Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131248 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #300 on: February 11, 2009, 05:10:44 pm »

Gave Kornash and Vabok a chance to get some kills at least.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 11, 2009, 07:06:39 pm »

yeah, now speardwarf needs to get some kills. ya know, other than that one goblin leader.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 11, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »

Speardwarf's got the second lowest number of kills in the fortress with 1. Iton has 0. Everyone else is in double digits.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 11, 2009, 08:38:05 pm »

Hey, think of this Barbosa. That one kill, saved my oh-so-important life. Because later on *SPOILERS* I'm gonna save everyone from a hurricane, meteor, and swarm of locusts in that order*END SPOILERS*
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2009, 09:09:05 pm »

True, although I wasn't exactly handing you the spear. my ancestors were. DUN DUN DUNNNN!!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 11, 2009, 10:00:16 pm »

Why is Hawkfrost always late!?!

I want her to become a legend among the dwarves of Flamebanner.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2009, 12:05:59 am »

Legolord: Small problem with your Lego brick mural. Apparently I'm completly incompetant and it came out looking like nothing but a blob of green glass. If you can design your mural then I'll give it another try.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 12, 2009, 01:37:07 am »

1st Malachite

Another small celebration followed on the heels of Legolord and his family being granted the first of the Iron Hall suites. Fireheart even allowed Legolord to move his beloved glass furniture into his new lodgings.

Meanwhile in the forge Sarek reshaped the spear he had been making for Speardwarf before he was tossed out. As he honed the iron down to a deadly edge he thought about the recent events in Flamebanner. He decided it was time for another trip to the library. Finishing the spear with his personal mark he stowed his tools and went to arm Speardwarf before he got himself killed.

5th Malachite

The Human Liason Idil Dunemasseg and Fireheart shared news from their respective homes. Idil had no idea why they couldn't start the meeting but Fireheart was insisting he wait. Finally there was a knock at the door and Newb came in. "Ah, Newb there you are." Fireheart said. "Idil I want to introduce Newb to you. She is one of our founders and until now has been out of work as a Crafter. With more duties piling up for me to do I find it diffucult to find time to meet with your merchants. Therefore I'm officially appointing Newb as the new Trademaster of Flamebanner."

As he spoke he handed Newb a signet ring. On further inspection she noticed it was the same ring that Fireheart wore and that Sir Nil had recieved when he became Deputy.

As Newb stepped out of the office she could hear Idil and Fireheart discussing the new trade agreements.

6th Malachite

Everyone was surprised when Skid brought out the day's food from the storerooms. They had thought that Skid could only make biscuits but now she was bringing out platters of delicious smelling roasts. When asked about the change in menu Skid replied that she felt she had the skill to cook better things then biscuits now.

Barbarossa immedietly wondered if she could somehow make an engraving to immortalize the event. She did have the entire Dining Hall to engrave now after all.

18th Malachite

Legolord was overjoyed to learn that he now had a 3rd son. A boy that Vabok had named Atir Giltbulwark.

20th Malachite

Everyone in Flamebanner knew that something had possessed Sarek when he ran out of the first party he had thrown since Fireheart had reinstated the Party Area.

Sarek could see exactly what he needed in his mind as he dashed up the stairs and toward the forges. Slamming the door into the wall as he entered he layed out his tools and ran for the stockpiles to collect his supplies...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have yet to finish Sarek's mood. I'm trying to get something useful, preferably another weapon. So far hes made a low boot, a shoe and an idol. Hopefully he'll make something good soon.

Legolord: Your family now has 6 people. You, Vabok, 3 sons and a daughter.

Skid is now a legendary Cook

Feel free to jump in with journal entries for your Dwarves. Only serves to make this fortress more interesting and fun.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 12, 2009, 05:43:41 pm »

Can my children's professions be customized to "Henchmen" and Vabok's name changed to Igor (Vabok isn't claimed right)?
Just 2x4 a rectangle of green glass floor should do for the mural.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 12, 2009, 06:31:17 pm »

No, Vabok isn't claimed and it will mean I can stop worrying about confusing the 2 Vaboks.

And I don't see any problem with your children being Henchmen

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2009, 06:54:44 pm »

Huzzah!

Oh wait, that should probably be "Igorina," since it's a female dwarf.

My first champion (in any fort) was named Vabok.  I have this permanent image in my mind of any Vabok being a large, mace-toting male thanks to him.  I know your pain.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 12, 2009, 07:03:33 pm »

It would have been worse if both Vaboks were Warriors. No end to confusion then.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2009, 08:47:59 pm »

Journal of Hexed Sabreroots, Civilian of Flamebanner

20th of Malachite
[The text below is written hastily and messily]
In the commotion of Sarek running out of the Party Area, I managed to sneak into Fireheart's office and add a little order for three catapault parts to be made. Hopefully, nobody will notice my little edit. Anyway, I guess it's time to go back to the party.
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 15, 2009, 01:54:05 am »

I now give you the continuation of Sarek's Mood
----------------------------------------------------------------------
20th Malachite Continued

Speardwarf watched warily from the door of the stockpiles as the sounds of Sarek searching for materials reached his ears. He had already seen the older Dwarf rush by with a Silver Bar and 2 Fire Agates but he obviously needed more.

As the crashes stopped Speardwarf stepped into the room, manuvering around bins and bolts of cloth. He found Sarek standing amid the remains of the once orderly Bar stockpile. As he stared at the mess around them he was nearly bowled over as Sarek ran for the door, leaping over anything that got in his way. After a moment Speardwarf heard the door of the Forgeworks slamming. Relaxing he decided that it was best to return to the party and await the results of Sarek's possession.

24th Malachite

Sarek was greeted warmly when he stepped into the Dining Hall 4 days later. Eyes were quickly drawn to the stunning pair of greaves he carried in his hands. The Black Bronze studded Silver shined brilliantly in the light of the torches as Fire Agate bands wound around between spikes of Fire Agate. What was most stunning was an amazingly lifelike picture of a Female Goblin.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The silence was broken when one of the younger Children called out "What's it called?" "Blazepulled the Dipped Bow." Sarek answered reaching for a tankard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally a decent item and another Silver item. Only took around 15 tries. And I think the name fits the fortress quite nicely.

I was curious about the Goblin on the armor so I looked her up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently Nako Witchsteels and her husband Bosa thought coming to raid Flamebanner was a good idea. They both fell to Sir Nil's hammer.

"The Terrors of Boring" They make a good enemy.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 15, 2009, 02:29:08 am »

nice! now I think we need an artifact spear, made completely out of rubies! we can call it the 'spear of spear-carrying dwarves'.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 106