Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131448 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #525 on: May 05, 2009, 11:05:46 pm »

14th Granite

Wok was just signaling his patrol to turn back toward the gates when several Goblins walked out of the bushes led by a Swordgob and Pikegob. They looked surprised to see the Dwarven Warriors and Wok used the delay to slice the Swordgob to ribbons while Kornash drove the Wrestlers to their knees before lopping them off.

The Pikegob turned to flee from the bloody scene only to bounce off the breastplate of another Warrior who grinned, lifted her axe and with 1 swing seperated the Goblin's upper body from his lower.

Hawkfrost headed back to the gates while the patrol celebrated the victory. As they cleaned their weapons they saw another Goblin step out of the bushes. "Bow before Xuspgas Tradeblack!" The Goblin hissed as he pulled an axe from its sheath. "8 of your kinds pathetic Warriors have fallen to my blade and today I will add many more beards to my collection."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This guy needed a good intro since I just boosted the Goblin Raws again. Goblins are now Size 30 with 40 Dam Block.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 05, 2009, 11:12:22 pm »

uh... holy crap.

WHO DID HE KILL!?  :o

EDIT:

Bubbles in Memorium

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:14:49 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 05, 2009, 11:57:25 pm »

No one here...Yet anyway.

I'm assuming that if hes suvived long enough to become an Axelord that he must have killed a few things. So I storied it up a bit to give Tradeblack a bit of history like I did with Stophatred.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 06, 2009, 12:45:33 am »

Heh, this is gonna be fun.

Also, do you have a record of how many kills each character has made?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 06, 2009, 02:32:30 am »

Of course

The current count is:

Wok: 41
Nil: 32
Hawkfrost: 16
Vabok: 19
Kornash: 15
Speardwarf: 1
Iton: 1
Bob: 22

Speardwarf and Iton don't have much luck when it comes to getting kills.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 06, 2009, 04:37:18 pm »

Um.  Barbarossa, isn't Bubbles, or at least that Bubbles, from a different story?

Also, size 30 goblins?  How strong were they before?  How did we survive  ???

Wow.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 06, 2009, 05:42:24 pm »

I think I finally found the happy medium between Warriors bulldozing Goblins by blinking and Goblins overrunning the Warriors with sticks and rocks. I was using the unmodded size before just with more Dam block. You survived because you're so skilled.

This battle was quite bloody and led to some great Warriors hanging onto life by a thread. I think Kornash had the worst time of it though.

Also discovered that I hadn't updated Nil's kill record since Stophatred's invasion. The updated kill count puts Nil ahead by 1 with Wok in second.

Report will come later tonight once I have a chance to sort through my notes.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 06, 2009, 05:53:31 pm »

I think Kornash had the worst time of it though.

God... Fricking... DAMNIT.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 06, 2009, 07:50:35 pm »

Um.  Barbarossa, isn't Bubbles, or at least that Bubbles, from a different story?

What? My engraver can't paint a picture of a dead dwarf from Libash Tobat?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 06, 2009, 10:03:35 pm »

I got no problem with it  ;D

Battle Report in progress!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 06, 2009, 10:40:31 pm »

There was alot going on in this battle so bear with me here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

14th Granite: Continued

"Bow before Xuspgas Tradeblack!" The Goblin hissed as he pulled an axe from its sheath. "8 of your kinds pathetic Warriors have fallen to my blade and today I will add many more beards to my collection."

"Is that all?" Wok asked as he and Kornash drew their blades. "Thats hardly worth bragging about." Xuspgas roared in fury and brought his axe down on the closest creature, Wok's pet Donkey who went flying past the Warriors into a tree.

Kornash charged with Wok and Vabok hard on his heels. Grinning Xuspgas brought his axe blade around and into Kornash's left leg. Pulling the axe out he proceeded to chop savagely at the Warrior's leg before smashing him in the head with the axe handle.

As his friend fell to the Goblin's onslaught Wok and Vabok took him by surprise. Wok's sword scratching at the Axelord's armor while Vabok punched him in the face, flattening his nose.

