Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131211 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2009, 08:51:07 pm »

You got me there  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2009, 11:27:43 pm »

this fight reminds me of the time when I got my first goblin snatcher. I recruited a jeweler that was standing next to the goblin, to see if he could smack the goblin around a bit so my champion wrestlers could just mop up. little did I know that all dwarven jewelers are trained in the art of dwarf-fu.

The goblin had a knife, and my jeweler had nothing. SOMEHOW the jeweler ripped all of the goblin's arms and legs off, spewing blood and limbs all over my new staircase. the jeweler then proceeded to rip the goblin's spine out of it's back and apparently beat the remaining chunks of goblin torso into a giant bloody mess. Odil the engraver was pleased.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2009, 12:40:08 am »

That sounds similar to what any battlefield where Wok was present looks like. I think that some parts of the territory are more blood then ground now.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2009, 01:14:59 am »

what's the current kill count anyhow?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2009, 01:43:40 am »

I only keep track of the Warriors kill counts but I know 3 or 4 civilian Dwarves have at least one Goblin kill. The Warriors have:

Wok: 23
Sir Nil: 17
Vabok: 8
Hawkfrost: 6

Probably roughly around 70-80 Goblins killed at Flamebanner in total. Thats counting those killed by merchant guards and civilians

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2009, 04:24:39 pm »

Wok Ownz joo newbs.

I think my current fort is imitating my battles at Flamebanner. I removed the babysnatchin tag from goblins so that instead of thieves and ambushes, they send sieges. Well, I got a siege with just 7 dwarves, and I hastily recruited my two planters, made them crossbows and a pile of bolts, and waited for the goblins. The siege force was 2 goblin pikemen, 7 lashers, and 7 wrestlers. This was on an oceanside fort, and to prevent the waves from being annoying I had walled off the coastline, leaving my only access point a three wide walkway to some ramps that would lead down into my fort. The entrance was open air, with the actual way into my fort facing out towards the walkway at a cross. The order was given to retract the bridge, and it disapeared just as the first goblin neared the bridge. The lashers and wrestlers had made it up to my bridge, while the pikegoblins were on the crosswalk. My planter/recruits rushed out and used bone bolts and wood crossbows to shoot off the pikemens limbs. Completely severed all the limbs with bolts, from at least 40 tiles away. The siege was broken, and the goblins started fleeing. My planters picked off every last one of them, and each and every one of them lost a limb or two. My refuse pile was filled up entirely with bodyparts (11x4 pile) and I had to designate a new one for the corpses.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2009, 05:26:35 pm »

Wok Ownz joo newbs.

By kills, yes but by skills... -> I <- Pwnz you nubs :P. I only hope my need to stay 'dwarf sober' wont impede on my kill count too much but i seem to like getting lots of training done at least.
NOT THE BEES!

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 14, 2009, 12:00:20 pm »

You shouldn't take names directly from a book about clans of warrior cats for a community in a game that actively butchers cats for food.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:02:16 pm by Turnip »
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2009, 04:03:57 pm »

You shouldn't take names directly from a book about clans of warrior cats for a community in a game that actively butchers cats for food.

And why not?
In those books, cats butcher humans.

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2009, 04:32:56 pm »

Uh, no they dont.
They FEAR humans.
I think a human got attacked once or twice, but as I recall the humans caused all of them to evacuate a place that was sacred to them.
And they didnt kill a human and then eat it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:40:20 pm by Turnip »
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 14, 2009, 04:43:43 pm »

I'm assuming you're not talking about "The World According to Clarkson", so unless I'm showing supreme ignorance here, may I ask which book you're talking about. I'm scared that If I google "Warrior Cat" I'll have my IQ lowered by 20 due to an onslaught of lolcats.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2009, 05:01:41 pm »

I'm assuming you're not talking about "The World According to Clarkson", so unless I'm showing supreme ignorance here, may I ask which book you're talking about. I'm scared that If I google "Warrior Cat" I'll have my IQ lowered by 20 due to an onslaught of lolcats.

The series "Warriors".

And Turnip, I'm exaggerating of course.
You're looking too much into it.
I don't see anything wrong with making a community fort with references to a great book series. You need to chill.

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2009, 06:55:58 pm »

why is directly taking names and concepts from a book as opposed to making your own original content referencing.
i call it not being original.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2009, 06:58:43 pm »

why is directly taking names and concepts from a book as opposed to making your own original content referencing.
i call it not being original.

I call what you are doing trolling.
If you want to argue this point, send it in a PM, don't spam the thread with pointless posts.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2009, 07:58:19 pm »

Can we get back to the story? I think that warrior cats might have SOME good names.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 106