Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 18. Aqizzar dooms us all!  (Read 30095 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 4.
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2008, 08:37:56 am »

i think i'll work again on the lung, trying to regenerate it.

and... armok! that is my war walrus!
well, i think i'll just have to use the horse... but an hammer isn't a good weapon to use when riding an horse

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2008, 09:35:57 am »

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
Nirur, I'd like to point out that despite similar names, Akroma and Andrea are of different gender. Andrea is a "he".
Did I say she? Oops, I'll fix that, sorry Andrea.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2008, 09:39:34 am »

don't worry, it happens often. it seem that italy is the only place where andrea is mostly used for males

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2008, 08:37:01 pm »

I'm just waiting on Tylui and Inaluct now. Although I would prefer to post one turn a day, I would rather not have more then one person on AI in a turn.

I also realized that trivial tasks such as opening a door should be an easy task (even for an elf), and opening standard doors will now succeed on a 3 or better. Difficult tasks, such as fighting in complete darkness against an enemy who can "see" in the dark, require a 7 or better. I believe I hinted at this in the original post, but I felt that it was long enough without this extra information.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:55:11 pm by Nirur Torir »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2008, 08:57:03 pm »

I go up to Sean Mirrsen and make suggestions like "Hey, you cares wif it's real gold? You could totally get away with trading it to the dwarves."

And "Hey, are you the spy? We should find out who the spy is. Maybe it's Armok."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2008, 09:52:26 pm »

Celebrate, for turn four was done 'fore the night was done!
Tylui was on RTTAI this round. It makes me sad when people post slowly.  :'(

Quote from: Armok
I convince the walrus to follow me and heads of randomly along the path of least resistance.
| As Armok gazes into the walrus’ eyes, he can almost see the cold, snowy landscape where she originally came from. Armok suddenly feels deeply attached to her, and realize that he now has a telepathic link to this walrus. (Armok may give her an order as a free action each turn. It might be very bad for him if the walrus dies. Please name her.)

Quote from: Frelock
I'll sneak down the stairs.
| Frelock sneaks down the stairs, accidentally kicking a puppy that was taking a nap. It makes a muffled whimpering sound. Frelock is in a fairly large dining hall that stretches from east to west. Tables line the north and south walls, with benches towards the center. The stairs he came from stop at this level. There is a door next to the stairs leading west, and a door on the other side of the hall leading east. | There are six dwarves here playing cards. | The six dwarves notice Frelock, and one of them beckons the kobold over to them.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
Anyway. Since I'm out of danger, I wait and examine my trophy. It might look like gold, but maybe it's a gold-dyed chunk of pitchblende? I'll need to appraise it if I am to get something of value for it.
| Sean Mirrsen carefully examines his lump of gold. It looks like gold, feels like gold, and it it sounds like gold. Unfortunately, it tastes very much like pyrite.

Quote from: Aqizzar
A burdened horse?

LEWT
| Upon Aqizzars approach, the horse continues running to the east…

Quote from: DF Newb
I follow my horse while I try to get my stuff from it.
| DF Newb charges down the hall and whistles for it to stop. It stops before it escapes into the next room. | | The horse had: a donkey in a cage, wooden blocks, an iron harp, a baby giant desert scorpion in a cage, and a full set of steel platemail! DF Newb takes the harp and platmail, setting everything from the horse carefully on the ground.

Quote from: Andrea
i think i'll work again on the lung, trying to regenerate it.
| The pain prevents Andrea from regenerating his lung. (Pain: -1 next roll)

Quote from: Inaulct
I go up to Sean Mirrsen and make suggestions like "Hey, you cares wif it's real gold? You could totally get away with trading it to the dwarves."

And "Hey, are you the spy? We should find out who the spy is. Maybe it's Armok."
| When Inaulct gets near the craftsdwarf, | the dwarf stops Inaulct to hug him for the wonderful trade.

Quote from: Tylui
]I’ll check the other bin. Surely there is something useful in it.
| As Tylui gazes into the other bin, he realizes something – That tattered Pig Tail Sock is completely worthless.

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.
Andrea: Human. Stats. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a silver +tiara+ embedded with a Star Sapphire.Wounds: punctured lung
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger
Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. Status: Telepathic walrus link
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.Inventory: an iron harp, a set of steel platemail.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: a dagger
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger, a stone wolf figurine, a giant cave spider figurine. No socks or shoes.
Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite.
Tylui: Human. Stats.Inventory: katana, leather armor, buckler.

NPCs: Large rat. | The rat begins digging into the floor. It kicks out a small gem before it disappears from view.
A craftsdwarf.
Armok’s walrus.
Two horses.
Horse
Six dwarves playing cards in Dining Hall

Rooms:
Trade Depot - Andrea, Armok, Tylui - You entered here. There are two doors on the east wall. There are two bins along the south wall, one with stone blocks, the other with a tattered Pig Tail Sock. There are also two horses carrying nothing.
Craftsdwarf Workshop – Inaulct, craftsdwarf - There is a craftsdwarf workshop here, along with a craftsdwarf, crafting materials, and some bins. The west door leads to Trade Depot. The east door leads to Down Stairway 1.
Storage Area 2 – Aqizzar, DF Newb, horse - The walls are lined with barrels. The west door leads to Storage Area 1. There is a door on the east wall. Lying on the ground is: a donkey in a cage, wooden blocks, a baby giant desert scorpion in a cage.
Down Stairway 1 – Sean Merrsen – This small room is empty, save for stairs leading downwards towards Dining Hall.
Dining Hall – Frelock, six dwarven card players – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west, and a door to the east.
Spoiler: Unseen Rooms (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:13:19 am by Nirur Torir »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After hugging the dwarf, I head downstairs after Frelock.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wear the full steel mail
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, not a steller. Though I do like cards, I can't talk to them.  And my race is somewhat know for thievery and the like...

Out of curiosity, is this like DF fortress mode, or adventure mode (since I've been spotted, can I never sneak again, or can I just go around the corner out of sight and resume sneaking?)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry for repeating the same action, but i need that lung to be fixed.

also, is it possible to ride a giant desert scorpion?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

andrea  that is my baby desert scorpion if you want it you have to ask

also is putting on the armour is a free action.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:13:55 am by DF newb »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Frelock
Out of curiosity, is this like DF fortress mode, or adventure mode (since I've been spotted, can I never sneak again, or can I just go around the corner out of sight and resume sneaking?)
Just break their line of site (or distract them) if you want to resume sneaking. It would be a rather useless skill otherwise.  ;)

Quote from: Andrea
also, is it possible to ride a [baby] giant desert scorpion?
That depends on how large it is; only the dice know for sure. Sorry about your walrus.

Quote from: DF Newb
also is putting on the armour is a free action
Putting on a full set of armor is not a free action.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:11:35 am by Nirur Torir »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes, you are right. being more polite than armok... could you please let me use your scorpion after i am fully healed? i need it...
pleaseplease

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

fine after you are fully healed
BUT you have to train it  ;D

anyone want the donkey?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want a donkey, give it here ... Oh, right, I can spawn one.

| Uh-oh, I don't like the looks of that.

The flying donkey hits Nirur Torir in the head. It explodes in gore.
Norir Turir, game master, has been struck down.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16