Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131414 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2009, 07:12:38 pm »

27th Limestone

A deafening crash of falling rock followed the massive dust cloud that briefly concealed the area around the Hall of Heroes.

Several Dwarves headed into the settling dust to check for injuries. A few feet away from the wall of the Hall they found Korgan splayed out on the ground half buried by rubble.

Mothwing arrived as Wok and Akhier were pulling Korgan's motionless form out of the rocks. She told them to take Korgan to her quarters while she stayed to be sure everyone else was safe.

While Korgan was being freed Orwen and Reg were inspecting the damage to their wall. A large chunk of the wall had fallen but hadn't damaged the rest of the building.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably not one of my better updates but its the first time I've had a cave-in related injury so writing it took a bit of extra work.

I'll report on Korgan's condition once Mothwing is done checking him over.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2009, 08:19:30 pm »

Hawkfrost and Mothwing make themselves scarce, don't they?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2009, 08:24:21 pm »

Especially Mothwing since I have her set to only hauling and healthcare as befits her position. She tends to hang out with the other off-duty Dwarves in the Dining Hall.

Hawkfrost spends most of her time in her suite or on gate duty. And we didn't have any action with our vanishing Dwarf merchants.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2009, 09:41:31 pm »

27th Limestone: Continued

Fireheart stood with several other Dwarves outside Mothwings closed door, awaiting news of Korgan's condition.

After awhile the door opened and Mothwing appeared with Korgan limping along beside her. His leg and lower body were swathed in bandages and another was wrapped over part of his face but he seemed happy enough as he let his family support him down the hallway and out of sight.

"I take it he'll live then?" Fireheart asked. "Yes." Mothwing replied with a nod "The injuries weren't life threatening. He was more injured by the rubble falling on him then by the fall itself. He should recover completely within a few days."
Korgan escaped with only a moderate lower body and right leg injury and light wounds to his left arm and upper body.

In other news 2 Flamebanner families have started a new generation. Sarek's daughter Iden had her first child, a son named Inod Keyentrance while Orwen's daughter Reg had her first, a daughter named Iden Daggerstokes.

Barbarossa was promoted to the title of Master Architect.

A large chamber was dug out and filled with water.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2009, 11:08:33 pm »

Ooh! I'm important!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2009, 11:32:44 pm »

Got that right. You've got your own signet now. Only 4 of us currently have it.

Fireheart: Leader
Newb: Trademaster
Sir Nil: Deputy (Unofficial Guard Captain)
Barbarossa: Master Architect

As we gain more order and such that list will likely grow.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 26, 2009, 12:03:47 am »

is that a good signet?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 26, 2009, 12:08:50 am »

I got no problem with it.  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 26, 2009, 01:51:51 am »

Didn't even notice we hit 500 replies a few hours ago. It makes me happy to know I've been entertaining enough to warrant such a small milestone.

On to 1000!

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 26, 2009, 10:20:35 am »

Hmmm personal signets :D. I made my own as I thought it would be a good idea:

NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 27, 2009, 12:21:17 am »

Flamebanner is on temporary hold while I experiment with the tower.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 29, 2009, 02:39:49 pm »

From the Journal of Fireheart: 16th Opal

Work on the tower continues. Deepening the brook enough to power 4 waterwheels was simple and Akhier has already set the axles and gear assemblies that will carry power to the pumps.

19th Opal

The Planter Edem Wipesling and the Smith's Apprentice Olin Ceilinggraves were married today. Also Newb gave birth to another son who she named Nil Furnacestrikes.

7th Obsidian

Legolord's wife Igorina gave birth to a daughter today. She named the girl Ineth Towerrecluse
Next update will take a while as I still can't grasp the trick to getting the annoying pumps stacked.

Also I had nothing to do with the name of Newb's son though it is kind of interesting to have 2 Nils now. I think the child may be destined for the Metalworking team with a name like Furnacestrikes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 29, 2009, 08:07:27 pm »

I'm now wondering what mysteriacal purpose this tower is for?

OMNOMNOM?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 02, 2009, 06:37:00 pm »

EDIT: OK I lied. The work is going alot faster then I thought it would so I can do an update now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11th Obsidian

Sarek knocked on the door to Newb's office and entered. Upon entering the room he saw Newb paging through a book from the Library. Setting it aside the Trademaster waited to see what Sarek wanted.

Instead of speaking he placed a shiny buckler on her desk. "Kikrost Shipwebs made this a few days ago." he said as the Armorer appeared behind him. Newb leaned forward to inspect the buckler. After a moment it dawned on her why Sarek had brought it to her.

"This is an artifact isn't it Sarek?" she asked. "Yes, Kikrost was possessed by the spirit of a Warrior, one named Chasmshield. I only came to you for an estimate of its value, I need to meet with Fireheart soon. If the spirits of Warriors are possessing our Armorers then it could mean they know something we don't."

After a few more minutes of conversation Sarek and Kikrost left and Newb pulled a book from one of her desk drawers. Flipping to the end she added a new entry:

Chasmshield the Dwindling Mess, Billion Buckler. Value: 202800
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

15th Obsidian

Fireheart watched from the ramparts as several openings were made in the walls of the Tower and blocked with doors. Orwen's daughter Reg had come up with a plan that could finally bring the Tower to completion after so many problems had appeared.

Looking down he could see Akhier and Hexed working on an expansion to the axle assembly. As the 2 Engineers connected the gears and axles up Fireheart turned back as Barbarossa and the recently recovered Korgan carried Granite stones along the scaffolds that covered the Hall and Tower.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I said before I'll have another update by Monday if not before. Enjoy
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:36:53 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 02, 2009, 08:39:18 pm »

I love this artifact. It uses 9 materials which is more then any artifact I've ever had in a fortress and it has a picture of Minotaurs on it. This buckler may go to Bob for that very reason.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 106