Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131416 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1050 on: May 20, 2010, 05:02:18 pm »

Derek's battle poem:

Slice and Dice, Cut and Hack
Those who kill dwarf kind
Bash and Smash, Crack and Clack
those who end our line

Move and thrust, Hit the Dust
The fate of those green slime
Stay in the Fray, Slay away,
Those who end our time

Stand and fight, With your might
Those who are our pride
Charge and Battle, through the night
For those who will not die

Chase and hunt, the little grunt,
For those who run away
Sing a song, Cheer the crowd.
Flamebanner will not Stray.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 05:05:29 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 20, 2010, 10:01:02 pm »

(I like the poem  :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the remaining Warriors split between them Firetower and Kanet ran to join the battle as more civilians fell unmoving to the ground.

Ducking under a hammer swing Firetower sank his spearhead deep into the belly of the Goblin wielding the hammer. As the green creature squealed in pain Firetower withdrew his weapon and kicked the bleeding Goblin's weapon away.

Nearby Argonnek and Kanet were firing bolts into a trio of Wrestlers, though with little effect. As the invaders closed in the Thunderclan Deputy swung the bow onto his back and drew a sword from his belt before charging into sword range while Argonnek reached into the quiver she wore at her side and withdrew a pair of her specially made bolts.

Kanet parried a fist with his sword before twisting around and taking off the entire hand. One of the Wrestlers took a leap and kicked the Deputy in the face while his 1 handed partner knocked the Dwarf's legs out from under him.

As the air was knocked out of him Kanet heard the twang of a crossbow. The Goblins glanced toward the sound as a bolt appeared in each of their stomachs. As arcs of lightning started flashing across their skin the Goblins gritted their teeth and split up, the 1 handed attacks charging Argonnek while the other remained to fight Kanet.

Grabbing a hammer from a dead Goblin the Wrestler swung and as the heavy metal head came down toward him Kanet rolled aside and brought Chasmshield around as he stood. Blocking the next blow of the hammer and another kick the Deputy swung his blade and as the unlucky creature tried to duck took off its head.
Derek was happily carving through any Goblin who came near him. The swords were soaked with blood but the number of enemies still alive pleased the Warrior as he lopped the left leg off a Goblin that foolishly charged him.

Sable and Ingtak were a few yards away fighting back to back with a Goblin Swordmaster. Flamequill left a hint of flame as it swung and was blocked by the Master's fancy sword. The spiked crossbow butt that impacted his side brought a grunt of pain from the otherwise silent creature as he continued his attack on the Dwarves.
Firetower's spear sunk into a Wrestler's shoulder as the Dwarf swung around, driving the injured Goblin into one of his comrades. They quickly disentangled and jumped the Leader who was unable to use the spear before he was forced to the ground by the weight of 2 Goblins. Another approached the group and Firetower could tell from the hammer carved with scenes of Goblin-inflicted death and mayhem that this was a Hammerlord.

A cruel smile crossed the greenskin's face as he brought his weapon down on the neck of the Thunderclan Leader...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More civilians dead, the count is growing...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 20, 2010, 10:04:58 pm »

Glad you like it. Feel free to edit it in the first post as a showcase or whatever.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 20, 2010, 10:09:54 pm »

Wait, am I dead?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 20, 2010, 10:59:50 pm »

Once more Firetower found himself among the Dwarves who lived on under Armok's fiery gaze.

"Welcome Doldinn." A voice spoke from behind him. Whirling around he found himself facing Arzez, the light from the magma glittering off the jeweled swords at his waist.

"You have lost your first life in the defense of your Clan and have joined your Ancestors." The dead Warrior said as he gestured to the empty space beside him. Upon closer inspection Doldinn could just make out the faint fiery outline of himself.

"Your body has recovered from the injuries inflicted upon it." Arzez said. "You may return to your battle..."

Firetower collapsed to the ground as the light of the magma vanished...
Eyes popping open, Firetower glanced quickly around and found the battle still raging and Sable standing guard over his body. The young Dwarf was startled when her Leader rose to his feet and glanced around. "My spear?" He asked as his eyes searched the ground. "The Hammerlord took it sir." Sable stammered.

Cursing Firetower drew the spear he had been using for practice from his back. He glanced disgustedly at the wooden toothpick. The thing didn't look like it could hurt anything bigger then a trout but it would have to do.

Running back into the battle with Sable a few steps behind the Leader sized up the situation. Derek was still carving away at the Goblins while the younger Warriors overpowered their foes with numbers. As his eyes swept the field he spotted his weapon. The Hammerlord was wearing it on his back like a trophy.

