Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131208 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: Returning To Greatness
« Reply #1395 on: March 15, 2011, 05:49:31 pm »

We should be back on schedule for a little while now. I had to take some time to familiarize myself with our new enemy but now I'm as familiar with the Vlagh and her Servants as I can be. Some tampering of my own may be in order before this battle is over though.

A few things though:

1. There will be many more Servants then the hooded ones as I have seen MANY more varieties.

2. The Vlagh WILL be taking a far more active role here then she did in the Land of Dhrall...As in fighting against the Dwarves.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1396 on: March 15, 2011, 10:16:31 pm »

We should be back on schedule for a little while now. I had to take some time to familiarize myself with our new enemy but now I'm as familiar with the Vlagh and her Servants as I can be. Some tampering of my own may be in order before this battle is over though.

A few things though:

1. There will be many more Servants then the hooded ones as I have seen MANY more varieties.

2. The Vlagh WILL be taking a far more active role here then she did in the Land of Dhrall...As in fighting against the Dwarves.

Yes as far as I remember there is like.. 5 varients. And I never got to get a good description of the Vlagh, but I only read book one. So I donno if you are reading the whole series (of which I envy you) but either way those servents are deadly critters. But The Vlagh does remind me of a Alien Queen form the "Alien" movies and comics (guess they are called Xenomorphs or some such) Now these dwarves are FUBAR

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 16, 2011, 12:28:30 am »

Yes I did read the whole series, just finished today actually. And actually there are more then 5...More like 12+...I think one of the most dangerous I know of are the Longbow-Bugs.  ;)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 16, 2011, 07:34:41 pm »

Spiderthorn

Armed with torches and plenty of bolts the units of Marksmen took up positions on the walls of Spiderthorn's keep as the daylight faded. Watching for signs of enemy troops the guards didn't even notice the trio of cloaked forms that broke off from the shadows and headed out into the city.

Campfires burned in the streets as the Goblin and Kobold troops gathered around to feast on the contents of the city storerooms. Saingur and his wolves patrolled the streets alongside groups of skeleton warriors, slaughtering any Dwarf they found while the wizards oversaw the looting, ensuring that any soldier who tried to pocket some of Uktang's spoils met with a slow and bloody end.

Remaining in the shadows the Dwarves continued through several blocks of burned out and collapsed buildings to reach the breach that had given this flood of evil an entrance.

As they looked out at the enemy camp Shedim turned to her clanmates. "We know what needs to be done." She said in a low whisper. "Do your jobs and don't get captured, we don't have the manpower to mount a rescue."

With that the Shadowclan Leader turned and dashed through the breach, keeping low as she led her companions out toward the enemy camp...While in the tunnels below the fort the hooded Servants of the Vlagh continued killing their way up to the surface.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 19, 2011, 12:15:06 pm »

And then the earth shook violently, and Armok's Blood erupted in great spouts killing all of the Goblin hoard and clearing the mines of the servents of the Vlagh... Wait thats in the books. lol, Nah its getting pretty intense. I for-see a grand last stand battle with a dwarf standing in the booze stock pile with a torch ready to light it saying "Suck It." as he blows everything sky high (Just like they did in "The Thing")

And now Uktang had wizards  :o

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 19, 2011, 03:18:09 pm »

...He's had wizards forever...Who do you think is in charge of all these mindless Undead?  ;D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 19, 2011, 05:14:36 pm »

Umm.. his Secratary of course. lol or his Brother-In-Law's ex Girlfriend's roommate's dog that knew a guy, with a degree in Necromancy. Other then that... Yeah wizards pretty much sum it up :P

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 24, 2011, 03:41:00 am »

Spiderthorn

Massive flames painted the sky and illuminated the ruined part of the city as Shedim weaved a path through the wrecked buildings, a number of slightly charred Gobliins following close behind. Cursing the bad luck that seemed to be plaguing her missions the Shadowclan Dwarf snapped a single, rather bulky bolt into place and fired blindly behind her.

Her aim proved perfect and the bolt slammed into the lead Goblin's eye. The greenskinned creature had about 5 seconds to scream in pain before the bulky part of the bolt broke apart and a horde of the small spiders that were so common in Shadowclan's territory rushed out, biting madly at the injured Goblin before moving on to the rest of the pursuing invaders. Once they had exhausted the supply of bitable things they scattered into the ruins, leaving the Goblins unmoving on the street.

Shedim was able to move more carefully after that and, sticking to the shadows once more, was able to reach the safety of the Dwarf controlled area and get back inside. She was relieved to find her two clanmates safe as well.

The streets of Spiderthorn were filled with activity as enemy soldiers made preparations to begin their attack. Dozens of the strange mounts used by the enemy had been taken for hauling wagons filled with loot out of the city and bringing in others that were parked in the plazas that dotted the city.

