Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131418 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1035 on: May 18, 2010, 12:54:28 am »

10th Moonstone

As they reached the top of the hill Sable and Arzez ducked down, using the scattered boulders as cover to advance along the narrow ledge. The rest of their Warriors were strung out along the trail from the border.

This part of the hill was surprisingly flat so it was only a few minutes before the Undead came into view. Almost a dozen Wrestlers, a pair of Pikemen all following behind a Skeleton clad in full armor and carrying a two-handed sword with several very painful looking spikes jutting out of the blade.

Easing Flamequill out of its holder Sable signalled Arzez to follow her. Leaping out from behind the boulder with a fierce warcry Sable charged the Undead as small flames sprung up at the edge of the axe.

As a pike blade bounced harmlessly off her armor the Warrior crashed into a trio of Wrestlers, sending all 4 of them tumbling over the edge while Arzez parried the blow of the Swordmaster.

Sable grinned beneath her helmet as a Wrestler's bones snapped under the impact with the rocky ground. She rolled clear and was on her feet before the remaining 2 could untangle themselves.

Flamequill lashed out, searing through a bony arm and inadvertently freeing the pair who instantly went on the attack, throwing punches and kicks as they tried to either back Sable into the wall or over the edge.

Arzez screamed in pain as one of the sword's spikes stabbed deep into his shield arm. The Swordmaster had not even a scratch on him despite the Warrior getting several strong blows in. Rolling between the Undead's legs as he brought his weapon overhead Arzez swung at the creature's neck but was blocked at the last second by a pike as a fist slammed into his helmet, sending the Dwarf staggering forward.

Turning he lunged forward, slightly disoriented by the attack but he was rewarded with an unearthly cry as iron severed a Wrestler's spine. A dark cloud rose up from the former Undead and dissapated in the wind...

Keshan glanced worriedly at his bleeding friend as they moved along the trail. Govos had never recovered from the chest injury he had recieved a few battles ago and blood continued to stain the Axedwarf's armor red.

The sounds of battle driefting toward them shook the Dwarf from his thoughts as the fighting came into view. Letting loose their own battle cries Govos and Keshan charged, followed by another half dozen Dwarven Warriors...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 18, 2010, 01:29:42 am »

Arzez was clutching his arm as he wobbled backwards. Another hit had broken the armor and cut deeply into the Senior Warrior's left arm. Silently praying to Armok for help Arzez felt new strength entering his weary limbs. The appearence of his squad also helped turn the tide as half the foes surrounding Arzez moved to attack the new arrivals.

As Armok's strength washed over him Arzez felt his thoughts drifting only to battle and victory as he charged into a knot of Wrestlers...

Sable was glancing around for an opening as a pair of Wrestlers and a Pikeman backed her against the edge. The skeletons had slid down from the main battle and forced her to give ground before them.

An odd whistling sound made all of them turn as a strange looking bolt fell from the sky. The force behind it drove it into the breastplate of one of the Wrestlers. A moment later the creature burst into flames, flailing wildly for a few moments before he fell over the edge thanks to Sable's shield smacking him in the skull. The remaining enemies, fearing more fiery death...or redeath...were scrambling back up the slope...

Rithul flew backwards, crashing to the ground and rolling a few more feet. He didn't rise again as the Wrestler who hit him turned back toward the other Dwarves.

The killer was swiftly cut down by Arzez, who though still bleeding from a number of cuts as well as the larger wounds on his arms was fighting like he was completely unhurt.

Totmon was the next to fall. Blinded by a slash from the spiked sword of the Undead squad leader he was helpless to defend against the blow that removed his leg or the follow-up that claimed his life.

Mirstal, eager to avenge his friend's death was easily disarmed and beheaded by the armor clad skeleton.

Sable was shocked, 3 of her squad dead in a matter of minutes, it was a bad way to show Firetower she was ready to lead a squad if half of them died in their first fight. Cleaving a Wrestler in half with her axe the Warrior began to cut a swathe of flying bones through the Undead, making a path toward the hated Swordmaster...

