Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131410 times)

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #480 on: April 14, 2009, 10:45:42 pm »

True. Ambushes do cause more fun.
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 18, 2009, 10:10:17 pm »

New Update!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
21st Hematite

Skid sighed as she carried a piece of Goblin clothing back toward the fortress. With the food storeroom almost overflowing there was next to no work for her to do aside from hauling junk.

She stopped as a muffled yelp erupted from the bushes ahead of her. As her eyes scanned the area a Goblin came hopping out of the bushes holding his foot. As soon as he saw Skid it pulled a pike out of a holder on his back and leveled it at her.

With a battle-cry the Goblin charged Skid who stood there until there were but a few feet between them before she jumped out of the way. As the Pikegob rushed past Skid pulled out her knives.

Skid turned to face her attacker as he began another charge. This time instead of dodging she ducked underthe swinging pike and knocked the Goblin over her back to land awkwardly on the ground.

She wasted no time in rushing forward and sinking her knives into the Pikegob who squealed as the sharp metal punched through his arm and leg. The pain proved to much for the Goblin's weak strength and he lapsed into uncounciousness as Skid proceeded to cut his throat.

Pausing to wipe Goblin blood off her knives with the Pikegob's sleeve Skid turned to quiet her crying child. She was surprised to see that there were now 2 babies on the ground near her stuff. Picking up both of them she looked at the newest member of her constantly growing family and named him: Lokum Airpaper.
25th Hematite

Fireheart once more stood with Orwen as they watched the other members of Orwen's team carry blocks of granite through the doorway to the Hall of Heroes. He frowned as he noticed that a good deal of time passed between a Mason entering with a block and reappearing to collect the next.

"How far along is the construction Orwen?" Fireheart asked as Reg passed with a block. "The wall is nearly done and the border of the mural is about a quarter of the way." Orwen replied as she looked at her notes. "We could use more hands to lay stone otherwise we might not see this project completed for many years." She added.

Noticing Barbarossa nearby Fireheart waved him over. "Barbarossa, is there anyone without a fulltime job?" He asked. "Let me think a moment..." Barbarossa answered. "After a moment he nodded. "Udib Scouredtombs. Hes been working as a hauler but he could easily be reassigned."

"You can have Udib for your team then Orwen." Fireheart said as he walked off to inform Udib of his new duties.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently there are still a couple of Gremlins alive in the chasm as well since they were just named.

Anyway, work on the mural will be starting shortly, using Hawkfrost's design and whatever materials I can find. Somehow we have only 3 bars of Gold left.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 19, 2009, 08:39:06 am »

Woo! I'm a foreman!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 19, 2009, 11:01:06 am »

I swear that Kornash's family must be destined for some great battle or something. Kornash and Speardwarf are both highly skilled Warriors, Bob destroyed 3 ambushes with no experience and now Skid just singlehandedly killed a Pikegob without taking a scratch.  :o

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 19, 2009, 12:56:33 pm »

Which mural?

And was that a one-man ambush?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 19, 2009, 02:44:56 pm »

I think that Kornash's family should have a personal palace built for them made of all that damn microcline you always get!

Then they can breed and train in solitude, sallying forth to murder people!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 19, 2009, 05:02:22 pm »

Hawkfrost: Your mural, the Banner and yes it was a 1 Goblin ambush. They must be having trouble finding anymore Goblins with a deathwish to send out here.

Barbarossa: Not a bad idea for a future megaproject.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 22, 2009, 07:25:29 pm »

Just a heads up that I'm making a change to the game.

At least 1 or 2 types of stone are going to be given new colors because I'm sick of all the types of gray I have around here and the lack of colorful material.

EDIT: Red Felsite is the newest useful thing we have.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:40:16 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2009, 06:55:47 pm »

1st Galena

Many Dwarves were surprised when Orwen's son Kubuk Metsteel reached maturity and chose to become the Apprentice of Flamebanner's Carpenter, Rakust Salvedabbles. Kubuk was quickly thrust into the work of hammering scaffolding together and placing it around the Hall of Heroes so Orwen and her Masons could continue building.

