Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 18. Aqizzar dooms us all!  (Read 30092 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 2.
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2008, 04:28:36 pm »

but they have lead bins!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 2. Waiting on Armok.
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2008, 05:46:37 pm »

That movie was ridiculous. D:

But no, there shouldn't be any atom bombs here.  If one appears, we can always just put it under an open drawbridge and atom smash it!

*dun dun... TTSH!*
Terrible joke, I know.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2008, 07:11:03 pm »

I just got your joke after starring to the screen for 5 minutes  :)

I really need to play DF some more and use some fun (cheap) ways of having fun (winning) (atom smashing, booze to food, bolts)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:29:54 pm by DF newb »
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2008, 08:07:36 pm »

Dice rolls for turn two are here. Armok was online for a few hours, but went offline again, so he’s on AI for this turn.

Quote from: DF Newb
ok I whistle to get my horse to come so I can trade with the dwarf, while smiling at the dwarf
| Your horse does not seem to notice you whistling for it. The dwarf looks at you strangely.

Quote from: Frelock
If he does not, I train by sneaking behind the dwarf and putting my dagger next to (but not penetrating) the top of the spine, where a thrust would put it up into the brain (in humans at least, that kills the quickest and quietest, with little strength needed).  I do this to practice sneaking and killing quietly.
| Since the dwarf does not see you, you decide it would be fun to practice stealthy killing. You sneak up behind him without being noticed, and try find a spot that would make for a quick kill. | After a bit of thinking, you place your dagger near the top of his spine. (Partial skill up towards killing while undetected, do it again for a bonus.) DF Newb suddenly notices you, and is quite surprised to see you. (-1 to their next roll)

Quote from: Inaulct
I try to trade with the dwarf for his animal carvings. I'll trade my socks and shoes.
| You remove your emerald green Rope Reed *socks* and +shoes+. The dwarf, awestruck, gives you your pick of two of the following: an eagle carving, a cougar carving, a wolf carving, or a giant cave spider carving, in exchange for your footwear. (On your next turn, you may take two and make the trade as a free minor action.) | You accidentally move your ankle wrong while taking your shoes off, hurting it worse. (-1 to next heal roll)

Quote from: Tylui
And until then: I want to go see if I can communicate with the Dwarf with the animal statues.  Mainly, I want to find out how long until the traders get here.
| Still impressed by the elf socks, he says that their normal trader is currently partying, and could be a while.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I carefully reach into the hole, ready to yank it out at the slightest provocation (like a sudden rumble). Unless there's a lever or switch inside, I grab whatever is there and pull it out.
| You reach inside the newly made secret compartment. You pry something off of the wall, and pull out a lightweight lump of shiny, sparkly gold! A large angry rat jumps out at you.

Quote from: Andrea
i train a war walrus! (taking the walrus out of the cage of course)
| The cage door was slightly broken, and you made a lot of noise opening it. The walrus, terrified, quickly moves past you, into the south east corner.  | She knocks you down.You fall | down. You fall right on your silver crown. It is broken, and impales a lung. (Heavy bleeding, -2 all actions, must roll to survive each round. Pierced lung is a further -1.) | The crown snaps cleanly in half, and is now a tiara.

Quote from: Aqizzar
I guess I'll just have to go north where everything else seems to be and try to get the lay of the fortress and it's culture.
| You start to go back into the Trade Depot, but a barrel falls and rolls towards you! | You move aside, and the barrel doesn’t touch you. Overcome with a sudden urge to be neat, you put the barrel back where it was.

Quote from: Armok
| I walk back over to my horse and search it, hoping my bandages are still there. Somebody will surely get hurt eventually.
| You walk back to your horse, grab the bandages, which were right where you thought they were, and search the horse. |   | You find: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, and a (dwarf)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. You take everything, but still need to equip the armor and buckler.

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.
Andrea: Human. Stats. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a silver +tiara+ embedded with a Star Sapphire.Wounds: Heavy Bleeding, pierced lung.
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger
Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: Bandages, A wooden longbow bow, a quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, and a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal.
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: a dagger
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger, holding his footwear. Wounds: light bruises, and a sprained ankle (-1 to move)
Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lightweight, shiny chunk of gold.
Tylui: Human. Stats.Inventory: katana, leather armor, buckler.

NPCs: Large angry rat. Hates Sean Mirrsen.
Walrus. Looks scared.
Three horses in the trade depot, one of which is still loaded.

Rooms:
Trade Depot - Andrea, Sean Mirrsen, Armok, large angry rat, walrus.- You entered here. There are two doors on the east wall. There are two bins along the south wall. There are also two horses with goods on them, a horse carrying nothing, and a walrus in a cage.
Craftsdwarf Workshop - Frelock, DF Newb, Inaulct, Tylui - There is a craftsdwarf workshop here, along with a craftsdwarf, crafting materials, and some bins. The west door leads to Trade Depot. There is a door on the east wall.
Storage Area 1 - Aqizzar - The walls are lined with barrels. There is a lever here. The west door leads to Trade Depot. There is a door on the east wall.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:18:03 pm by Nirur Torir »

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I go back to the trade depot and get my goods from my horse.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm going to do the obvious thing here and go look in the bins in the Trade Depot...

Wait, that's not obvious at all...  But I want to know what they are/were planning on trading us.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I trade for the wolf and the giant cave spider carvings.

If I have time, I try and set my ankle. staunch Andrea's bleeding.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:18:37 pm by inaluct »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

I'll cautiously sneak through the east door.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Andrea, can I have your stuff if you bleed out? I'll try and help you next turn. I'm a little preoccupied with my ankle now, though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just so you know, your ankle will probably heal on its own eventually, since this is DF world and a sprained ankle is a light wound.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I changed my action. My goal is to escape the fortress alive, with my comrades, with the corpse of a spy, and with a profitable trade agreement with the dwarves.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

I missed my turn in a forum game?!?! I NEVER miss turns in forum games!!!!  :'(

Dammit, I guess I have reached the threshold were even I cant keep track of all the games I'm in.

For my action, I try to talk to and comfort the walrus.
If I miss more turns, I wander aimlessly and if I encounter a dwarf I rant hysterically about how they are unethical murderers.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 2.
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2008, 01:37:19 am »

also.... a strangely familiar hammer ?:D

Oh... My... Gawd.

Xenomorph was also found dead at his house, head smashed in by a large hammer that had been abandoned at the scene.

Are you in the mafia, a spy, andrea?!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

uh... look at sean RTD? i have used an hammer for 70 turns there

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I reach for the gun to kill the rat. Wait, where's my gun? Oops.. I guess I'll run then. Out the room, past the dwarf, and through the next door.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16