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 18, 2010, 01:47:22 am »

Kanet flinched as he watched from the court yard.  Dwarves fell, although a fair few fell with them.  He glanced uneasily over at Firetower, then up at argonnek on the walls.  His weapon in hand he nodded.  "Some o them have been chased off... and the youngin seems to be in a mood.  Wouldn't it be best to strike while the hammerings good?"  Turning his thoughts to the ancestors while he waited for a reply, he sent a silent prayer to his brother praying he'd join him in battle amongst the foul creatures.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 18, 2010, 02:18:30 am »

Arzez's blade was a blur as he blocked and parried blow after blow, the Pikeman he faced forced backward. As he bumped against the wall Arzez lunged, driving his sword straight into the skeleton's skull. As the now lifeless bones clattered to the ground Arzez turned and barely avoided a blow from the Swordmaster who was somehow still alive.

Fear took root in the Dwarf as the pain and weariness returned. The loss of Armok's strength was the final straw as the Skeleton drove his blade into Arzez's chest. The Warrior gasped in pain as he fell into Armok's fiery embrace, sword still gripped tightly in his hand...

Sable grunted as she pulled her axe out of the skeleton's skull. The creature had not gone down easily and that blasted sword had left dozens of dents and scrapes on her armor. A sudden wave of anger claimed her as she looked over the unmoving bodies of four of her friends. Drawing Flamequill back over her head the Warrior brought it down on the Swordmaster's body, flames flaring up and burning the bones black in seconds...

Keshan couldn't speak as he helped Govos up. The Axedwarf was horribly pale from blood loss and fell back to the ground. "I'm done." Govos rasped. "There's no way I'll make it back to the fortress. Keep Flamebanner safe, don't let the Undead and Goblins overrun our territory..." Whatever else the Dwarf was going to say was lost as he passed to the ancestors.

"Keshan." Sable said as she placed a hand on the Dwarf's shoulder. "We've suffered too many losses here. Get back to the fortress and tell Firetower to bring his reinforcements."

"What about you?" Keshan asked. "I'm going to take the remnants of Arzez's squad on and hold the next group as long as we can...So be quick. If the next group is as tough as this one 4 of us won't last long."

"I'll tell Argonnek as I pass as well. Maybe she can send you some help sooner." The Warrior said as he took off at a run

Gathering the surviving Warriors Sable took the lead as they moved farther along the hilltop...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Dwarves dead...2 Senior Warriors and 3 new recruits. That Swordmaster was just brutal. Sable killed 14 of the squad including the Master though.

Also discovered that Arzez was Argonnek's sister...and Firetower's lover. Like I said I'm bad at the name/gender thing  :)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 18, 2010, 02:24:59 am »

Intense.

What are the kill numbers now?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 18, 2010, 02:50:34 am »

This is what I have on record...Though I may be missing a few.

Wok: 80
Nil: 97
Hawkfrost: 59
Vabok: 28
Kornash: 24
Firetower: 79
Iton: 9
Bob: 52
Arzez: 32
Tamunshin: 27
Keshan: 6
Giken: 8
Catten: 4
Kogan: 8
Govos: 42
Fred: 1
Bubbles: 0
Tanak Masam: 2
Mamgoz: 1
Sakrith: 2
Toltot: 23
Tharnas: 5
Tarmid: 2
Nekik: 4
Volal Togal: 2
Argonnek: 6
Kanet: 1
Derek: 16
Soshosh: 8
Otil Kurel: 8
Osod Ugog: 2
Kodor: 3
Mingkil: 3
Stesok: 3
Gumar Ast: 7
Lorsith: 2
Sable: 19

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 18, 2010, 07:50:42 am »

Holy cow, these skeletons are tough cookies!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 18, 2010, 06:01:40 pm »

These Undead are just EVIL!  >:(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10th Moonstone Continued

With Sumum and the tattered remnants of Arzez's squad behind her Sable hurried toward the next enemy squad. A few stragglers from the first group were cut down as they tried to flee but the main target remained the NorthWest border...

"Find anything?" Sable asked as Sumum came over to her. "Nothing, Derek got the only one that was left. The rest have fled our territory."

