Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131447 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1005 on: April 20, 2010, 03:27:11 am »

19th Hematite

When the alarm was sounded Firetower sprang up from his desk and grabbing his spear, ran for the gates.

The Warriors had already gathered around Kanet who had been overseeing much of the training and assigning of patrols since Firetower had risen to leadership.

As Firetower appeared in his battle gear Kanet stepped back, giving him command of the Flamebanner Warriors.

"What is it this time?" Firetower asked.

"Goblins, sir." Mingkil replied.

"Thats a nice change. Finally something I can stab." Firetower said with a smile.

He turned to Kanet. "I'll take my squad out and remove the threat. Have everyone else guard the gates."

Gathering his Warriors around him Firetower headed out...
Kodor and Osod Ugog fought in perfect unison as their maces struck down a pair of Goblins. Nearby Lorsith sent a Sword Goblin's head flying into one of its companions before killing that one as well.

Gumar Ast was having a tough fight against a pair of Wrestlers and a Pike Goblin while a Bowgob tried to pick him off from a distance. He got plenty of use out of his shield as he blocked arrows and dodged pike swings.

Mingkil dodged around a Macegob's swing and smashed his shield into the invader's face, sending him stumbling as the Warrior drew back his hammer and swung, hitting and launching the Goblin into the trees. Glancing around to be sure there were no other enemies around he moved to join the group watching Gumar fight.

The Dwarf had already smashed a Goblin's chest with his mace and a second was trying to crawl away with crushed legs when one of Gumar's daggers bit into his neck.

The Pikegob swung his weapon only to find it knocked out of his hands as a spiked ball hit him, granting him a surprisingly quick death. Seeing his fellow Goblins killed broke the Bowgob's resolve and he turned to flee but found himself facing a wall of shields and sharp implements covered in goblin blood. As he considered his options Gumar pulled out a dagger and sunk it to the hilt in the Goblin's back, severing the Goblin's spine.

Wiping the blood from the blade Gumar headed back to the fortress, looking forward to a good drink of Dwarven Wine.

His squadmates followed with Firetower in the back, saddened by the lack of things to stab with his spear...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goblins came back...They didn't survive very long but did kill 2 named cats.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 20, 2010, 03:42:39 am »

25th Hematite

Firetower was reading a letter brought by the Trade Liason of the Mountainhomes when Kanet knocked at his office door.

"You wanted to see me?" Kanet said as he entered the room.

"It would seem we're gaining quite a reputation in the Mountainhomes and other fortressess. The Liason brought me a letter from the Council saying that we won't be getting any immigrants this year." Firetower replied

"This is one of the best defended places in the world though." Kanet said.

"Either way, we've been declared a Cursed Death-Trap so nobody wants to come here now." Firetower said as he handed his Deputy the letter he'd been reading.

"Probably for the best, since we're just starting to rebuild our stocks." Kanet said after glancing over the letter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess the losses were bound to catch us eventually. Not like anyone could come here anyway though with the maximum number set at 100. Still plenty of kids showing up though  ;D

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 20, 2010, 08:41:30 pm »

what ever happened to the titan statue?  Also, it appears that me dwarf has a new legion of children to train once they come of age!  hopefully he'll have some o his own eh?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 20, 2010, 09:40:28 pm »

You'd have to marry Argonnek first...and somehow that hasn't happened yet considering the amount of time they spend together.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 27, 2010, 10:02:18 pm »

12th Malachite

Smashing the skeletal guards into the walls Uktang grabbed one of the cloaked figures by the throat. "You promised me that they would be dead!" Uktang roared as he lifted the suffocating figure into the air. "My soldiers were slaughtered before they even reached that cursed fortress!"

"Put him down Uktang." Kaloh said, appearing behind the Demon with a group of skeletal creatures. "Yes, that plan may have failed but we have plenty of others." Skeletons stepped forward as Uktang dropped the figure to the ground.

Turning to the red robed Kaloh he growled. "You better Kaloh, my people are not as expendable as yours."

"I've already begun the next stage of my plan...Even if it fails Flamebanner will be effected."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 27, 2010, 10:46:14 pm »

16th Malachite

"I think thats it for this year Idil." Newb said as she rolled up the papers detailing the new trade agreement. "Come in!" She said as someone knocked at her office door.

As the heavy slab of stone swung open the sounds of partying Dwarves drifted in with a rather worried looking Human. "Idem? What are you doing down here, I thought you were meeting with the Nobles?" Idil asked as the Diplomat came forward.

"I finished, there wasn't alot to say." Idem replied curtly. "You could have started back you know. We would have caught up once the merchants finished packing." Idil continued, disregarding the young man's tone.

"There was...something I had to do before I left." The Diplomat said, pausing between Idil and Newb. "Since you're here I'm guessing you wanted to meet Flamebanner's Trademaster, Newb?" Idil asked.

"More or less." Idem replied as he whipped out a dagger and drove it into the Trademaster's side. The Diplomat was already out the door when Newb hit the floor, blood flowing from the wound as Idil stood stunned by what had just taken place.

The Warriors were scouring the territory for the Diplomat. Newb had been uncouncious when Mothwing reached her side and Idil was still to shaken to talk sense so Firetower had given the order that the Human be apprehended.

