Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131227 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2009, 08:18:39 pm »

I'll do that after the update is finished. Its a pretty interesting place

EDIT: How exactly do I get the map from the game onto the site?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:27:16 pm by thunderclan »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 28, 2009, 10:02:50 pm »

I'll do that after the update is finished. Its a pretty interesting place

EDIT: How exactly do I get the map from the game onto the site?

Follow the instructions on the front page.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 28, 2009, 10:33:52 pm »

22nd Granite Continued

Wok led his squad into a position near the sand pit. Behind him Kornash and Vabok stood ready to fight while Speardwarf clutched his spear nervously. His training took over though as battle-cries rose from the trees and Goblins jumped out. 2 Swordgobs with 4 Wrestlers following behind. With a cry of his own Wok drew his sword and charged, Kornash at his side, leaving Vabok and Speardwarf to guard the rear.

As they engaged the Swordgobs the Wrestlers tried to get around the squad to the gates. Vabok vanished underneath 3 of them while the 4th rushed Speardwarf. Raising his spear he tried and failed to get a hit on the swiftly moving Goblin. Dodging another blow the Wrestler smashed his fist into Speardwarf's face. Dazed he stumbled backwards and over the edge of the sand pit. When he stopped sliding and was able to focus again he saw his foe charging him again, jumping over the dead Goblin Vabok had pitched into the pit. Raising his spear to chest level he thrust forward catching the Goblin right through the chest. With his enemy dead he started climbing the slope out of the pit.

Meanwhile Wok and Kornash had managed to kill the other invaders in time to see Sir Nil arrive with Hawkfrost and Iton. Everyone raised their shields or went running for cover as iron tipped arrows started flying from the trees. Vabok took an arrow to the leg and fell behind the cover of a pile of bags. Another arrow punched right through Speardwarf's shield and stuck into the metal just above his eye. The force behind the projectile knocked him off balance and he went down in time to be leapt on by a fresh Wrestler.
Iton watched the edge of the forest with his fingers wrapped tightly around his crossbow. "I may not have any bolts but I can still beat a Goblin to death with the crossbow." he muttered to himself. He was just about to signal Sir Nil that everything was fine when he heard the sound of crossbows firing. With a grunt he went down with bolts sticking out of his hip and leg. Charging the trees Sir Nil and Hawkfrost engaged the Bowgobs and their guards. Hawkfrost managed to remove every limb from the Speargob and Wrestler while Nil smashed the Bowgobs into unrecognizable shapes. With a grim look on their faces they turned as 2 more Speargobs and 5 Wrestlers emerged out of the shadows and surrounded them.
Bax was infuriated. These Dwarves had demolished half his forces with almost nothing lost on their side. As he watched the larger group move to aid their surrounded friends he signalled his men into formation and started for the now undefended gates.
Nil and Hawkfrost stared at their foes with cold hatred in their eyes. They had been disarmed but not before Nil had killed the 5 Wrestlers while Hawkfrost avoided the spears. Now as he heard Wok's cry he leapt into action. Tripping the Goblin closest to him he ran for their weapons as Wok appeared out of the bushes and seperated the Speargobs heads from their bodies with a single swing.

"Hawkfrost, get Iton and anybody else who is to wounded to continue back to the gates. Then get back here." Nil said as he helped Iton to his feet. Nodding Hawkfrost grabbed Iton and started for the gate with Speardwarf and Vabok stumbling behind her.

At the sound of more warcries the 3 remaining Warriors ran back toward the sand pit in time to see arrows smashing into the wall as a lone Goblin fired on the civilians on the walls. Smiling at each other they raised their weapons and charged only to be barreled into by Bax's Wrestlers. The Hammerlord himself stood on a rock a few yards away...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently big battles require 3 updates. Final part up soon featuring the Wok versus Hammerlord Bax fight.
Sorry Nil but you didn't get the chance to fight him.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 28, 2009, 11:34:42 pm »

