Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131181 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: War Footing
« Reply #1470 on: July 18, 2011, 11:30:34 am »

Awesome thread. More screenshots would complete it.

Actually completing the story would complete it, but I get what you mean  :)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 19, 2011, 02:18:05 am »

Awesome thread. More screenshots would complete it.

Actually completing the story would complete it, but I get what you mean  :)

Eh, I was originally going to post 'Posting more screenshots would complete the picture (screenshots are pictures)'. And I thought MY puns were lame...  :P

And, just curious, is this in any way related to the Warriors series? I used to read them back in secondary.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 19, 2011, 04:39:42 am »

Indeed it is! By far one of my favorite series's  :)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 26, 2011, 11:08:36 am »

Thunderclan, amazing story ( although I have skipped the last nine pages or so ) and may I please be dorfed?

Name: Darth Vader
Profession: Swordsdwarf
Personality:Darth frickin Vader
Voice: James Earl Jones

Can you please post a list of all highly notable characters, military or otherwise? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 26, 2011, 06:16:53 pm »

Always room for Dwarves! :D

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 11, 2011, 02:06:17 am »

Bump?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 11, 2011, 05:45:30 pm »

just wait man this thing takes a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time to update.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 12, 2011, 12:27:42 am »

Like McClay says, I take a long time to update, trying to avoid a real-life situation that could kill the fortress permanently...and do other things I consider bad. That kind of takes priority.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 15, 2011, 12:10:09 pm »

Name: G (No one knows what his last name is)
Profession: Axedwarf
Personality: Possibly the biggest drunk in Flamebanner, but a kind heart and skilled with an axe in each hand.
Voice:Ben Schultz(Leeroy Jenkins)
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1479 on: August 15, 2011, 08:30:46 pm »

Name: G (No one knows what his last name is)
Profession: Axedwarf
Personality: Possibly the biggest drunk in Flamebanner, but a kind heart and skilled with an axe in each hand.
Voice:Ben Schultz(Leeroy Jenkins)
Looks like Hugo has a drinking partener

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 03, 2011, 12:19:28 am »

22nd Obsidian Year 34

Savage war cries flew from the throats of Dwarf and Goblin alike as the two sides joined battle on the site of the new temple.

Sable's axe sunk deep into a Goblin's thigh and with a quick flick of the wrist reversed direction, severing the limb and leaving the Goblin to fall against a tree where he was left to die as the Dwarven captain kicked his sword away and then moved away to find a new target...

As a squad of enemy Spearmen advanced through the trees a trio of bolts sank into the ground around them. Laughing at the horrible marksmanship of their opponent, the invaders missed the metal tubes that had fallen free of the bolts, each one releasing a horde of arachnids.

However, they did take close notice when the first Goblin fell to the ground in flames. Even as he died the rest of his group began to panic, trying to slap the spiders away from their clothing but thanks to the barbed hairs on their legs the fire spiders held tight, setting each one aflame before running off into the trees. With a grin of pleasure the Goblin's killer slipped a new bolt into place and vanished into the trees...

Back at the temple site things had turned sour for the invaders as their numbers continued to shrink under the Dwarven weapons. An entire squad had been lost into a chasm that had opened beneath their feet and closed seconds later.

The terrified creatures were just beginning to retreat when reinforcements arrived. Half a dozen massive spiders crashed through the narrow band of trees remaining around the site to leap onto the defenders. Bolts fired by Argonnek and Wheatly ricocheted off the shells covering each spider's body.

"Fall back to the Ballista!" Kanet cried as his Warriors gathered around him, though he knew they were unlikely to reach the siege weapon before they were overwhelmed by the surviving Goblins and their spiders.

Before they could move though a flight of bolts arced out of the trees behind the invaders, the pure black fletching marking each shot as the sharpened heads plunged into Goblin bodies. As the slow moving spiders began to turn to face the new threat the shooters erupted from the trees, short swords swinging from every hand as they fell on the surviving Goblins.

"Charge!" Kanet yelled after a moments confusion, intending to make the most of the distraction.

Several of the new arrivals swung onto the legs of the spiders and clambered up, using small knives to get holds on the smooth legs. Piercing squeals filled the air as the massive beasts revealed their pain before they were silenced by a short sword to the head...

As the final spider fell unmoving to the ground the Thunderclan Warriors kept tight hold of their weapons as one of the arrivals approached, her black cloak and hood covering her features. Wary of potential treachery, Kanet and Argonnek moved to meet her. As the three of them met between their forces, Kanet's eyes wandered over the designs embroidered on the cloak. As his eyes caught on a particular symbol near the hood it was thrown back, revealing the battle scarred and weary face of a Dwarf.

"Kanet Fireshield." The Dwarf said, glancing at the soldiers behind Kanet. "Good to see you're still alive...along with your Warriors."

"And who might you be?" Argonnek asked, hands still clutching her crossbow.

"Shadow." The Dwarf replied. "Though to most I am known as Shedim, Leader of Shadowclan."

"We'd received word that the other clans were wiped out by Uktang." Kanet said, suspicion in his voice.

"Nearly wiped out." Shedim corrected. "After Spiderthorn fell I gathered what survivors I could and headed home to prepare for the next battle. Shadowkeep Island was a smoking ruin when I arrived though the destroyers had moved on. After hearing from others how the other clan holds had fallen I decided that fighting my way to Thunderclan territory was the best hope for survival."

"And how do we know you're not spies sent to infiltrate our ranks?" Kanet asked.

"With these." Shedim answered, tossing a small bag to the Leader. Opening it he found 4 blocks of marble, each engraved with the symbol of a clan. "You know as well as I that these are the lifeblood of the clans. A spy would not even know their purpose."

"All four clans are here...How did you get their symbols?" Argonnek asked.

"It took a great amount of work to recover them from the bodies of Num, Anriz and Iger. But with them their clans can survive...Once Uktang is killed." Shedim replied.

"Very well." Kanet decided, raising his voice to be heard by all. "Thunderclan and Shadowclan are now allies against the demon and his armies! We rise or fall together!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Shedim survived and escaped from Spiderthorn and has now arrived on Thunderclan soil to join our fight.  :D

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 03, 2011, 06:13:37 pm »

How did you do the spider thing?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 03, 2011, 07:26:09 pm »

Which spiders, the Fire Spiders or the giant shelled spiders?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 03, 2011, 07:29:59 pm »

Which spiders, the Fire Spiders or the giant shelled spiders?

I guess he means how you killed the spiders before Shadow arrived.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 03, 2011, 10:44:27 pm »

We didn't, Shadow and her people killed the spiders...They were also responsible for the flaming Goblins.

Sorry Argonnek, couldn't give you all the cool toys.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 106