Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131213 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: Returning To Greatness
« Reply #1365 on: February 19, 2011, 10:07:53 am »

Saingur was a Simple Human trainer, Period

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1366 on: February 19, 2011, 08:02:21 pm »

A transforming simple animal trainer. By the gods

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 24, 2011, 10:09:22 pm »

Apoligies for the delay, I'm considering the addition of a new enemy and if I use it I'll probably have it make an appearence in Spiderthorn first.

Good news though, Flamebanner is actually running faster! Not alot, but a noticable change.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 25, 2011, 10:42:16 am »

Well, i don't really see anything else worthy of working with a Demon-Goblin horde, unless what you are thinking are big stupid Jellyfishes

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 25, 2011, 02:42:39 pm »

could i get a miner/speardwarf? preferably male, name: Ahra
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 25, 2011, 10:40:32 pm »

Oh no Ratmen haha, Also Im back into drawing action. I have finally got a good facial construction of Sir Nil (at least one I like) and after him I will be doing a redraw of a previous creature I had drawn poorly before, Who would have thought raging at work would have brought my talent out again (which my job reminds me so much of DF)

And welcome Ahra. I wonder what a Miner/Speardwarf would look like (even tho the "/" means "either, or") still would make a awsome backdrop

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 26, 2011, 02:00:54 am »

Ahra: Welcome to the fortress :) Good timing, I still have many unclaimed soldiers.

Hugo: Not Ratmen, Something far worse. I've decided to go ahead with the new enemy and will be updating the Spiderthorn battle as soon as I decide how to introduce the new leader and it's army.  ;D

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 03, 2011, 06:35:48 am »

They'd walk in while the goblin army is getting it's ass handed to

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 03, 2011, 11:12:34 pm »

They'd walk in while the goblin army is getting it's ass handed to

And they'd be like "Sup bitches, lets kick some dwarf ass and call it a day eh?" That's right Gangsters from Canada

EDIT: Drawing was halted, due to somebody willing to pay me for some of my art. Sickness. So I as contracted for a few logos and banners. But if I get time I will work on art for here (kinda contradicts me saying its halted lol)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:16:49 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 04, 2011, 02:56:00 am »

Sethalkurik (Spiderthorn)

The screeching grew louder as dozens of massive winged creatures dropped from the cloud cover and soared towards the walls. A quick order from Num sent a barrage of bolts arcing through the air to tear at the approaching enemies and though several fell dead the bulk of the enemy succeeded in their flying charge.

As they passed over the battlements the huge bat's features melted together briefly before reforming into an army of pale, black armored soldiers, swords out and eyes gazing over their opponents. Lord Silverthorne stepped forward, smiling as he watched the defenders take a step back.

"The General is most annoyed with you I'm afraid." Silverthorne said casually. "He insists that we clear you off these walls..." His next words were lost as Num fired his crossbow, his Warriors following his lead.

Without a sound the Vampires resumed their bat shapes and flapped high out of range before dropping back to the wall and resuming their position.

"I can see that further conversation is going to be a waste of time." Silverthorne continued as if nothing had happened. "Very well then, we'll just move straight to the fighting." With the same casual manner the Vampire Lord grabbed the nearest Dwarf and tore his throat out. Momentarily stunned the Warriors of Windclan charged forward, axes and swords swinging to meet those of the Vampiric soldiers.

Meanwhile, the Stingtails resumed their own attack on the Western wall, killing more Dwarves while bone ladders were set in place and skeletons began climbing, drawing weapons and ruthlessly slaughtering the wounded and dying before turning to those who continued to fight.

From his vantage point General Kurel saw the Western defenses on the verge of collapse and gave the order for the second force of Riverclan Warriors to head there as backup.

Following their Deputy the Warriors charged the growing number of skeletons on the wall, hacking and slashing with their weapons while Stingtails whirred around them, trying uselessly to penetrate their thick armor.

As bony limbs began to litter the narrow battlefield a unit of Warriors cut their way through to the ladders, using massive battle axes to shatter the bones and leaving the Undead army with no way up the wall.