Ducking his way through several fights the Dwarf barreled into the Goblin. "I'll have my spear back if you don't mind." He growled as he reached for it. "I think not." The Goblin replied as he swung at Firetower. "I don't know how you survived but this time I'll make sure you stay dead!"

"Your choice." Firetower said before springing into action. Planting the spear head into the ground he sprung at the Hammerlord, smashing into his chest with both feet. Drawing his dagger he sank it into the Goblin's shoulder before tearing his spear free of the greenskin's back.

Rolling as he hit the ground he threw the wooden toothpick which glanced harmlessly off the shield that swung around to block it but also distracted the Goblin from the real threat until it was too late. As he tore the spear free of the Hammerlord's skull screams rose from the hills along with the sounds of battle...
A Swordsman screamed as flames consumed him. Argonnek's aim had been perfect and her new bolt had proven itself very handy. As Gizmo ran away as fast as he could while holding a hand over his left eye, Argonnek took a bolt to the hip. Glancing upwards she saw a small group of enemy Marksmen firing down on the Dwarves. Before she could return fire or take cover the Goblins screamed in fear.

A moment later the ground broke open, yawning into a chasm that sent the Goblin's screaming into it's depths before closing up again. A greenish light rose up from the ground and went streaking away. Argonnek's eyes followed it until it vanished into the buckler Kanet was holding as he came toward her.

"I guess Chasmshield isn't such an odd name now." The Deputy said with a grin...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barbarossa, you are dead but not dead dead. You have 8 lives left of the 9 you were granted as a Leader. That part wasn't just story, I meant it when I said Leaders get 9 lives.

Also we lost more civilians...and a donkey

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 20, 2010, 11:25:44 pm »

Whew, I thought I was a goner.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 20, 2010, 11:30:09 pm »

Probably not for a while yet...Though those lives can be ripped away pretty fast...and they won't help if you're beheaded or something...

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 20, 2010, 11:50:45 pm »

Did... He actually kill those?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 21, 2010, 12:21:51 am »

Actually...I have no idea  ???

There was so much going on during that battle and afterward that I couldn't keep track of who killed what. I'm going to include a fresh kill list at the end of the report so we'll know then.  :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 21, 2010, 01:14:03 am »

Did... He actually kill those?

No, He didn't. Oddly enough even though he has taken part in the fighting and killing of many things he is still only credited with the killing of that one Titan. Guess it comes of being a Marksdwarf, the others tend to beat you to a fight.

This is the list of kills for the siege only! I haven't changed the master kill list yet. Like I said, that will be included with the final report.

EDIT: Forgot to add the list...Oops  :D

Gumar, 8
Otil, 7
Soshosh, 9
Bubbles, 5
Derek, 5
Tamunshin, 2
Sable, 3
Kodor, 10

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 21, 2010, 02:34:25 am »

20th Moonstone

Several days had passed since the battle with the Goblins and Thunderclan's territory was unusally empty of Dwarves...

"Is everyone safe?" Firetower asked wearily as he collapsed into a chair and took the tankard of Dwarven Rum the Deputy offered him.

"Yes, We finally managed to get everyone inside though we were forced to leave behind the bodies of our fallen clanmates." Kanet said sadly.

"I know you think its a bad idea leaving them out there but our first duty is to the Dwarves who are still alive. Once..."

The Thunderclan Leader's words were drowned out by the sound of things breaking and Dwarves shouting. "Not again..." The Leader muttered under his breath as he grabbed his spear from the table and left with Kanet at his side...

The Great Hall was a mess, food and drink were strewn everywhere, furniture was overturned and several statues had been badly damaged.

Thunderclan's Leader and Deputy arrived just as a fight between the Marksdwarf Amud and the Mason Rith really got going. Seperating the pair proved easy enough and once some strong booze had been forced into them they calmed enough to be released by those holding them.

"This has to stop." Firetower said, the strain of the past couple days evident in his voice. "At the rate we're going by the time the Goblins and Undead return there won't be anything left for them to destroy except a few Dwarves."

"Kanet? Take over please." Firetower said. "I'm going to see Mothwing and visit the wounded." With that the Warrior headed for the doors.

Almost as soon as Firetower was out of sight another fight erupted between Sarek and Korgan, who as Founders were usually such good friends.

Fire appeared in Kanet's eyes as he looked on the shattered peace of the great Dining Hall. "ENOUGH!" The Deputy shouted, rage boiling up within him. "Fighting like this won't help anything, we've all lost people we care about to our enemies, some of us more then others. Firetower lost half his family to our enemies, I lost my older brother..."

