Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 18. Aqizzar dooms us all!  (Read 30072 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 15 has arrived! Ice cream for all!
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2008, 07:33:15 pm »

I can throw hadoukens at will huh?  Alright.

I hadouken my wound, thus obliterating it and returning my arm to normal status.  Yay computer logic.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2008, 08:28:31 pm »

I equip my artifact set.

By the way, am I a legendary leatherworker, a legendary bonecarver, or both?

Oh, and for aesthetics's sake:
On the armor is a picture of a kobold, a dwarf, and dwarves playing poker in dwarf leather.  The kobold is surrounded by the dwarves.  The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture.  The kobold is laughing.

Both. I believe I've found something worth making into a signature, thanks Frelock.  :)

From here on out, I'll stop trying to make the fortress semi-believable. I added too many empty or semi-useless rooms that take at least one turn to pass through, which isn't fun. Is there anything else that I can do to make it more fun/enjoyable?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 31, 2008, 08:36:37 pm »

Some traps with vague hints might be good. Maybe a weapon trap with small protrusions jutting out from the floor, subtly giving the trap away?

For my action, I try to convince the wounded goblin to convert to the church of Euphorbiaceae. If it prays honestly, it will not only have a place in paradise, but it will also secure a special place in the afterlife as the First Convert of Inaluct, and therefore a place as a minor saint. It's holy cracked bones will be relics. Amen.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2009, 05:37:15 am »

i meld the tiara with my head, just to be able to say that i am a scorpion king (a crown would have been better though)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2009, 03:01:35 pm »

Page two, and still only 5/7 turns posted. Bump, and I'll get started on writing the turn.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2009, 03:03:50 pm »

I'll just go ahead and examine the long corridors.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2009, 03:45:10 pm »

Turn 15. I came, I saw, I wrote down what the die told me to write.

Quote from: Armok
I want booze.
| Armok searches the dwarf’s corpse, hoping to find something to drink. He finds a half-empty flask, and swiftly quaffs the contents. He then throws the flask to the ground.

Quote from: Frelock
The artifacts must be equipped.
| Frelock wears his armor, puts the sword into a scabbard built into the shield, picks up the shield, and makes sure the crossbow is armed and easily accessable.

Quote from: Aqizzar
I’ll heal my wound with a hadouken
| Aqizzar, in a daze of pain, throws a hadouken at the source of his pain. The wound is cauterized, and the bleeding stops.

Quote from: Inaulct
For my action, I try to convince the wounded goblin to convert to the church of Euphorbiaceae. If it prays honestly, it will not only have a place in paradise, but it will also secure a special place in the afterlife as the First Convert of Inaluct, and therefore a place as a minor saint. It's holy cracked bones will be relics. Amen.
| Inaulct preaches to the goblin. It weakly mutters a curse at Inaulct, “die painfully,” before falling unconscious. Clearly, it has seen the light!

Quote from: Andrea
I use the crown to become the scorpion king
| Andrea places the crown on his head, and feels strangely warm. He tries to remove the crown, but it is stuck. He feels that he can now command scorpions to do his bidding.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I’ll search the corridors.
| Sean looks around. He ran north at the T-junction after fleeing from the boulder, so he continues going north. He enters a fairly large room. There appears to be no other way into it, but it is quite tall ... Actually, there is no roof! Sean finds himself under starlight. There appear to be only a few stories of cave wall before it reaches the surface. Upon closer inspection, there are plants growing on the ground. He sees Sun Flowers, Long Land Grass, Delexian Wheat, and many other plants. Surely, this farm could feed an entire fortress indefinitely!

Quote from: DF Newb
RTTAI(1): I practice my newfound skill on the dwarf who tried to kill us all!
| DF Newb angrily glares at the Captain who now appears to be sleeping. DF Newb feels a bit warm, but nothing happens.

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.

Andrea: Scorpion man. Stats. physically-melded with the scorpion. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast. Wounds: unharmed.

Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Able to perform a hadouken. Inventory: a dagger. Wounds: sprained wrist.,

Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. The pouch also contains an amethyst figurine of a dwarf. Status: Telepathic walrus link

DF Newb: Elf. Stats., can turn eyes into ash. Inventory: light steel full plate, an iron harp, riding a horse.

Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: Dagger, sack of lesser treasure,
Spoiler: artifact set (click to show/hide)

Inaulct: Elf. Stats., Leader of The Mighty and Valorous Church of Euphorbiaceae. Inventory: a dagger, GCS figurine, wolf figurine, fancy bone crown. No socks or shoes. Wounds: Unharmed

Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite, hollow golden egg, snake annihilator spray, a small leather sack of: gems that look ancient with some coins with a date that’s over 1000 years ago, and a small shiny golden key.

NPCs:

Armok’s walrus looks tastey.
Captain of the Guard, Dining Hall. He is at the side of the room, dozing slightly.

Goblin wrestler, broken bones, heavy pain, asleep– The goblin tries not to wake up, and succeeds.

DF Newb’s Horse- It trots around impatiently.

