Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131231 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2009, 07:35:52 pm »

14th Granite

In the Dining Hall Fireheart rose to make an announcement.

"My friends, In light of the loss of authority we suffered during my absence I will soon be appointing a Deputy who will be in charge should I be unable to do my duties again and who will aid me in making our home great." When Fireheart looked around the crowd he could see the light in the eyes of several Dwarves as they wondered if they would be chosen for the position.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
All those who either have experience or have done great service to Flamebanner are in the running for Deputy. Have to wait and see who gets it though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:45:55 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2009, 12:21:20 am »

15th Granite

The sound of mule hooves on the road annunced the arrival of the Elves into Flamebanner territory. As the goods were brought to the Depot Hawkfrost glimpsed a movement in the grass near the gate. As she approached a Goblin sprang from hiding, dagger flashing in the light. With hardly a thought Hawkfrost brought her axe around and cleaved the greenskin's body in half. As she turned back to the gate she saw another thief and a snatcher activate the hidden switches and smiled at the looks of terror on their faces as cages sprang from the ground, trapping them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anymore people want Dwarves? We still have plenty.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2009, 12:39:00 am »

does beating up kornash count as being helpful? what about doodling on walls?

wow, I've got the deputation in the bag!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2009, 02:45:36 am »

Bax Ostaospun twirled the handle of his spiked hammer as he stared at the maps and reports before him. Flamebanner...the richest Dwarven fortress in the world. The scouts reported that the very gates gleamed with gold and gems. For years the Warlords had sent raiding parties to bring back whatever they could of that wealth. So far the only ones to return were the thieves, scared off by kittens!!

Bax left his tent to look over his troops. His fame had gathered more Goblins to his side then any other. His was the largest force to reach Flamebanner yet. Swords, bows, spears and tricky wrestlers all under his command. And with them he would claim Flamebanner for the Warlords. The Warlords had been wise to bring the Circle into the fight even if the price they demanded was steep.

With a cry he ordered his men to break camp and prepare for battle. Soon they would reach Flamebanner and victory would be theirs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another fight is coming and now you have more information to chew on. Pick out what you will from it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:10:23 pm by thunderclan »

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2009, 12:19:03 pm »

Ooh a hammergoblin. I would like to have a 1 on 1 duel with him if all of his friends are dead... Its an honour thing.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2009, 01:55:25 pm »

Hammerlord actually

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2009, 09:51:22 pm »

Hawkfrost will become Deputy.
Even if she is not chosen, she will become it.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2009, 01:50:00 am »

:) all caught up, and would like a dwarf if possible.

Name: bob
profession: recently adult child born in flamebanner turned macedwarf/clubdwarf/ogredwarf
personality: ogre-like, I'd say dumb as a rock and at least as strong, but I'd be insulting the rock. XD (for reference, see my post in the A.D.A.B. succession wars game thread)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:51:44 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2009, 03:04:20 am »

A pleasure to have you join us.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2009, 10:10:53 pm »

As the Elves led their mules through the gates they passed the platform where Fireheart was standing with a bag in front of him. "My friends, the time has come to choose our first Deputy. In the interest of fairness I have decided to make the descision random. If you feel you can fill the position then step forward and put your mark in this bag."

Many of the Dwarves pushed their way to the front, placing their unique marks in the bag. Barbarossa, Wok, Sarek, Nil and Legolord were among the first and followed by Iton and Speardwarf. As the crowd stepped away Fireheart waved one of the children forward to make the draw. As the child's arm dissappeared inside the bag the Dwarves prayed to their gods for luck.  When the hand reappeared it held a piece of obsidian with a hammer carved into it.

Seeing the results of the draw Fireheart turned to the crowd. "Sir Nil will be our first Deputy. May he continue to fight honorably for the future of Flamebanner." Nil was lost among the group of friends and fellow soldiers who crowded around him, giving their congratulations and clapping him on the back.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The next fight should be up later tonight depending on how serious it is.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2009, 02:49:38 pm »

While I write up the battle report here is the before and after kill count for all 7 Warriors

Name: B-A
Wok: 23-34
Sir Nil: 17-24
Vabok: 8-9
Hawkfrost: 10-12
Speardwarf: 0-1
Kornash: 5-6
Iton: 0-0

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2009, 05:02:15 pm »

Armok Dwarf! What type of heathenistic killing prowess does my dwarf have? I guess it must just be scaring the crap out of the gobbos by charging into battle with a cooking wok on his head.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2009, 07:36:26 pm »

22nd Granite

The sand pit was crawling with Dwarves as they scooped sand into bags to feed Legolord's furnace. As the Dwarves climbed out of the pit and prepared to return to the fortress they saw the blurry outline of Sarek go by shouting about something or other. Figuring he had probably been possessed they turned back to their work.
Sarek skidded to a halt in front of Fireheart, who was discussing the changes to the farms with Jillian. "G...Gob...Goblins. Coming in...from the...East" he stammered while gasping for breath. With a grim look on his face Fireheart shouted to Vabok, who stood on gate duty "Sound the alarm, get the civilians inside!" As the sound of the Warrior Horn echoed off the walls the civilians came rushing through the gate which slammed shut on their heels.

Glancing at Sir Nil who had come to stand beside him Fireheart gave the orders. "Wok will lead the Umbral Shields to the sand pit. Once your squadmates are ready take up a position between the sand pit and the forest." Nodding Nil went to relay the orders to Wok and ready the squads...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Have to stop and go over the notes for how best to write the next part. Chew on this and I'll continue in a bit.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2009, 07:47:47 pm »

Yes!  YES!  MORE SAND!!  MORE I SAY!!  I MUST HAVE GREEN GLASS!!!!!

Lookin' good Thunderclan.  Too bad the control freak didn't win the drawing.  Probably for the best, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2009, 08:14:10 pm »

Can we get an upload of the map to http://mkv25.net/dfma/?
I want to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 106