From the Journal of Orwen: 5th Galena

Our work on the Hall has stopped due to the supplies of Granite in the stone dump being used up. Fireheart vanished into the Northren hills yesterday with his pick to find more and hasn't come back yet. This project is a huge opprotunity for us all but without granite it will remain a half built shell.

5th Galena

Speardwarf stood at the gate as the shadows thrown out by the walls lengthened in the gathering darkness. Hearing the sound of metal on stone he raised his spear only to lower it again as Fireheart materialized out of the shadows with a large chunk of stone in hand.

As he passed through the gates he paused to speak to Speardwarf. "I found what we needed, you're back on Hall Guard tomorrow."

From the Journal of Fireheart: 13th Galena

Jillian gave birth to a son today. She named him Logem Lashfocus.
As of now we are roughly half done with the second floor wall. And we now have a fairly large Granite quarry in the North hills.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2009, 10:31:47 pm »

Nice! I love building megaprojects out of good ol' granite.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2009, 10:50:45 pm »

I'm just happy I haven't killed anyone in a scaffolding accident...yet

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 25, 2009, 02:36:25 am »

Barbarossa, you got a promotion!

Work is continuing well on the Hall, the scaffolds are in place for the 3rd level of the Hall proper, then I'll build the roof, add the tower, yard and such and it will be finished!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 25, 2009, 12:11:09 pm »

NEW UPDATE!!
9th Limestone

The builders were overjoyed when news arrived that Rakust had arrived with the Dwarf Merchants.

Goods were quickly hauled to the Depot and Newb was notified tht her services were needed.

16th Limestone

Newb stood in the shade of the Depot while Rakust paced behind her, waiting for her to meet with him.

"Your merchants are late Rakust." Newb said as she watched the gate for some sign of the wagons. "We might s well have our meeting while we wait."

In mere minutes the new agreement was drawn up, requesting more bars, blocks and gems for Flamebanner while the Mountainhomes would pay highly for fish.

As Newb concluded the meeting Hawkfrost walked up to her. "Newb, we've looked over the entire territory and there is no sign of the merchants. No signs of an attack either, they've just dissappeared."

A frown crossed Newb's face briefly as she heard this. "Thanks Hawkfrost, round up the Haulers and have this stuff taken below." Newb replied as she walked back inside.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone else ever had an entire trade caravan vanish with no message about being inaccessable or anything?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 25, 2009, 12:31:05 pm »

I have before.  Not sure what the deal is.  I think it may have been reported as a bug.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2009, 12:54:16 pm »

19th Limestone

Fireheart stood once more before the gathered citizens of Flamebanner. "Today 3 daughters of Flamebanner residents have reached maturity and are ready to work."

"Skid's daughter Bembul Gleamlash has chosen to remain unassigned for the moment as has Newb's daughter Morul Tradedbank."

"Legolord's daughter Mafol Relicstakes has chosen to follow her father into the Glassmaking trade. As of this moment she is Legolord's Apprentice."

As Fireheart stepped off his stage Dwarves began heading back to work while some stayed behind to try and recruit Bembul and Morul for their trades.

The crowds in the Hallways parted as Jillian suddenly started shouting about shells and gems. As the possessed Dwarf ran toward the stairs she suddenly stopped, fell over and started snoring.
The amused looks on some faces were matched by the worry on others as they wondered if Jillian would be able to sleep and still retain her Dwarven sanity.

A few moments later her eyes popped open and Jillian continued on her way to the workshop level where she claimed the dust filled Crafts Shop. Heading for the stockrooms she grabbed a turtle shell and a single cut Kunzite before returning to the workshop.

25th Limestone

Several days later Jillian emerged from the Crafts Shop. In her hand she held a beautiful idol of a Hoary Marmot made out of turtle shell with Kunzite bands and turtle shell spikes.

Upon being asked about the Hoary Marmot Jillian replied that it was her god Rab, Hoary Marmot god of volcanos, earth and mountains.
After a brief visit from Newb her creation was valued at 49200 dwarfbucks.
I think that brings us to 7 artifacts.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 106