"Cowards." Sable said as she returned Flamequill to its place at her back. "Let's get home then and grab a drink before they come back." With that she turned and headed to the trail that led down the Northern border...
They fled! Went over to tell the squads where to go...ALL of them and there was a single Maceman left. Derek tore him to pieces with his swords. Also a skeleton got knocked farther then I've ever seen...He flew from the Western border all the way to the door of the Shrine of Armok. I guess thats one way to make an offering to Armok  ;D

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 18, 2010, 06:41:33 pm »

They murdered my sister?!?!? KILL THEM ALL!!!!!
((I honestly thought that Arzez was a male... and that I was an only child.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 18, 2010, 06:45:22 pm »

8)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 18, 2010, 07:14:38 pm »

Considering you have 10 brothers and sisters I'd say you were a bit wrong  :D

Most of them are still alive too.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 19, 2010, 06:48:13 pm »

Well...We may lose a few civilians as I forgot that the Goblins and Undead tend to show up one after the other...and the Goblins have invaded with 4 squads, 2 of which are huddled around one of the 2 entrances to the hills.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:41 pm »

Very interesting...Conducted an experiment on Goblin speed and discovered that if I make the Goblins as fast as Dwarves the tables turn on us rather quickly. There were around 15 dead before I aborted the experiment. I know not to do that again  :D

I'll be playing out the real battle in a bit...which could be interesting since we have 3 Warriors charging a large group of Sword and Hammer Goblins.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:06:26 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 20, 2010, 04:21:24 am »

Well we won and we didn't lose any Warriors...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 20, 2010, 04:42:00 pm »

15th Moonstone

"We're being invaded!" Kanet shouted down to Firetower from the walls. "We've got Goblin soldiers crossing the border to the West and South!"

"I've got them!" Derek shouted over as he ran out of the fortress courtyard, Mingkil and Stesok on his heels...
The Goblins surged forward as Derek's group came in sight. The Warriors were stunned by how quickly they were moving. The killing of a Crafter by a leaping Goblin Swordsman shook them back into action.

Derek's swords swung in shining arcs as he chased after the murderer. All around the field civilians were running and screaming as they fled the invaders. An Engraver was brought down with a hammer to the chest as a pair of Swordsmen attacked a cat.

Mingkil found himself surrounded by Goblins that were managing to dodge everything he did. As he prepared himself for death a bolt sprouted from the arm of a Hammergob. The Goblin started convulsing as lightning arced across his body and within moments the invader was a smoking heap on the ground.

Seizing his chance Mingkil ducked under Goblin weapons and rolled through the gap made in the circle. Regaining his footing a few yards away the Warrior turned and spotted Argonnek on the walls with Ingtak and Kanet, showering bolts down onto the enemy...
Sarek inched his way along, his dark clothes helping the Smith to blend into the rock as he made for the safety of the fortress. He was so intent on remaining unseen that he didn't notice the body until he tripped over it. Spitting leaves and dirt out of his mouth Sarek glanced over at the Dwarven body that had tripped him.

Turning it over the Smith's eyes widened as he recognized one of his sons, Kubuk who had shown more interest in plants then he had in metal and so had joined his mothers team of Farmers. Tears welled up in the old Dwarf's eyes as he thought of how Jillian would react to the news that another of their sons had passed to Armok.

Sadness was replaced by fury that burned as hot as the forges as Sarek rose to his feet. A terrible sound erupted from his mouth as he ran forward onto the battlefield. The Goblin Swordsman didn't have a chance as the tantruming Dwarf jumped him, hands clawing at his face before he could bring his sword up to defend himself.

The pair rolled around the field, past the bloodied corpses of both Dwarves and Goblins. The strength gained from so many years working the forges decided it and soon the Goblin found his helmet yanked off before the mad Dwarf started beating him with the metal headgear. As his vision faded and the helmet crashed into his face the Goblin managed to drag his dagger from it's sheath and sink it into the Dwarf's leg before the darkness claimed him.

As the Goblin stopped moving Sarek's mind cleared and he dropped the helmet which by now was more a hunk of dented metal then a protective item. Pulling the dagger from his leg and tossing it aside the Blacksmith limped on toward the fortress...
Apparently you shouldn't anger old Dwarves who have spent years crafting weapons and armor if you want to live very long...Thats one part down...Who knows how many more to go.  :)

Please feel free to do your own journal entries, It helps...
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 106