22nd Granite Finale

Wok, Nil and Kornash fought valiently against Bax's 3 Wrestlers while the Bowgob turned to fire on them. Kornash was the first to fall with 2 arrows in his back and leg. Wok stepped in and sliced apart the Wrestler Kornash had been fighting while he was distracted. He then swept his sword back over his head to catch the 2nd Goblin through the stomach. With a flick of his wrist he sent the Goblin flying into Nil's foe and on until they hit a tree with such force that limbs broke off and flew through the air.
Bax was shocked. His entire force had been destroyed by these Dwarves. He knew that victory had been swiped from his grasp but he could still kill some of these Dwarves.
As Nil pulled an arrow out of his shield Bax leapt off his rock, bringing his hammer around in a wide arc. At the last second Nil brought his own hammer up to block the blow and roll out of the way. Rising to his feet he was to slow to raise his shild or weapon in defense and took the full force of the next blow with his arm. He cried out in pain as he felt the bones snap. "Wok!" he called as he raised his shielded arm against a flurry of hammer blows.

Realizing that he was the only Dwarf left on the field who could fight Wok grabbed his sword off the ground and raised it high as he charged. Bax saw him coming and sidestepped the sword but not the fist that impacted the side of his head. Dazed from the blow it took him a second to realize that he had lost his lis left hand to the mad Dwarf's sword. Raising his hammer he brought it around to smash Wok's face in. Wok leaned back under the hammers swing and thrust his sword again, cutting deeply into Bax's hip.

Feeling rage pulsing through him Bax swung his hammer again and as Wok went to parry he tripped him. As Wok sprawled to the ground and his sword skidded a few feet away Bax's smile returned. As Bax prepared to crush him Wok glanced around for another weapon. The only remotely useful thing though was a broken spear. Grabbing it Wok turned back in time to see Bax's hammer come down and then fall to the side amid a spray of blood. Bax screamed in pain as Hawkfrost came around the corner of the wall. Rising to his feet Wok grabbed the bleeding Goblin around the throat and stared at the red spiral sewn into his tunic before he shoved the broken spear through Bax's chest.

Gasping and laughing Bax said "I failed but we have the advantage of intelligence on our side. One day Flamebanner will be ours. Our s..." His speech cut off as he was relieved of his life.

Dropping the corpse Wok turned to thank Hawkfrost for her help before he gathered up his sword and started the weary walk back to the Barracks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We didn't fare to badly
Nil's arm healed after a couple days
Iton, Speardwarf and Vabok suffered several light wounds which healed quickly
Kornash somehow avoided having his organs hit by the arrows and spent about a day resting
Hawkfrost and Wok suffered light arm and leg wounds
And I have no idea what happened to Speardwarf's spear. He doesn't have it though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:18:11 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2009, 11:35:45 pm »

In case anyone is curious the 2 squads are The Umbral Shields led by Wok and The Walled Years led by Sir Nil

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2009, 12:14:51 am »

Wok may have killed Bax, but I believe it was Speardwarf's spear that was used to commit the awesome stabbing!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2009, 02:42:22 am »

And it would explain why Speardwarf no longer has his spear. We'll go with that  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2009, 01:23:06 pm »

EDIT: I got the map of the top level up but still having issues with the other 3 levels
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:59:56 pm by thunderclan »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2009, 09:58:19 pm »

Speardwarf should get full credit with saving my life, and quite possibly (by association with the previous deed) the whole fortress. It sounds to me like if Wok had failed, Bax would have marched in and slaughtered the civillians. Spearddwarf inadverdently dropped his spear, a small mistake that ended up being a huge windfall.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2009, 10:14:58 pm »

Its official then...Speardwarf will get the credit for the victory.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2009, 10:35:56 pm »

huzzah! *pats self on back*

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2009, 11:27:36 pm »

The second level map is up. The surface map is the only one that is to large for the Archive so you won't be seeing the Barracks or cage storage, working on the lower level now.

EDIT: The lower level is uploaded now. Feast your eyes on a near complete map of Flamebanner!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:34:07 pm by thunderclan »

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2009, 02:39:38 am »

How is the fish situation?
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2009, 02:49:37 am »

Honestly I completely forgot about it for a few days. Now I'm still trying to figure out where to go with it and how to bring it into the story.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2009, 12:41:02 pm »

Barbarossa: Level 15 is to big to upload. I'll try to post some screenshots of it with the next update which will be arond Sunday night
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106