Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131444 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1020 on: May 05, 2010, 02:45:53 am »

10th Limestone Continued

As he watched Wok fall Derek felt rage overtake him. With eyes glazed over by trance the young Warrior grabbed the swords from Wok's fallen body and severed arm and with a fierce battle-cry leapt at the Axelord, blades searing through armor and goblin skin. The Axelord was still glaring when her head and upper body hit the ground a few feet apart.

The fortress was gathered in the courtyard as Derek and Tamunshin returned with Wok's body and head. Firetower was standing at the fortress entrance waiting for them.

"Wok was one of our best Warriors. His loss is a great blow but we can not allow it to weaken our defenses. Sarek? Start production of Wok's burial furniture. Use whatever gold and iron we have in stock."

Before the assembled Dwarves could wander off Firetower called them back. "I have one more thing to say. Seeing as Derek's performance today was so impressive I am granting him Wok's title of Decapitator."

Turning the Leader approached Derek, only pausing to remove the scabbards from Wok's body. "The Swords of Wok are now yours Derek." Firetower said as he handed over the blood-red scabbards. "Use them well..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wok is dead, and Derek decapitated 4 Goblins including Snodub so I gave him the title as well as Wok's blades.

Sonerohi, if you'd like a new Dwarf let me know  :)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 05, 2010, 07:12:58 am »

Well, that was surprising.

Seems all the veterans are dying.

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 05, 2010, 11:44:07 am »

May the Gods preserve us...Wok is gone.  Our military falls piece by piece.  I'll speak to Firetower later.  We need more men.  Better trained, better protected apparently.  The founders...my memory is hazy, was Wok the last of the early ones?  It appears to be time for the new to take their place in the history books,  I will not let this fortress fall.  We have earned the right to be here.  No denizen of the darkness will drive us from here.  There is much work to be done.  I must see to it that no more dwarven blood is spilled needlessly.  If Armok is hungry, let it be the blood of our enemies that sates his thirst.  I'm off to see our leader.  And propose a much more intense training regime for our remaining soldiers, and a recruiting campaign...If we could go and make war on the bastards ourselves, I'd suggest that even.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 05, 2010, 12:30:01 pm »

Yes, all of our most experienced Warriors have passed to Armok: Hawkfrost, Kornash, Wok, Vabok and Sir Nil. And yet our walls still stand.  :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:26:40 am by thunderclan »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 05, 2010, 02:27:14 pm »

I AM A STORM OF VENGEANCE! HOO RAH!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 05, 2010, 07:47:54 pm »

I really did not see that one coming. Does this mean Firetower is the last veteran?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 06, 2010, 12:28:14 am »

Firetower is the most experienced of the remaining Warriors but Arzez and Tamunshin are veterans as well...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 13, 2010, 01:58:07 am »

25th Limestone

"I, Firetower, Leader of Thunderclan call upon our ancestors to look down on these Apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I commend them to you as Warriors in their turn."

As the Thunderclan Leader spoke he turned toward the group of four young Dwarves lined up to one side of the platform. "Mingkot, do you promise to uphold the Warrior Code and to protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do." The Dwarf replied as the other 3 gave their promises.

"Then by the power of our Warrior Ancestors I give you your Warrior names."

"Mingkot, from this moment you will be known as Stoling."

"Kol, from this moment you will be known as Amud."

"Edem, from this moment you will be known as Sumun."

"Kubuk, from this moment you will be known as Totmon."

"We honor your courage and skills and we welcome you as full Warriors of Thunderclan."

As the ceremony ended cheers broke out from the crowd gathered around the platform as Dwarves called out the names of the new Warriors.

Firetower waited until the cheers died down before he spoke again. "In light of the fact that our enemies continue to attack with ever growing numbers and the training of new Warriors takes time I have agreed to the offer made by a trio of soldiers from the Mountainhomes."

The crowd watched as the soldiers came to stand beside Firetower who began to speak once more.

"Ancestors, you know every Dwarf by name. I ask you now to take away the names of the Dwarves before for it no longer stands for what they are. By my authority as Clan Leader and with the approval of our Ancestors I give these Warriors new names."

"From this moment they will be known as Mirstal Mothbottle, Rithul Fightanvils and Ingtak Gearlabors. We honor your bravery and welcome you as full members of Thunderclan."

The newest members of the fortress grinned as the listened to the cheers of their new Clanmates...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 new Warriors, crossbow, axe and spear Dwarves, Puts us around 25 Warriors now.

Finally figured out the trick to adding outsiders to the Clan which not only boosts our fighting ability but fits perfectly with Thunderclan's style.  :D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 17, 2010, 05:58:19 pm »

Not alot going on in the fortress as I'm trying to shift the massive pile of stone in the hills. At least several hundred pieces that have to be moved before I can begin my next big project.

Out of curiosity I took a look at a few of the families in Flamebanner. Orwen and Legolord have the biggest families: Orwen has 11 kids and Legolord 12

Also created a new gem storeroom as we had alot of gems still mixed in with the rock pile.

Finally I dug out a second entrance opening into the Hotel Courtyard to hopefully cut down on some of the traffic in the entrance...I did not plan that entrance as well as I could have.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 17, 2010, 07:27:31 pm »

Well...That was rather messy, we came under siege again and suffered I believe the highest number of deaths ever...in the first of the 3 fights. Flamequill burned quite a few skeletons though...

Also realized yet again how bad I am at matching names and genders in this place...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 17, 2010, 07:39:08 pm »

10th Moonstone

"Sable, Arzez. I want you to take your squads and remove any threats." Firetower was saying as the Warriors suited up for battle. The Undead had been sighted once more along the Western border and the alarm raised.

"Argonnek, I want your squad up on the walls in case any skeletons manage to get through. Derek, You'll protect the fortress gates." As the squad leaders nodded Firetower turned to Kanet. "We'll remain in the courtyard, ready to reinforce anyone who needs it."

With weapons at the ready and shields slung onto backs the Dwarves headed out to battle...
Which will happen once I decide how to write it...That Swordmaster was tough!  :)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:15 pm »

Updates! Woo! Anyway, I noticed a lack of electric death for my enemies, is this intentional (Run out of battery-bolts), or is it a random forgetfulness?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 17, 2010, 09:58:04 pm »

Random forgetfulness on my part  :P

Should have the first battle report up in an hour or 2

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 17, 2010, 11:23:35 pm »

we...are doomed aren't we thunderclan?  I can see it now...only casualities were the military in the courtyard.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 17, 2010, 11:38:40 pm »

We...may be doomed...Eventually...Hard to say at this point...

About half our Warriors were stationed in the Courtyard with Firetower and Kanet.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:41:03 pm by thunderclan »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 106