Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131287 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1140 on: August 06, 2010, 02:02:54 am »

I don't think Teleport killing works well...Or at least teleporting enemies 10 z-levels above ground doesn't  :D

Worth a try though...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 06, 2010, 02:24:43 am »

I'm starting to think I may have run afoul of a bug...Which is quite bad as my back-up is not nearly as recent as I thought...Its off by about 4 years: before the wall, before Wok died, before many, many things... :o

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 06, 2010, 09:31:46 am »

the Game doesn't Register a Siege as over unless the Final Kill is Confirmed , which means that Ticking "Killed" and "Dead" in the DC won't work , i might Suggest Turning one of them Berzerk , and another one , and repeat until the entire Sieging Army is Killed by their own Kind

Or Use Crossbows , or a Ramp

Also , its at your Leisure to Find a Way to Kill them , i am just giving Suggestions
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:35:09 am by Ze Spy »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:27 pm »

When a creature dies, it will have two deceased tags checked. You need to find someone who came in the last siege who only has one of these tags checked, causing the game to think he is dead but not having registered him as having died.

If worse comes to worse, you could post the bugged save and let someone try to fix it for you.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 06, 2010, 07:02:21 pm »

I am going to be checking Undead for a LONG time. I guess I can always try killing off the 15 Undead prisoners we have and see if that helps.

We're on break until I solve this one way or another...

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 07, 2010, 11:28:33 pm »

i know what your avatar is from.  :-\
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 12, 2010, 07:24:30 pm »

Alright, I can't seem to find a solution here so I've decided to allow others to try. Maybe they'll find something I missed.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2938

That is the link to the file which contains a copy of the save as well as a copy of my raws since I think they would be needed to load the fort properly.

Let's hope someone can find the cause of this annoyance as I'd really hate to lose all the stuff thats happened.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 12, 2010, 11:20:27 pm »

Turns out Argonnek's squad could reach the guys on the west side of the map scaring everybody. When I killed them, I got the siege to lift. Using Dwarf Companion to kill does not trigger whatever it is that lifts sieges.

false edit: this takes a damn long time to save.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2940
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:42:21 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 13, 2010, 01:28:43 am »

Yeah it does, better then not saving at all though.

Thanks for the help, I guess I missed a path when I was trying to get dwarves up there. Good to know for future reference  :D

EDIT: OH MY GOD! I feel like such an idiot now. Out of curiosity I went back and looked for the path you used and realized that it was the same one I found before when I was trying to get dwarves to the fight. For some reason I assumed that because the X was red (due to being so close to the border) that I couldn't station there just like you can't build that close.

Thanks for pointing out a dumb move to me Dark. At least the fort can move on as planned now.

And the fort is safely backed up at this point...Now I just need to remember to update the backup more often...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:48:34 am by thunderclan »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 13, 2010, 03:57:27 am »

Late Post , But i Found out that its Possible to Use DC To Teleport-Drop them into a Incredible 20-Z-level Journey To Their Deaths

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:50 am »

this is amazing...I come back just in time to find out my dwarf's lover survives, and also, he finally starts pulling his weight instead of just saying, "hey..i killed a titan that one time ya know."  I'm pretty sure the rest of the clan is tired of hearing that same story... perhaps i"ll have tanak visit him in a dream....

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 16, 2010, 12:33:08 am »

Go Firetower! Fight off thine injuries!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 05, 2010, 01:31:18 am »

20th Malachite

Argonnek was on watch at the main gates, listening to the crackle of the torches mounted on either side and the sounds of the animals prowling out in the shadows. The sound of metal clanking against metal shook the Dwarf out of her thoughts and onto full alert.

The Marksdwarf already had a bolt loaded and her dagger loose in its sheath when a Dwarf entered the ring of light thrown by the torches. Even with the stranger's helmet closed Argonnek knew this was someone new. No Warrior in Flamebanner had a full set of steel armor.

Remaining wary in case this was a traitor Dwarf, one of those raised by the Goblins from the time they were taken to be as bloodthirsty as their green skinned masters.

"What settlement is this?" The stranger asked, removing his sword and tossing it at Argonnek's feet. "Flamebanner." She replied, lowering her crossbow and sliding the sword around behind her, out of reach of the Dwarf.

"Luck must have been with us today." He replied. "We've been fleeing from Uktang's forces and those of his allies for weeks."

"We?" Argonnek asked, only now noticing the trio that stood at the very edge of the light. Another soldier, armed with a blood soaked spear watched over a peasant and a Dwarf dressed in the rough clothing of a farmer. Now that she was noticing such things Argonnek could see that all 4 arrivals sported wounds and their clothes and armor retained traces of blood.

"You should have Mothwing check out those injuries." She replied at last. "Then I believe Firetower will want to hear what you can tell us about Uktang and his allies."

"Thank you." The Swordsdwarf replied, the relief obvious in his voice as Argonnek ushered them through the gates...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, we're back again. And this time with 4 new arrivals  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 05, 2010, 02:03:41 am »

Oh good, I was just wondering when the next update would be.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 15, 2010, 07:09:47 pm »

Wow, the whole not expecting migrants thing kind of threw me off. Took a while to figure out how to work them into the story.

Also, my records only show Wheatly as needing to be added to the story. Anyone I missed who hasn't been Dwarfed yet?

Update will be forthcoming...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:16:02 pm by thunderclan »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 106