Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131245 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: Summer of Blood and Chaos
« Reply #1290 on: December 30, 2010, 01:43:49 pm »

I see three options

Option A : Shut the doors , crave some forifications and pester the colossus with bolts

Option B : Kick the frontgate down and charge the colossus

Option C : Make the colossus melt

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 30, 2010, 02:02:36 pm »

Option C : Make the colossus melt

No, we are done with that. C is no longer valid as we're rearmed now.

A is far too cowardly for Flamebanner. If we can't handle a Colossus face to face then we deserve any damage he causes. Fortifications will play their part in history but not yet.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 30, 2010, 09:15:37 pm »

Weird, it seems that some of our prisoners escaped somehow. I don't really understand how since the only possibility I can think of is that Ushat freed them while he was decorating everything he could get his hands on but I would surely have heard about it if Undead and Goblin soldiers were running free.

The Titan and the Dragon are still there though so at least we didn't lose anyone important  :D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:17 am »

8th Slate Continued

The Barracks of Flamebanner was a storm of activity as Kol delivered the last pieces of equipment and the Warriors rushed to rearm while Kanet and Argonnek decided on the best way to tackle a Bronze Colossus with only 5 Warriors.

As Kigok stepped out of the ammo room with a load of sharp iron bolts sticking out of her quiver she watched Derek and Sable picking out their own gear.

Ever since Kanet ordered the weapons reforged Sable had been the only one armed as she still weilded Hawkfrost's axe Flamequill. In addition she had claimed the buckler Chasmshield which was now strapped to her back. As Sable quietly polished her axe Derek was strapping his new twin blades into place along with a shield bearing the symbol of Flamebanner.

All 3 Warriors looked up from their work as their Leader and Deputy came in. Argonnek seemed quite happy to have a crossbow in her hands again and had already prepared plenty of her special bolts. Kanet looked positively deadly with so many weapons either hanging from his belt or strapped to his armor.

"We've come up with a plan." Kanet said. "This creature will never know what hit him."

Giant sword in hand, Liwa tramped through the woods surrounding the Dwarves puny fortress, crushing dozens of trees with every step. The thought briefly crossed Argonnek's mind that it was a good thing the Elves weren't here as they would surely find a way to blame all the destruction on Thunderclan.

"Now!" Kanet shouted as the colossal invader paused beside the outer walls. Almost instantly a trio of bolts shot from the trees, exploding against the beast's bronze hide with little effect as Kanet rushed out, pulling his hammer free as he ran and leaping onto a metal foot. The blow of the hammer proved as ineffective as Argonnek's crossbow fire.

Looking down, Liwa shook his foot casually, flinging the Thunderclan Leader into the branches of the tree where the Marksmen were stationed. They spent several minutes untangling his limbs from the trees as the remaining Warriors made their move.

Derek ran out of the shadows of the wall with Sable. As the pair neared Liwa's left leg they drew weapons and attacked. Derek's swords merely bounced off leaving little more then scratches in the shiny bronze. Sable found more luck as Flamequill bit deeply into the creature's big toe.

A metallic screech erupted from Liwa's mouth as the pain took him by surprise. His own weapon proved useless amid the trees and the only thing a swing accomplished was tearing a few feet of the wall apart. Dropping the unusable weapon the Colossus instead began trying to step on the pests at his feet.

Kanet and the Marksmen barely managed to leap out of their perch before a metal foot crushed it into toothpicks. "Derek! You know what to do!" Kanet yelled over the monster's screams of fury.

Nodding to show he'd heard the Decapitator stepped out into the open and started taunting the beast. Mind clouded by fury, Liwa took the bait and as soon as his arm came down Derek stabbed a sword into it and rode the arm back up, hanging on for dear life as the arm swung around wildly.

Finally the Dwarf was able to swing over to the colossus's shoulder and drawing his second sword, prepared to make his greatest decapitation ever. Liwa was not as dumb as he looked though and before he could strike he was shaken off. Luckily it seemed Armok had no interest in a Dwarf pancake and the Warrior's fall was abruptly stopped when he sank a long dagger into the bronze leg.

The invader's next move was quick and effective as it brought it's foot down on Sable, crushing her beneath it's weight.

The remaining four soldiers were frozen by shock as the gigantic beast turned it's attention on them. Another scream erupted from Liwa as a hole was broken in his foot and Sable climbed out. Furious at the puny creature's attempt to mock his greatness  by surviving Liwa scooped the Dwarf up in his hands, intending to finish her permanently.