Rooms:
Dining Hall – Inaulct, DF Newb(mounted on horse), Aqizzar, Andrea, Captain of the Guard, two goblins, fluffy wambler – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west leading to Distillery, and a door to the east leading to Kitchen Hallway.
Farm Hallway- Sean Mirrsen – There is a T-Junction with stairs leading down to the west, an indoor-outdoor farm to the north, and ??? to the east..
Kennel – Armok, Armok’s Walrus, axe, various animals – A door lead east to Up stairway, and another leads west.
Expensive Hallway – Frelock – Double doors lead south into the Guardsdwarf Barracks. There are doors leading west, north, and east.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 16.
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2009, 03:52:43 pm »

Hallelujah! The goblin has seeeeeen the light!

Anyway, I'm going to stand above the captain of the guard, waiting for him to wake up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 16.
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2009, 03:59:21 pm »

Ah, an uninteresting farm room. With some light. Purrfect. I search the walls for strange-looking or marked holes that seem to go deep into the rock.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 16. All hail the king!
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2009, 04:19:34 pm »

itrain with the hammer, bashing random things

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2009, 05:18:02 pm »

I'll start sneaking around again, exploring this interesting place.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2009, 07:46:47 pm »

I don't know how the fortress is laid out.  I'll go down the staircase, because surely in a Dwarf Fortress, down will have more Fortress.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2009, 08:27:33 pm »

We go looking for more booze in some other place.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 16. Waiting on DF Newb.
« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2009, 12:47:47 pm »

Sorry for the recent sporadic updates, I'll try to get back to one turn a day.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 17.
« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2009, 07:51:00 pm »

Turn 16. If DF Newb doesn't respond by the next turn, I'll assume he doesn't want to play anymore, and his character will be up for grabs from a random passing forum reader. (Last Active:     Today at 06:44:27 PM)

Quote from: Inaulct
Anyway, I'm going to stand above the captain of the guard, waiting for him to wake up.
| Inaulct walks over to the sleeping captain. He nearly slips on a puddle of roast syrup, but fails to trip over something that cannot possible exist.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
Ah, an uninteresting farm room. With some light. Purrfect. I search the walls for strange-looking or marked holes that seem to go deep into the rock.
| The only cracks in the wall are shallow.

Quote from: Andrea
itrain with the hammer, bashing random things
| Andrea begins swinging the hammer around randomly. In a half-crazed dance, he | smashes through a wall. He is now a novice hammerscorpionman, getting a +1 to hit bonus. | On the other side of the wall, Andrea finds a small dark tunnel.

Quote from: Frelock
I'll start sneaking around again, exploring this interesting place.
| Frelock sneakily opens the door to the north slightly, and slips through soundlessly. On the other side is a dwarf at a desk, writing things on paper. The dwarf is muttering complaints. Frelock sees a shiny object on the ground, and picks it up. It is | only a tiny bit of glass, and Frelock drops it again.

Quote from: Aqizzar
I'll go down the staircase, because surely in a Dwarf Fortress, down will have more Fortress.
| The only stairs in sight are up, leading towards the trade depot. Forgive me for naming the rooms confusingly. I should never play another text adventure game. Aqizzar carefully studies the stairs. The floor seems to have been recently made. Aqizzar hits it with a hadouken, and it shatters. The stairs continue downards, into a tomb. There is one casket here, and various shiny items are carefully arrayed on shelves.

Quote from: Armok
We go looking for more booze in some other place.
| Armok searches the walls for booze. He finds a strange button that says “push me for a reward!” Armok pushes it. A sudden whizzing noise can be heard, and | Armok ducks. An arrow hits the wall where his head was, and sticks.

Quote from: DF Newb
RTTAI(4-1=3): I begin running about, panicking.
| DF Newb begins screeching about how the undead are after his brains. The horse rears up, | but then calms down again.

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.

Andrea: Scorpion man. Stats. physically-melded with the scorpion. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast. Wounds: unharmed.

Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Able to perform a hadouken. Inventory: a dagger. Wounds: sprained wrist.,

Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. The pouch also contains an amethyst figurine of a dwarf. Status: Telepathic walrus link

DF Newb: Elf. Stats., can turn eyes into ash. Inventory: light steel full plate, an iron harp, riding a horse.

Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: Dagger, sack of lesser treasure,
Spoiler: artifact set (click to show/hide)

Inaulct: Elf. Stats., Leader of The Mighty and Valorous Church of Euphorbiaceae. Inventory: a dagger, GCS figurine, wolf figurine, fancy bone crown. No socks or shoes. Wounds: Unharmed

Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite, hollow golden egg, snake annihilator spray, a small leather sack of: gems that look ancient with some coins with a date that’s over 1000 years ago, and a small shiny golden key.

NPCs:

Armok’s walrus licks Armok.
Captain of the Guard, Dining Hall. He is at the side of the room, somehow still sleeping.

Goblin wrestler, broken bones, heavy pain, asleep– The goblin tries to kill itself, but fails.

DF Newb’s Horse- It calms down a bit.

Rooms:
Dining Hall – Inaulct, DF Newb(mounted on horse), Aqizzar, Andrea, Captain of the Guard, wambler – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west leading to Distillery, a door to the east leading to Kitchen Hallway, and a secret passageway.
Farm Hallway- Sean Mirrsen – There is a T-Junction with stairs leading down to the west, an indoor-outdoor farm to the north, and ??? to the east..
Kennel – Armok, Armok’s Walrus, axe, various animals – A door lead east to Up stairway, and another leads west.
Expensive Hallway – Frelock – Double doors lead south into the Guardsdwarf Barracks. There are doors leading west, north towards an office, and east.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16