Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131218 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2009, 09:44:19 pm »

oh noes! iiiiiiiiiintriiiiiiiigue!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2009, 03:55:57 pm »

Next update should be ready in a few hours but there is still plenty of Dwarves that can be named. And comments are always welcome.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2009, 08:08:57 pm »

12th Opal

The sun shone brightly down on the courtyard of Flamebanner as the Dwarves tried to get the best views of the platform. The entire fortress had gathered to share one of the best moments of a fortressess existence: the advancement of soldiers from untrained Apprentices to skilled and battlehardened Warriors. Everyone stopped talking and turned to look as the Warriors followed Fireheart out of the fortress and to the platform.

Once Fireheart had taken the his position on the platform the Warriors split up with Wok and Sir Nil remaining at either end of the platform and the others joining the crowd below.

"In the 4 years that we've been here for we have survived the threat of Goblin invasion numerous times due to the strength and skill of our Warriors. Today a new member joins their ranks. Even when he worked as an untrained Miner he tore apart the first of the Goblin attacks. Now we welcome Kornash Mansionbrims The Perplexing Iron as a full Warrior." The cheers thundered off the walls, Speardwarf and his siblings loudest of all as they shouted their father's name.

The cheers abruptly cut off as several red feathered bolts cut the air, thudding into the platform and Fireheart's leg. Wok and Sir Nil turned toward the source of the bolts and saw a cloaked figure standing in the shadows of the wall. In a flash his sword was shining in the sun and Wok was charging the figure. As he came within range and swung his sword the figure whipped a dagger from his belt and, leaping back from the blade the figure stabbed down, piercing the metal covering Wok's arm. Wok swung his arm, carrying the figure through the air to smash against the wall. As he slid down the wall the hooded cloak fell back to reveal the scarred green face of a Goblin. What caught Wok's attention though was the 3 pronged dagger tatooed into the green skin.

Turning away from the Goblin he returned to the platform where Skid and Sarek were pulling the bolts from Fireheart's leg. The area around the wounds was a sickly shade of grey and black. As Wok approached Sarek held one of the bolts out to him. "Poisoned." He stated. "Not a type I've seen before either. We'd best get him to bed and see what we can do about the wounds." Waving Akhier and Legolord over they lifted the uncouncious form of their leader and worked their way slowly inside.

Turning back to the wall Wok was just in time to see the Goblin going over the top of the wall. Cursing himself for not seeing the trick he shouted for Hawkfrost and Speardwarf to go after the Goblin even though he knew it would be long gone before they got around the wall.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll leave you guys to work on that for awhile.  ;D

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2009, 08:46:39 pm »

Assassination attempt!

It seems Hawkfrost isn't getting any kills or action recently.
A shame.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2009, 12:11:41 am »

9th Obsidian

Jillian and Barbarossa headed for Fireheart's quarters with a plate of Skid's finest food and buckets of fresh brook water. As they rounded the corner they saw several Dwarves gathered around Fireheart's door as Sarek came out. As they came within earshot Jillian called out "How is he?". Without looking up from the book he held he answered "No better, and I still can't get rid of the poison. I tore the Library apart looking for books about poison and tried every cure I know but nothing seems to stop it." "What will we do if he dies?" Legolord asked nervously. With a weary sigh Sarek answered "I don't know. Fireheart is just as responsible for keeping this place running smoothly as any of us, but he is the only one who knows how to lead a fortress. He is responsible for all of our lives and now we're responsible for his."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I may not have anticipated this but it fits into the story so nicely.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2009, 12:46:08 am »

awesome! I attempted to murder my father, a goblin has a trident, and there is a mysterious cult trying to destroy our lives!  ;D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2009, 01:02:12 am »

Dagger, not trident

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2009, 12:14:05 pm »

In any case, im sure our 7 (?) strong military will be able to handle the threat if we dogpile our foes. And if we do... I call the legs.
NOT THE BEES!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2009, 05:03:33 pm »

This is getting better and better.  Just one thing though . . .