Inside the Dwarves refuge the remaining defenders were preparing as well. Armor and weapons were checked and rechecked and more were brought up from the rapidly emptying armory. Several Engineers hauled bundles of the long ballista bolts up to the walls while others adjusted the angles on the giant crossbows, trying to have a decent number aimed at the hordes of ground troops while at the same time being prepared to counter any moves made by the Vampires they could see circling lazily on the breeze.

Kurel, Shedim and Iger were hard at work planning the defence and sending squads to their places on the walls or beside the gates. There were few among the defenders who believed they might be able to push back the enemy hordes. Most were preparing themselves to die, vowing that they would go to Armok's realm fighting rather then suffer as a prisoner of the Goblins or their allies.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 24, 2011, 09:31:24 pm »

More and more I this story progresses the more it reminds me of LOTRBFME such awsomeness

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 25, 2011, 03:13:05 am »

I try...I think we're nearly at the end of the Spiderthorn sidestory so I'm trying to make it memorable since I don't know when that blasted Demon is going to show up at Flamebanner for the BIG final battle.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 25, 2011, 09:13:58 am »

Wheatley's journal

.......503543 barrels of booze in the stockpile, take one out, drink it empty, 503542 barrels of booze in the stockpile, take one out, drink it empty, 503541 barrels of booze in the stockpile, take one out, drink it empty, 503540 barrels of booze in the stockpile, take one ou-ZXDKOAURIXHIZHYFUIAUIASYJZIGYDSIFASDJZXKJZHAEIRAWIDYAFDJKFJHASIEUASDH

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 27, 2011, 09:31:47 pm »

Wow.... I've been setting off drawing for the longest time. I've drawn up some new sketches for Uktang, and Sir Nil is still a work in progress, Trying to make him look Bad-Ass but not over do it is difficult

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 27, 2011, 09:45:27 pm »

Spiderthorn

General Kurel and Shedim were staring in surprise at the mob of Dwarven and Goblin engineers that swarmed the plazas, assembling trebuchets and moving them into firing position. "I thought you destroyed their siege equipment!" Kurel said, gesturing at the rock throwers.

"We did, every engine we could find was burned. We should have expected them to bring in more." Shedim said, silently scolding herself for not thinking of such a thing earlier.

Gazing coldly at the bearded faces poking up over the ramparts, General Uzet signaled the engineers to commence firing on the wall. The assembled forces of Goblin and Kobold gripped their weapons tight, almost unable to wait for the slaughter that would begin once the wall fell.

The mood quickly changed to one of shock when the throwing arm of each trebuchet reached the top of it's arc...and snapped, showering the massed ranks with sharp chunks of wood and giant rocks. Screaming in rage Uzet ran the nearest engineer through with his sword before ordering the entire engineering crew executed.

As terrified screams rose from the mechanics and were silenced the Dwarf Thoth gazed at the walls, a smile on his face. Though he knew that his small contribution to the battle would almost certainly prove insubstantial he also knew that the enemy ranks had been decimated by what he had dubbed 'Kin Togal'.

As the executioners reached him, Thoth's mind settled, certain that his spirit would go to join Armok's despite his part in the first half of the Spiderthorn Siege.

With the loss of their siege engines the Goblins went to Plan B, ordering the Giants and Trolls forward to smash down the Dwarf gates. As they charged across the plaza, several falling as ballista bolts impaled them a spine-chilling roar echoed over the city...while just below the Dwarf's feet the hooded creatures heard their mother's call and, hissing, stepped aside to allow others to pass, shells scraping against the narrow corridor as the massive creatures skittered towards the surface.

Kurel and Shedim turned in horror as the solid granite doors of the fortress exploded outward, crushing several Dwarves before coming to rest. Out of the gaping hole skittered a trio of creatures both familiar to the Dwarves and at the same time strange: Giant Spiders, producers of such wonderful silk that  many Dwarven tailors had died trying to procure it for their shops.

But these Spiders looked like they had been tampered with, given a shell to protect their vulnerable bodies. Before the defenders could recover from the shock of both the new invasion and the terrible Spider-creatures, their was a hissing noise and hundreds of small hooded figures erupted from the darkness, charging at the Dwarves, who finally shook off their surprise and leapt into battle with their new enemy...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the Vlagh's Servants have finally made it to the surface.

WOW! Only just realized that I never changed the thread title to reflect current events...Silly me  :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:47:14 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: Siege of Spiderthorn
« Reply #1408 on: March 30, 2011, 12:35:42 am »

This thing is on long-term, indefinete hold. Mourning takes precedence  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: Siege of Spiderthorn
« Reply #1409 on: March 30, 2011, 12:37:36 am »

Oh noooooo

Who was it?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 106