Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131206 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2009, 11:04:01 pm »

10th Galena

Inside the hotel the majority of the fortress was gathered. The children peeping into the pit from which the sounds of metal on stone were echoing from as the older Dwarves admired Barbarossa's engravings. The crowd quieted as Orwen came to stand on a hastily constructed platform with Kornash at her side, pick in hand.

"Thanks for coming everyone. In a few minutes we'll be putting the finishing touch on this room which will become one of the great attractions of this hotel." As the crowd began discussing the possibilities for the new room the sounds of work from below quieted. Orwen signalled for quiet again and nodded to Kornash who marched to the wall above the pit and proceeded to break through to the brook. As water flowed into the pit the crowd began to file out, Sarek already announcing that he was throwing a party to celebrate.

Everyone stopped as a shout rose from the pit followed by a string of curses muffled by the flowing water. A few moments later the crowd parted to allow Legolord through. Close behind him came Barbarossa, water dripping off her clothes and beard. Glaring at Orwen she shouted "Next time make sure I'm OUT of the room before you fill it with water! Turning she stomped away toward the fortress, in search of a mug of rum...or maybe a barrel of rum.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
As promised here are the skills that the members of Flamebanner possess. I didn't include social skills, grower or skills that don't pertain to their job.

Hawkfrost: legendary wrestler, shield, armor user
Vabok: legendary wrestler, dabbling armor, shield user
Wok: legendary wrestler, talented shield, skilled armor, talented sword
Sir Nil: legendary wrestler, proficient armor, professional shield, expert hammer

Kornash: legendary miner, novice mason,, dabbling wrestler, proficient building designer
Plank of Wood: master wood cutter, great carpenter, dabbling axe, dabbling wrestler
Barbarossa: legendary engraver
Korgan: accomplished mason, proficient mechanic, expert carpenter, expert woodcutter
Sarek: proficient weaponsmith, talented armorsmith
Zaneg: novice metalcrafter, novice metalsmith, legendary furnace operator
Kadol: skilled metalsmith
Rakust: skilled gem cutter, gem setter
Newb: professional stone crafter, skilled bone carver, adept wrestler
Skid: master brewer, adept cook, competent wrestler
Vabok: competent butcher, competent tanner, dabbling leatherworker
Jillian: legendary grower, proficient herbalist
Orwen: dabbling mason
Legolord: novice glassmaker
Ushat: dabbling animal trainer
Akhier: mechanic

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2009, 05:51:16 am »

ahh man I'd left this fortress awhile and now I have read it all the way through I have to say great work your writing has really improved from good to great keep it up.  :D (also kudos on the new story style writing)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:05:05 am by Flintus10 »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2009, 09:04:28 am »

It'd be nice if Barbarossa got some minor training with a weapon, so that she can join the militia if the army can't stop them goblins in time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2009, 02:08:14 pm »

Barbarossa: Any preference for your weapon training? If not then you'll be trained with the sword

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2009, 03:39:11 pm »

I personally like Hammers.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »

Hammer it is then

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2009, 07:50:19 pm »

I'm only a novice glassmaker?  I don't have any other skills?  Oh well. 
You better watch out, Orwen  ;D
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2009, 08:50:04 pm »

I haven't paid much attention to the glass industry lately. I had enough made to cover a mood or 2 (which we still lack) but then I got sidetracked by the hotel. Soon, I should be needing more for a few small projects.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2009, 09:09:01 pm »

Can glass be engraved? always wondered.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2009, 09:20:02 pm »

Not that I'm aware of

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2009, 10:42:43 pm »

Fireheart's Journal 23rd Galena

A snatcher was captured in the cages today.

25th Galena

Another snatcher was discovered by a kitten on the workshop level. The kitten then proceeded to chase him outside and into a cage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2009, 10:48:32 pm »

That kitten shall be engraved into the hall of legends!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2009, 11:08:21 pm »

2nd Limestone

Fireheart stood in the hallway outside the workshops handing out a new batch of work orders to Plank of Wood for more bins as well as Sarek and his metalworkers for more golden furniture. As he turned to have a word with Orwen about one of the orders shouts came from below and Mosus Dwelledcloister, one of the children came rushing up the stairs. Shoving roughly past Fireheart and the workers he vanished into the Crafts shop.

As everyone commented on the childs rudeness Mosus reappeared, shoving past everyone again to vanish around a corner and return a second later with a turtle shell. When he repeated the shoving to return with 2 more turtle shells the gathered workers realized that what they were seeing wasn't a rude child playing in the workshop but a the spirit of some ancient craftsdwarf possessing the child in order to complete his lifes work. Everyone stepped aside as Mosus rushed past with a limestone block, slamming the door of the workshop behind him. As the group dispersed they could hear the sounds of metal tools on stone as the young crafters hands were guided by his ancient visitor.

