Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131165 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 02:53:44 am »

Fireheart's Journal 3rd Timber

With the knowledge that we share the territory with a chasm as well as a magma pipe I've begun drawing up plans for a wall to encircle a good sized area outside our gates. I've ordered Kogan to start chopping down any trees along the site while we Myself and Kornash continue to make changes to the plans to ensure the best possible defence.

19th Opal

The trees have finally been removed from the planned site of the wall but have been forced to suspend further progress until we have both more stone and enough dwarves to finish in a reasonable time frame.

We had a thief show up in the bedroom hallway: a raccoon. Kornash quickly killed it and carried it out to the refuse pile.

5th Obsidian

Another raccoon showed up in the cage stockpile today. Jillian killed it but I have to wonder how it was planning to carry a metal cage?

17th Obsidian

We spotted flames to the East today. One of the denizens of the magma pipe was apparently walking the surface. I ordered everyone to stick close to home until it returns to the flames.

We're expecting new labor from the Mountainhomes to arrive within a few weeks. I'm hoping they send us a warrior or at least someone we can train.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 01:28:59 pm »

Can i have a dwarf called "Sir Nil" a military dwarf trained in the hammer and shield.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 07:36:24 pm »

sure thing

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 09:17:41 pm »

I'll take a male mechanic/siege operator/siege engineer/glassmaker
Call him LegoLord, control Freak

I had been looking for your next fort, I don't know how I went so long without noticing this.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 11:08:22 pm »

I was wondering when you were going to show up  ;D

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 11:18:59 pm »

i would like a dwarf called Akhier and have the profession be Chaos Lord. he can be a mechanic/mason and preferably male.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 02:37:23 am »

Fireheart's Journal 7th Granite

Spotted flames in the South-East . Ordered everone inside until they died down.

10th Granite

The Elves arrived today. Jillian saw them coming and rushed to alert everyone. I ordered only 2 bins of Newb's mugs to the Depot. Upon arriving I gave them the mugs and then took the supplies we needed: alcohol, barrels, bags, cages, some cloth and a Black Bear. I told them that when they could bring a large amount of supplies that would be useful to a Dwarf then we could talk about fair trading. They grumbled and left but I'm sure they'll be back later.

2nd Slate

Someone brought in a kitten today, one of Sarek's pets or rather what was left of it. The other cats seem to be keeping him happy enough to let it go.

2nd Slate--Later

Kornash was up at the farm harvesting a fresh Plump Helmet when he heard the familiar sound of metal on metal. Peeking around the corner he saw 5 Goblins striding through the entrance like they owned the place. 4 wrestlers led by a tough looking macegob. Pulling his pick from it's place on his back he charged around the corner into the Goblin squad yelling "An Ambush! Curse Them!" before driving the head of his pick through a wrestler's stomach. He parried a blow from the macegob and bashed another wrestler's head in. Whirling around he caught the macegob in the face with the pick handle and cut another wrestler down. The last wrestler fell seconds later with blood flowing from a wound on his side. The macegob turned to flee but Kornash jumped him and proceeded to hit him repeatedly with his pick.

We arrived in time to see Kornash wiping his pick and hands on the macegobs robe, grinning. The only wound he recieved was a light cut on his left arm. We broke out the last barrel of fine Dwarven beer and celebrated into the night. Our revenge on the Goblins has begun.
-----------------------------------------------

That was unexpected. I've never had an ambush with just the 7 founders before. But it turned out better then that last time we faced them. Kornash is now out greatest warrior with 5 notable kills...and a raccoon.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 04:53:13 am »

Aww, nothing notable done by Korgan yet? Sad.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 12:09:58 pm »

Not yet but you'll be playing a big part in the building of the defensive wall.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 04:10:13 pm »

Excellent...*tents fingers*
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 06:48:14 pm »

Fireheart's Journal 7th Slate

Newb alerted us to the arrival of a group of migrants in the northern hills. I met them at the entrance. taking down their names and professions as the passed while I figured out who would be assigned where.

According to my notes we recieved

A Brewer (Could be useful)
Milker (So Drafted)
2 Peasants (Either Drafted or given a useful job)
Cheesemaker (So Drafted)
Metalsmith (Might be useful once the forge is ready)
Blacksmith (Might be useful once the forges are ready)
Woodburner (So Drafted)

There were a few who caught my interest:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------
We have 8 migrants left unclaimed. Don't take the drafted notes as set in stone. If you want one of them to take a civilian job then thats fine.
I believe that only 1 or 2 are male so its better if you either request females or just don't care about gender.

There shouldn't be anymore migrants for a few years so anyone who wants dwarfed in that time will have to take children or one of the 8 free migrants.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 12:49:49 am »

Fireheart's Journal 13th Slate

I called Korgan and Akheir into my office today to discuss the final plans for the wall that will defend the entrance. Korgan's plans show what I believe to be a perfect solution that will give us a permanent access to the brook without leaving a hole in our defences.

I gave Korgan the go ahead to begin laying the granite and assigned Akhier to assist him. I also assigned Lorbam, a useless worker turned engraver to smooth out the boulders in the path of the wall.

24th Slate

Work continues steadily on the wall and Kornash the miner and Skid the cook/brewer have married. They are the first couple in the fortress. I personally removed the wall that seperated their rooms which should provide plenty of room for any children that show up.

6th Felsite

Akhier rushed into my office today. After he regained his voice he told me that They were putting the last stones in the wall when a group of Troglodytes attacked, cutting Korgan off from the entrance.

I sent him to find Wok and Sir Nil and send them to Korgan's aid. They arrived quickly to see Korgan fall to the blow of a Troglodyte. Rushing in they cleared a space around Korgan and proceeded to beat all 5 Troglodytes to death with Nil getting 2 kills and Wok 3.

They ended the fight as I arrived with Jillian. At first we thought Korgan had gone to join his ancestors but as we carried him back to safety he regained consciousness and discovered that his only wound was a moderate injury to his right arm which healed completely after a few days.

The first part of the wall is complete and the gate was installed by Akhier. In a few days we will start the next part of the defensive plan.
-------------------------------
You were lucky Korgan, I thought you were going to be dead or badly wounded for sure. Might be doing the duties of 3 dwarves for a year that saved you.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 01:21:36 am »

I'll take a dwarf.

Orwen (F)/Owen(M)
Mason
He wants to build a tower. A big one.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 03:10:04 am »

Funny you should mention that...

I actually have an idea for a tower I intend to build in later years.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 03:26:13 am »

Armok-damned Troglodytes!

I propose a massive genocide against the troglodyteian bastards.

Oh yes, there will be blood...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 106