As Vabok was sent flying Wok saw Kornash's son Speardwarf running into view with 2 War Wolves. Leveling his spear the young Warrior charged and managed to sink the spiked spearhead deep into Xuspgas hip before the Goblin's axe smashed into his right leg. The Warrior stumbled to the ground.

Xuspgas ducked as the first Wolf leapt at him, slicing the unfortunate creature in half with a slash of his blade. The second ran in but was sent flying minus a leg.
The Metalsmith Kadol poked her head out of the Hotel's Gatehouse. As she tried to decide if it was safe to run for the main gates she saw Kornash splayed on the ground. With another glance she rushed out and wrapped her fingers around his arm and started pulling him toward the gates.

She shrieked as the Goblin was pushed closer to her and took off into the trees to hide, dragging Kornash along the ground. The bumping brought him around and he started yelling at Kadol to let him go. She obliged and turned back toward the fort.

As he began to wonder if he would be found he saw the Peasant Udib following the pool of blood that had been left. When she saw the Warrior laying in a growing pol of blood she grabbed him and started carrying him back to safety...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had to cut this off. Second part coming now!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 06, 2009, 11:19:00 pm »

14th Granite: Continued Again

Wok cursed as he was driven back agin by Xuspgas axe. Just as he was preparing to charge the Goblin again a strange feeling overcame him, rooting him in position even as he struggled against it. His struggles ceased as he noticed the armor clad Warrior standing in front of him.

Without a word the Warrior approached Wok and seemed to be absorbed into him. Wok could feel fresh strength and power flowing into him even as he regained control of his body.

Dropping his shield to the ground he pulled his second sword and charged Xuspgas with a yell. The Goblin Axelord turned in time to block the first blade but grunted as the second sliced into his arm. Pulling back he brought his own shield up. Wok brought his swords down and slashed through the shield, the halves falling to the ground along with a bit of Goblin skin.

Xuspgas was forced to fall back as the crazed Warriors dual blades sliced through his armor like it was nothing. The hilt of one of the blades caught him in the side of the head. Shaking off the ringing in his helm he brought his axe down hard on Wok's left leg, expecting the Dwarf to fall like the others.

When Wok just brought his blades down on Xuspgas arms, leaving gaping scratches in his skin he knew something was wrong. Fear appeared on his face as he backed away only to be slashed across the throat by the swords. Xuspgas fell back against the wall as he grabbed his throat only to find that the armor has held.

Knowing his plans were falling apart he turned to run. As Wok watched the Goblin heading for the trees he sent his swords flying through the air to impale the Goblin through the back and send him tumbling to the ground. Vabok finished the job with a slice of the throat.
As Wok pulled his swords from Xuspgas body he was overcome again as the strange Warrior stepped out of his body and stood before him again. Raising his own sword in farewell he faded.

As soon as the Warrior vanished Wok fell to the ground as a searing pain swept through his left leg. Dropping his swords he grabbed his leg and found it horribly cut up. Exhaustion and pain overcame him and he fell forward into the grass.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One more fight coming up in todays notes but the main event is over. Comment away  ;D ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 06, 2009, 11:38:08 pm »

Holy crap. Size 30 gobbos can do some DAMAGE. is Speardwarf okay?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 06, 2009, 11:50:30 pm »

Hard to say if any of them are OK at the moment:

Wok's leg is mangled and he is resting in one of the spare bedrooms.

Kornash got a mangled leg and a head injury and is uncouncious next to a bed

Speardwarf got the lightest injury with only a broken leg and by the end of the last bit of the fight he was down to a heavy wound so I think he'll be ok but you never know.

Kornash is the one I'm worried about. Every single square he was dragged through has a POOL of blood on it. Thats over 100 squares, I'm thinking his chances are slim but they are there.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 07, 2009, 01:40:34 am »

(un)Holy carp! Goblins on steroids is serious business.
They started to collide~
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106