Proud of that bit of work the Dwarves turned their attention back to the invaders.

Num staggered backwards, blood trickling down his face from a shallow cut above one eye. Around him the Warriors of Windclan fell, cut down by the vampires lightning fast blades or worse, with throats torn out as the Vampires feasted.

Tightening the grip on his battle axe the Windclan Leader swung hard for Silverthorne's head, the blow easily parried but leaving the Lord open. Quickly reversing the axe blade Num sent it hurtling toward the Vampire's armored torso, rewarded with a pained grunt as the blade tore into the dark armor.

"It seems some of your kind are capable of more then dying." Silverthorne said respectfully. "However, I think you'll find yourself no match for one who needs no rest." He observed, before lunging forward, intending to catch Num off guard. He was a skilled Warrior however and sidestepped the attack before following up with one of his own, aimed at the same spot he had hit before.

Though this time the blow was blocked and Num noticed that all marks of the previous injury were gone. "Did I forget to mention that we Vampires heal incredibly fast?" Silverthorne questioned as he swung for Num's legs. "I could have sworn I mentioned that..."

Though his armor stopped the brunt of the attack Num's legs got tangled up with the Vampires sword and he ended up sprawled on the ground.

The Dwarf didn't even have a chance to try getting up before a sword blade was rammed into his lower body. Lord Silverthorne kicked Num's axe away from his the Dwarf's grasping hand as he shook his head.

"Like I said, There is no way you can stand against someone like me." He watched for a moment as the Dwarf's face contorted in pain as blood flowed from his wound. "There are more Warriors out there Vampire." Num said, struggling to get the words out. "Someday you will be defeated and I pray to Armok that I'm able to see it."

"I'm afraid you won't be leaving this place." The Vampire said, as he raised his sword. "You were an honorable opponent though so I will grant you a quick death." With that the Vampire Lord brought his sword down to remove Num's head.

As he wiped his blade clean, he turned to watch as the remainder of the Windclan Warriors were killed, falling before the might of his army.

The death of Num and the loss of Windclan's entire force was a great blow to the Dwarves. Though the fighting continued the Vampires controlled part of Spiderthorn's wall and Kurel knew it was only a matter of time before the enemy used that to their advantage.

Below the city, an old wall crumbled, the sound echoing through the abandoned tunnels as the diggers moved aside to allow a column of gray hooded figures to pass through the broken wall...Into the depths of Spiderthorn.

The enemy has gained a foothold...or two. And yes, that last part was the introduction of the newest foe.  ;)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 05, 2011, 10:40:53 pm »

Grey....hooded......figure?

OHSHIT KOBOLD-GOBLINS

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 05, 2011, 11:30:16 pm »

No, we already have Kobolds and Goblins so it would be silly to use them again.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 06, 2011, 10:56:38 pm »

The grey hooded figures remind me of the offspring of "That called Vlaugh" form The Elder Gods series. Where they are a mixture of mammal, reptile, insect. They have poisonous fangs and barbs in their arms, But are not immune to their own poison which causes an exstreamly but quick death (probally 10secs to death), they also weave grey hoods from silk they produce.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 07, 2011, 02:01:07 am »

And Hugo hits it on the head! The Vlagh and it's servants have joined the growing alliance of things that want to kill us. Recently discovered the series and liked the idea  :D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 07, 2011, 11:01:46 pm »

And Hugo hits it on the head! The Vlagh and it's servants have joined the growing alliance of things that want to kill us. Recently discovered the series and liked the idea  :D
Haha I got that book from a girl as a b-day gift when I was in grade 10, but book one "the dreamers" is the only one I have. Saddly book critics ruined the series for me. those bastards. they reveled too much and spoiled it. But another good series is Lord of the Isles, which turns into King of the Isles. I did enjoy the Artimis Fowl books as well as the "Wheel of Time" and "A Song of Fire and Ice" very well written books.

End derailing

OMG!!! they are so screwed
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 106