The Deputy was interrupted by Rith trying to break free of the Dwarves holding her. Shaking his head Kanet grabbed a mug of what smelled like Sewer Brew and tossed the contents in the Mason's face. "We must stop fighting among ourselves and accept that the cost may be dear! Focus your attention back on our true enemies, those outside our borders who even now seek our complete destruction. The only way too ensure that our loved ones aren't dying in vain is to keep fighting for what they died for! Someday the ones who order these attacks will run out of minions and be forced to come themselves, and we will bring their plans crashing to the ground!"

Cheers broke out among the Dwarves as some semblance of order was returned to the halls of Flamebanner. The fire in Kanet's eyes died as a smile broke out on his face. "Get this place cleaned up and lets get back to work." Kanet said as he headed for the doors.

The Deputy paused as Derek ran into the room, fearing that another attack had already come. "Kanet!" The Warrior said breathlessly as he approached. "Mothwing sent me, She wants you in the infirmary right away..."
Next update will be the last for this report.

Sorry Masam, I would have let you have the speech but I decided to take a chance with it myself.

The tantrums were rather small anyway. I think the massive amount of engravings helped. We had a single fistfight that was cancelled because the guy trying to start it fell asleep.  :)

EDIT: The Demon that rules the Goblins WILL come eventually...Right??
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:37:12 am by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 21, 2010, 03:22:55 am »

As Kanet entered the Infirmary he was stunned by the number of wounded Dwarves. According to Mothwing most were light injuries that would easily heal though some were not so simple. The Deputy paused beside the Medicine Dwarf. "You wanted me?" He asked. "The far corner." Mothwing said, a hint of sadness in her voice as she waved him off.

A knot caught in the Deputy's throat as he saw the Dwarf lying on the bed. "Minkot!" He gasped as he took a seat at his younger brother's bedside. "Kanet..." The Dwarf said between coughing fits. "I hoped you would come."

"Why isn't Obok here with you?" Kanet asked. "There isn't any work for Stonecrafter's right now and he wasn't in the Dining Hall."

"Obok's dead. He was killed in the first moments of the battle. He's with Tanak now."

"We'll have a drink in his memory once you've recovered." Kanet said as Minkot shook his head. "You'll have to have that drink alone. I'm too badly injured. Mothwing dulled the pain so I could hang on to life until you arrived. Soon I'll join Tanak and Obok in Armok's service..."

The Thunderclan Deputy let his face fall to the bedside as Mothwing came over with Argonnek. "I know this is a bad time for you Kanet." Argonnek began. "But Edem has been effected even more." Kanet's head shot up at the mention of his mother.

"The loss of 2 sons hit her hard. Now shes huddled in the Hall of Heroes, staring off into space." Argonnek finished.

"I'll go see if I can convince her to come inside." Kanet said, moving through the rows of injured Dwarves and empty beds. Argonnek stared after him before picking up the weapon belt he'd dropped and slinging it over her shoulder...
So sorry Masam but your 2 younger brothers were killed in the battle. Your mother is melancholy and I'm not entirely sure where your 2 sisters are...Except that they're alive somewhere in Dining.

And I lied, next post is the end of the report.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:35:29 am by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 21, 2010, 03:35:00 am »

21st Moonstone

Barbarossa knocked and stepped through into Firetower's office. "I have the list of casualties sir." The Engraver said, passing a slab of stone over to the Leader. "My Apprentice was among them." He said as he turned to leave.

Casualty Report: 15th Moonstone

Stonecrafter Obok
Engraver's Apprentice Dodok
Peasant Minkot
Child Dakost
Planter Kubuk
Child Kubuk
Child Cerol
Planter Sodel
Henchwoman Glassmaker Mafol
Child Ducim
Brewmaster Thob
Baby Olon
Baby Momuz
Peasant Scotty
Child Deler
Child Zuglar
2 Cats
1 Donkey

Injuries

Gizmo: Left Eye lost
Korgan: Right Arm cut by sword
Tamunshin: Hip broken
Bubbles: Smacked in head with hammer
16 Dwarves dead and 4 injured...To whoever had Scotty, sorry he never got any spotlight until he died. Feel free to request another Dwarf.

We're actually under 100 Dwarves right now...

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 21, 2010, 05:23:54 am »

Half the casualties are children? Wow. The goblins actually hit hard for once.
They started to collide~

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 29, 2010, 11:06:32 pm »

I'll be back with new updates by Monday at the latest...Been working on some new ideas to keep things interesting... ;)
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 106