A shout from the South gates brought a half dozen Warriors running with weapons drawn, ready to fight. What they found was unexpected. Idem's body was laying just outside the gates. The body looked completely unharmed which was strange considering he was dead. Derek gestured to a pair of Warriors to pick up the body so they could bring it back to Mothwing.

Derek gazed uneasily at the forest beyond the border for a moment before ordering his men back inside.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 28, 2010, 08:09:02 am »

Very spooky!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 28, 2010, 02:16:27 pm »

18th Malachite

"He looks completely unharmed." Mothwing said as she moved around the Dwarves gathered around the Diplomat's body. "But if you take a close look at his neck then you'll find the reason for Idem's death."

"Some sort of dart?" Firetower guessed after looking at the wound.

"You should be able to guess Firetower, you nearly ended up like him." Mothwing replied, taking a book down from one of the shelves and flipping it open to a picture of a clawed creature with wings and a barbed tail before handing it to the Leader.

As his eyes fell on the picture the color drained from Firetower's face. "A Shadetail?" He asked, glancing at the Medicine Dwarf.

"Yes." Mothwing replied. "Just being scratched by it's tail almost killed you. The Human had no chance of survival."

"But why kill the Diplomat?" Kanet wondered aloud.

"My guess is that he served his purpose and was disposed of." Mothwing answered. "Though he failed as Newb still lives."

"Kanet, I want more patrols on the borders. This may be the first act of our next battle." Firetower said as he turned to leave...
Newb is just fine and the Shadetails make a reappearence.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 28, 2010, 02:37:37 pm »

21st Galena

"Etest."

The Weaponsmith woke to the stifling heat of the magma. Glancing around he realized he was sitting atop a rocky island in the magma.

"Etest." The Dwarf spun around and was surprised to find himself face to face with the former Thunderclan Deputy, Sir Nil.

"Apoligies for disturbing your rest." The Warrior said with a smile. "But we had to speak. You're a talented Weaponsmith and have forged numerous deadly weapons and thick armors. But those are still mere iron objects."

Etest started to speak but was silenced by a look from Nil. "We have Flamequill and Islandcall, Chasmshield and Blazepulled. But it is not enough. If we hope to stand against our enemies we need more powerful objects."

As a confused look crossed the Weaponsmith's face Nil sighed. "Its time to create your masterwork, the culmination of all your skill into a single object that will be remembered for centuries. I will help you as much as I am able but we must be quick..."

Etest sat up in his bed, wide-eyed as he recalled what had just happened. Grabbing a tankard of wine to drive the sleep away the Weaponsmith rushed off to the forges...
It took a while but he finally got hit by a mood. Now to keep him from dying...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 28, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »

25th Galena

"213,600." Newb said as she inspected every inch of the spear Etest Kudar had created. A blade of Nickel adorned with rings of cave spider silk while several gems sparkled in the light. The name had been set into the weapon with Goblin bone: Storlutanban Ungeg Tomus, Dimplelathers The Failure of Shoving.
A new weapon up for grabs.  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 28, 2010, 08:01:39 pm »

An artifact spear would make a nice upgrade for Firetower.

(assuming that artifacts deal bonus damage)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 29, 2010, 01:55:49 am »

Barbarossa: They have a multiplier that's larger than masterpieces, as far as I know
They started to collide~

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 29, 2010, 02:22:45 am »

Unfortunately, nickel starts with the 50% multiplier, so I suspect that masterwork steel exceeds it.

Doesn't mean it isn't an excellent weapon though. But I fear that the sparring needed to get to masterwork spear will claim many lives.

Their sacrifices shall be remembered!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:39 am »

10th Limestone

The Goblins ducked down into the shadows as a pair of heavily armed Dwarves passed nearby. With all the patrols the Dwarves were doing Axelord Snodub Terrorsnots was finding it hard to lead her soldiers to the gates. Though it might have been easier if one of her Wrestlers hadn't gotten himself caged and alerted the Dwarves.

The snapping of twigs made Snodub glance around nervously as she drew her great axe. The Goblin breathed a sigh of relief as the sound faded and so was stunned when a Dwarf in full armor leapt out of the brush, sunlight shining off the twin swords in his hands.

"Attack!" Snodub called to her men as she charged the Dwarven Warrior...
Didn't even realize Wok was finally out of bed but apparently he is and he wasted no time in finding a fight...with an Axelord.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 05, 2010, 02:14:24 am »

10th Limestone Continued

Wok was thrown backward by the force of the Goblin's attacks as Derek and Tamunshin fought the other invaders. As the Dwarf regained his footing he glanced over his severely banged up armor, tiny cracks running acorss the breastplate.

The Goblin advanced and swung the axe again, cutting deeply into Wok's left arm. The Dwarf's sword fell into the grass as he charged the Axelord, second sword swinging for her neck. Snodub ducked under the weapon and Wok screamed as the axe sliced completely through his left arm.

Stumbling as the loss of blood weakened him Wok was unable to block the next swing of the axe in time and fell lifelessly to the ground. His head joined the body a few moments later...
I so did not see that coming...The Decapitator was decapitated.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 106