A small amused smile took it's place on Sable's face as she closed her eyes. Seconds passed and Flamequill began to give off a slight glow which intensified until the blade of the axe burst into flames, burning white hot. A final scream of pure agony was cut off as Liwa's hands and arms began to melt. The axe's magic quickly spread and before long rivers of molten bronze were running down the Colossus's face. The legs were the last part of the beast to be effected but once they went the molten remains of Liwa Savagecalled sank to the ground.

Derek and Kigok rushed over and helped their friend free herself from the mass of metal. As soon as she was clear her eyes popped open and she sank to the ground, while the flames around her axe died to nothing.

After taking a few minutes to recover her strength she looked over at Derek with a grin. "You're falling behind." She said. "You may hold the kill record but now you're the only Senior Warrior who hasn't brought down a Megabeast."

"Next time." Derek said returning the Warrior's grin.

"Good luck with that. There can't be too many beasts like that left in the world and those that are seem more likely to hide then come here looking for death." With a laugh she turned and headed for the gates. Behind her the remains of Liwa cooled into a perfectly detailed likeness of a Dwarf with axe at the ready...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sable got that kill. The other 4 got nowhere but as soon as Sable finished her drink and showed up Liwa died. I also have decided Sable will be getting the bronze statue as a trophy. Other trophies will be given out as well. We do have 2 Titans that have died here after all.  ;)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 06, 2011, 12:05:33 am »

Mod??? What mod???
The collection of modifications to the RAWs that makes up Flamerbanner. Undead attacking in siege form isn't normal, is it?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 06, 2011, 12:48:27 am »

Ah, you threw me off there, I thought you meant one of the big mods in the modding section...Though I did get the Undead files from a thread there so it's almost the same thing...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1296 on: January 07, 2011, 10:07:58 pm »

Just finished reading this, start to here. This is good material, as I was reading I was tempted to make 3D models of dwarves, kobolds, goblins, undead, and the various other non-exsistant creatures. But since my workspace is incomplete atm as well as learning to use my new moddeling/animation suite. Other then that I'd like to be dwarfed

Name: Hugo
Professon: Drunk Defender
Skills: All around metal worker (furnace,weapon,armor,crafts,blacksmith)
as well as a Axelord
Background: Hugo was born in a small human town called Fangedgrasps (parents were POW's), at the age of 16 he got addicted to "Sunshine" made in a barrel in his friend's House (Human that he grew up with). But after elves getting mad at the fact the citizens of Fangedgrasps lived in wooden houses, and clear cut forests, waged war killing Hugo's parents of which he watched them devour his parents. Hugo and his friend (Utib Oilpaged) fled to a nearby mountinhome, were Hugo took up metal working and using a axe. (He was better and hacking bodliy limbs then tree limbs) and Utib was quickly adopted as a dwarf (A skinnier and taller dwarf) due to his expertise in brewing. But Utib's liver failed after 24 years on a dwarven diet, Hugo had spent all his time with Utib until Alchol Poisoning took him. All that Hugo has left of his closest friend is the *Pig Tail Cloak* dyed midnight blue that he gave Utib the 8th year they lived in the Mountinhome.

Edit: Hugo loathes every elf, and has to stay in his room or leave the preassence of elves when they come to trade, least he murders them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:10:57 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 08, 2011, 02:24:17 am »

Nice to see I'm impressing people with my writing. Your request for a Dwarf is actually timed quite well so you should be Dwarfed in the next update.  :D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 08, 2011, 11:00:35 pm »

I'm planning to resume updates sometime tomorrow since my Chronicle related inspiration seems to have run dry for the moment...and here I thought the second Chronicle would be easier...Silly me  :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1299 on: January 09, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »

Its alright, just as long as Hugo doesnt get himself killed, It would be horrible if he lost his favourite Flask that used to be his Friend's.

P.S. I've got stumped on what to write for my story as well, plus I've been halted due to word perfect failing  >:(

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:54 am »

It turns out I was about 10 seconds from a second Colossus. I unpaused and almost instantly got the message. This one is nearer the Eastern cages though so I may be able to capture it...unless someone wants to attempt combat with it?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 11, 2011, 02:56:49 am »

I suggest Beating it to death

Let the Big-Giant-modded Bronze Colossus attempt the Cages first , he gets past it , Beat him to death

(also , Four hundred thousand goes to the bet that dermonster Is going to suggest "Combat")

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 11, 2011, 07:45:00 am »

MORTAL COOOOMBAAAAAT
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 11, 2011, 01:17:43 pm »

All right then, if he ignores the cages then mortal combat it is. The fight will be to the death, no savescumming. If Derek falls in the battle then he will join Armok and the others.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 11, 2011, 03:30:25 pm »

You will give it the epic narrating sequence, yes?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 106