"What will we do if he dies?" Legolord asked eagerly.
I am a control freak, remember?  ;D

Er, in this fort, I mean.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2009, 04:39:24 am »

Just a small update tonight as not much is happening.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
23rd Obsidian

Wok sighed as he watched Speardwarf toss Kornash halfway across the room into Iton. "He should be starting weapon training." he thought to himself. Without Fireheart to authorize the advancement though nothing could be done.

Leaving Speardwarf to pummel his father and friend Wok headed for the stairs. He had only gone a few feet though when Ushat the Animal Trainer crashed into him, bouncing off his iron armor. As Wok helped Ushat to his feet he could hear him muttering something about trees and gemstones. Seeing the crazy look in Ushat's eyes Wok realized that he was obviously being possessed by some ancient spirit. As he sped off down the stairs Wok decided to see to it that the Dwarf got his supplies.

Reaching the workshop level he saw Ushat disappear into the Craftdwarf shop with a pine log under one arm and a larch log under the other. A second later a terrible scream rose as Ushat demanded green glass and cut gems.

Grabbing Legolord by the collar as he went by with a bag of sand he ordered him down to his furnace to make raw green glass. He then found the Jeweler and told him that if we didn't have a type of gem cut to cut it.

Returning to the intersection Wok rested a hand on his sword hilt. He didn't like it but if Ushat snapped before his supplies were ready he would do what was nessecery to protect the fortress.

With a cry Ushat charged out of his shop and grabbed the glass and clear zircons out of their creators hands. In a second he was back inside and the sounds of creation were heard. Wok gladly released the hold on his sword hilt, glad that he wouldn't have to intervene. Turning away he went to get a tankard of rum.

26th Obsidian

Wok looked up from his seat in the Dining Hall as Ushat wearily stepped inside. In his hand he held an amazing earring. It was made of pine with clear zircon encrustings, green glass decorating the edges and spikes of pine and larch. When asked he replied that he had named it Osustniral which meant The Tame Portents in Dwarven.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll leave you guys to imagine the glory of the newest (rather useless) artifact.

The artifact updates are fun to write though even if the artifacts themselves aren't very impressive.

Just something for you guys to think on but I've laid out the plans for 4 new suites in the Hotel which will give us a total of 8. I refuse to spoil who will be recieving suites though.

Feel free to write your character journals while I see to the next update.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 24, 2009, 11:34:48 am »

yay! I get to pummel my father until I get something with which to stick him with!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 24, 2009, 05:25:24 pm »

yay! I get to pummel my father until I get something with which to stick him with!

Oooohhh no kimosabe, you fight me (if thunderclan allows it). Try any of your lung-piercing jedi crap and I'll call some people who know some people who are some people, and you'll be swimmin with the carpies.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 24, 2009, 06:08:47 pm »

Journal Entry #1

Fireheart is injured.

If he doesn't recover soon, I may put him out of his misery and claim command of this settlement.
Nothing can come in the way of duty to the community, not even our leader.

In other news, my secret plan is slowly coming together, lets see if it works out.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 24, 2009, 10:44:55 pm »

8th Granite

Another of Sarek's parties was in full swing in the Dining Hall of Flamebanner. Sarek told stories of the places he'd seen and battles he'd fought in while other Dwarves laughed and drank through barrels of alcohol.

Silence fell as the doors opened and Fireheart rushed in. Heading for the closest table he grabbed tankards, emptying them of their contents. With alcohol coursing through his body and restoring his strength he turned to the gathered Dwarves. "Wok, Nil and Kornash, please join me in my office. Sarek please continue your party and tell Hawkfrost and Vabok to come down and join you." With the 3 Warriors following Fireheart strode over to his office door, stopping to grab a rum barrel on his way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I live! Good to see I survived the injury.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 24, 2009, 11:52:30 pm »

Fancy that.  Your dwarf is just starting to get better in my fort, too.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106