Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131210 times)

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2009, 04:20:20 pm »

As I have been laid off duty temporarily due to my awesomeness  :P ,  I would like to work as a weaponsmith/armoursmith so i can kit out me and my comrades so we can cut off/crush/rip off the heads of our foes easier.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2009, 05:12:47 pm »

Would love to put you under Sareks command but Champions don't work at anything but fighting so you're out of luck there.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2009, 02:14:11 am »

17th Limestone

The torches burned low in the courtyard of Flamebanner. The Dwarves had spent the night in mourning for their fallen friend and preparing his tomb. Now as the dawn broke and the Dwarves scattered about the courtyard woke Fireheart gathered the Warriors together to carry Plank's body down to the tombs. As the small procession entered the tomb they saw that the burial preparations were nearly done. The floor was marked in places where furniture would soon sit.

After the Dwarves had said their final good-byes Fireheart rose to speak. "We have always known that the Goblins would someday find a way to take one of our number. That Plank was the victim is disastorus to us all. Plank was a fine Dwarf and achieved the greatest death a Dwarf can, to fall in battle. Fighting for his friends, his home and his love. His actions will be immortalized on the walls of this fortress and the pages in the library." As Fireheart continued to speak Hawkfrost's attention was pulled away by a breeze. She knew that such a fresh breeze was a strange thing to feel 5 levels underground. Turning to try and find the source she realized that she was the only one being affected, everone else was completely focused on Fireheart with not a beard or piece of clothing being blown around.

With a start she jumped up from her place by the coffin and rushed for the door, shoving Zaneg and Wok roughly out of her way and pulling Legolord into the hallway where she began talking in muffled whispers. He looked like he was hearing something crazy but he nodded and rushed to the stairs. Hawkfrost followed a moment later with thoughts coursing through her mind. There might still be some hope...
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure how boring this will be for you guys but I was inspired and trying to type before I lost the idea.

This fish thing could be entertaining though.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2009, 03:57:13 am »

I'd like to make a requst if I may:

Now that we have a fairly powerful fort, and in light of the loss of one of our own, I would ask that Kornash be trained with sword and shield and become a fulltime soldier (unless, of course, he is needed with mining duties in which case I'll be happy with him staying as he is).

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2009, 04:15:02 am »

Thats fine. Fireheart is the other miner and I can always train one of the kids if I need alot of mining done. You can sparr with Wok and Sir Nil until you're a legendary wrestler then join Wok for sword practice.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2009, 04:18:44 am »

Thunderclan, you do a good job of writing creatively about what happens in DF. Are you still taking in people to be the namesakes of dwarves?
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2009, 05:59:28 am »

That I am, and there are still many to claim

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2009, 06:17:48 am »

Okay then. I'll take a male siege operator/engineer please.
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2009, 01:18:55 pm »

Any name you prefer? Or shall I improvise one?

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2009, 05:32:49 pm »

Hexed shall do fine.
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2009, 01:22:13 am »

Fireheart's Journal 19th Limestone

We were blessed with 2 more kids today. First Vabok gave birth to a girl she named Mafol Relicstakes and then a few hours later Newb had a girl that she decided to call Morul Tradedbank.

Barbarossa found a snatcher outside the walls and scared it off before it could find the children.
19th Limestone: Evening

Fireheart worked the kinks out of his arms and neck as he left the Trade Depot. The Dwarf merchants were busy celebrating the huge profit they had made in freshly bloodsoaked Goblin sized clothing. As he headed for the fortress Fireheart saw a flicker of movement out of the corner of his eye. Turning for a better look he could just make out the form of a black clad Goblin sneaking along the wall toward the fortress.

Not caring that he had had no weapon since he had left his pick in his room he rushed the would-be Snatcher. The vile creature saw him coming and turned to flee but Fireheart landed a fist into the side of his head. Pulling his knife the Goblin tried to threaten Fireheart with the dull blade but He just laughed and grabbed the knife slicing through the Goblin's arm in the process.
Another punch sent the creature flying through the air to land unmoving in the sand near the wall.

Tossing the knife away Fireheart continued on to the Dining Hall for some rum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have NEVER seen unarmed, untrained Dwarf remove a Goblin's arm before. Using its own knife to do the job seems like the only explanation.

That finished the last batch of notes. I can continue play tomorrow and add some of the requests.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2009, 08:55:59 am »

I like the assumption that Fireheart just ripped its arm off with his bare hands and clubbed him to death with it.

And yay for me saving the children!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2009, 06:51:41 pm »

What the !@#$ !!!  That was amazing!

Could Fireheart be related to the Ironbloods?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2009, 07:26:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between beating a Goblin to death with its own arm and strangling a Hydra to death while naked and poisoned.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2009, 08:26:28 pm »

Well, yeah, but Captain Ironblood's brother can't do that either.  It's still awesome, though, you must admit.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 106