dungeon Master. He also said you requested one of the suites in our Hotel."

With a nod Zasit replied. "Indeed I did. And I need to have a word with your Guard Captain about sending a few Dwarves to the Hammerer for not following the orders of a Noble."

Zasit was so intent on her ranting that she didn't notice that the other Dwarves had backed away from the desk.

"Allow me to set you straight on a few things. First of all we have no Guard Captain. Sir Nil is my Deputy and carries out the duties of a Captain but without any of the pompousness I've seen in the Moutainhomes Captain."
We also do not have a Hammerer and if we did he or she would probably be killed for attacking a Dwarf with a hammer."

"That brings us to your final claim. That as a Noble you are entitled to one of our Hotel Suites. Those Suites are not built for Nobles but for those Dwarves who have done great service to the Fortress and Thunderclan. Our Warriors hold most of the Suites currently."
"Soldiers!" Zasit said her voice rising in disbelief at what she was hearing. "You say that soldiers are more important to the well being of the fortress then me? I am a noble! This place can't run without me!"

The few Dwarves having a drink and a biscuit heard a loud crash of stone on stone from Fireheart's office. A moment later the door opened and Fireheart apeared dragging Zasit by the cloak.

"This fortress has run well for nearly 10 years without you or any of the pompous Nobles screwing things up. I'm going to let you stay for now. You can join Sarek's metalworking team and learn something useful. Do good service to us and you might eventually get that suite you want so badly." Releasing her cloak Fireheart turned and walked back to his office.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you know my views on the Nobles. Hopefully Zasit's love of expensive metals and gems and Dragon Bone won't cause to much trouble once she starts making demands.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 14, 2009, 08:34:29 pm »

I'm shooting for the completion of the Tower and 1 more update tomorrow.

Hopefully this thing will prove workable after the final flow wall is set.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 15, 2009, 03:57:28 pm »

A mural of Armok should be placed on the roof of the tower.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 03, 2009, 11:33:26 pm »

I'm back from my adventures. Give me a day or 2 to recover my gaming senses and I'll resume updates.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 106