4th Limestone

Most of the workforce of Flamebanner was in the Dining Hall preparing for the day. Along one wall Sarek and his team were piling plates with food before going to work the forges and smelters while Hawkfrost and Vabok stumbled in from the night watch in search of some rum and a few hours rest before they returned to duty.

Everyone turned as the doors were pushed open and young Mosus walked in. His clothes were dusty and he was covered with sweat but he held the most amazing bracelet any of them had ever seen. As he dropped his creation on the table and grabbed a mug of rum from Akhier's hand the rest of the fort gathered to admire the creation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skid asked the child what he had called his bracelet and he responded "Kobemkekim, Troublesplatters" before he dropped to the nearest chair from exhaustion and alcohol deprivation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that my luck has changed. We finally got a possession. Hopefully many more will follow.

Barbarossa: I wouldn't be surprised if it did get engraved somewhere. I'd probably never find it among all your engravings though.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2009, 12:32:00 am »

14th Limestone

As Fireheart made his way up from his room to check on the progress of various work orders he tripped over a pile of bloodstained Goblin tunics, several bars of metal and a crossbow. As he picked himself up he saw more items lying in corners and overflowing out of workshops. Grabbing the nearest Dwarf, who happened to be the gemworker Rakust he asked "Why is there so much junk in the hallways? Thats why we have such huge storerooms." Rakust replied nervously "The storerooms are full sir." Upon hearing this Fireheart rushed to the entrance to the main storeroom. He was dismayed by what he saw. There was so much junk piled in front of the doors he couldn't see, much less get to anything more then a few feet inside.
Returning to Rakust he ran a hand through his beard in thought. After a moment he nodded to himself. Raising his voice to be heard above the noise of the workshops he bellowed "Kornash!!" A few moments later Kornash appeared, tripped over some piece of junk and crashed to the floor. "Thats what I wanted to talk to you about." Fireheart siad as Kornash got to his feet. "There is entirely to much stuff around here that we aren't using. I want you to go to the forgeworks and dig a chute into the magma pipeline that feeds the forges." "Rakust, I want you to find some idle hands to gather up everything we aren't using thats strewn in the hallways and cluttering the storerooms. Take it all to the forgeworks and toss it into the magma." As the 2 Dwarves ran off he picked his way down the hallway to check in with Plank of Wood.

15th Limestone

A shout from the gatehouse alerted the civilian population of Flamebanner to one of the best things that arrived. "Traders!!" The Dwarves swarmed out of the gates to stock the depot with bins of Goblin clothing and await any news from their families in the Mountainhomes.

A dwarf dressed in fine traveling clothes and a cape of purple silk emblazoned with the symbol of the Traders Guild approached the gates. He grinned when he saw Fireheart coming through the crowd. "Fireheart Imushlar!" Still alive and prospering I see." he said as Fireheart approached. "Its been a good year Rakust but we're buried under goods to trade." Fireheart responded. With a laugh Rakust said "I have 7 wagons on their way in along with the packmules so we should be able to lighten your storerooms." The 2 disappeared into the fortress to discuss the terms of the years trading.
------------------------------------------------------------
A major update is coming in a few hours. As soon as I figure out how I want to write it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 12:59:01 am by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2009, 03:46:54 pm »

16th Limestone

The gate guards stood watching the line of wagons moving along the road. "Nothings going to happen with all those armed Dwarves watching for trouble." Hawkfrost said to Vabok. Vabok didn't answer, keeping his eyes on the approaching caravan. Shaking her head Hawkfrost continued. "I'm going in for a drink. Not even a Goblin would be insane enough to attack now."

As Hawkfrost vanished into the fortress Vabok turned back to the road as the wagons approached the bridge. As he watched he saw one of the lead wagons horses stumble and fall, bringing the entire caravan to a halt. He started forward to help as several Goblin Lashers sprang from the bushes, flicking their iron tipped whips around arms and legs and dragging their owners to the ground. 3 Lashers rushed Vabok as he came over the bridge but were sent flying by his fists to land broken a few feet away. The merchant guards had managed to dispatch the other 3 and were kicking bodies and limbs off the road. Vabok returned to the fortress to find Fireheart and make his report.

Moments later another raiding party appeared. 6 Speargobs led by a Wrestler. Several guards were injured but they managed to drive the Goblins into death.

With the danger gone several civilians rushed outside to grab clothing or armor off the dead Goblins as the merchant wagons continued on to the fortress gates and the awaited profits...
--------------------------------------------------------------
Have to continue this update later but in the meantime, comments? predictions? Dwarf requests?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106