Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 18. Aqizzar dooms us all!  (Read 30078 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 13. Aqizzar has a fluffy problem.
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »

I carefully avoid killing the fluffy wambler. I'm not doing too well here.

Also, no more predicting the die until I stop dying. It's bad for business.

On second thought, I pray to Euphorbiaceae, holy god of broken bones, to heal me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 07:20:56 pm by inaluct »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2008, 08:43:55 pm »

We try to find a dwarf to be hypocritical to.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2008, 10:58:27 pm »

Fine, I'll kill the stupid wambler.  I'm a dwarf for Armok's sake, how hard can it be?  If I can't use my arms, of whatever that means, I'll just bodyslam the damn thing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2008, 04:41:28 am »

right... it is only a TAME scorpion. i have to train it.

i try my scorpion to war scorpion (modded game i hope)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2008, 05:22:39 am »

Well, shucks, nobody's going through the big doors, eh?

I'll continue skulking around the room, hoping to go through the platinum doors, but if no-one comes through, I'll head to the other unopened door.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2008, 06:47:57 pm »

I snake eye the goblin as hard as I can hehehe
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2008, 07:21:50 pm »

Rolls will go up in a few hours. Probably

Quote from: DF Newb
I'm not sure what that is. Even the omniscient Wikipedia that is never wrong is refusing my pleas for help.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

its when you poke the person (goblin) in the eyes with your fingers. you do it with your fingers spread out.
I don't know it that is the real name (but as memory serves it called snake eyed) of it but thats what I think. the counter it to put your hand vertically in front of your nose so that the fingers can't reach the eyes. 
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I examine the something shiny.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 13. Sean posted just after I wrote his move. Interestingly enough, the wording is very similar.

Quote from: Inaulct
On second thought, I pray to Euphorbiaceae, holy god of broken bones, to heal me.
| Inaulct says a prayer to Euphorbiaceae for help, and hears a booming voice call out “YES, YOU’LL DO. A SACRIFICE MUST BE MADE, HOWEVER.” Inaulct feels completely healed.

Quote from: Armok
We try to find a dwarf to be hypocritical to.
| Armok and the walrus set off to try to find a dwarf. They head through the western door. Inside this room, there is another door leading west, and a dwarf training animals. | The dwarf doesn’t seem to notice Armok, who then goes on to say that all animals should be free to go as they please, and that training animals is immoral. After three minutes of ranting about animals, he notices that the kennel is made of wood. With a screech of anger, Armok begins yelling at the dwarf even more loudly. | The dwarf’s eyes reflect great anger and resentment at the elf. He picks up an axe from the side of the room.

Quote from: Aqizzar
I’ll kill the fluffy wambler.
| Aqizzar stabs at the fluffy wambler, which is chewing on his shoulder! | It jumps down just before the dagger hits it. | Aqizzar hits himself with the dagger, but it hits a rib, and was only a weak thrust. The fluffy wambler attacks back! | It goes for the throat! | Aqizzar moves slightly, and the fluffy wamber only gets his shoulder again. | It bites down hard. Aqizzar’s left arm hangs limply at his side, bleeding heavily. (Left arm useless until properly healed, heavy bleeding.)

Quote from: Andrea
i try my scorpion to war scorpion (modded game i hope)
| Andrea tries to teach the scorpion how to effectively kill goblins, using the dead one as practice. Suddenly, the world fades into bright light! Andrea and the scorpion are here, but nothing else is. Andrea’s mind melds with the scorpion’s mind. Is Andrea the scorpion, or is the scorpion Andrea? | Andrea is dazed by suddenly being two beings(-1 to all rolls). The normal world returns. (Andrea is now simultaneously controlling two bodies. Losing either one would be quite bad. The scorpion’s mind is fairly weak.)

Quote from: Frelock
I sneak through the big platinum doors.
| A dwarf carrying baked sugar opens the big doors, and forgets to close them. Frelock hesitates a moment, then enters. He is now in a short hallway, with one door on each wall: north, east, west, and he came in through the south. The dwarf is gone, and all the doors look the same. The walls and floors are engraved.

Quote from: DF Newb
| DF Newb tries to blind the goblin, but misses, as the goblin is behind him.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I’ll examine the shiny object.
| Sean manages to pull the object out of the ground, but he carelessly dents it. It seems to be a hollow golden egg.

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.
Andrea: Human. Stats. Mind-melded with the scorpion. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a silver +tiara+ embedded with a Star Sapphire, riding a tame young giant scorpion. Wounds: injured lung.
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger. Wounds: sprained wrist., heavy bleeding, useless left arm.
Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. The pouch also contains an amethyst figurine of a dwarf. Status: Telepathic walrus link
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.Inventory: light steel full plate, an iron harp, riding a horse.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: Dagger, sack of lesser treasure.
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger, GCS figurine, wolf figurine. No socks or shoes. Wounds: Unharmed
Sean Mirrsen: Human. , hollow golden egg.Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite.

NPCs:

Armok’s walrus barks at the dwarf..
Captain of the Guard, Dining Hall. He is at the side of the room, watching the fight boredly.

Goblin wrestler, broken jaw, (-1 pain)– The goblin tries to dislocate DF Newb’s shoulder.
| It falls off the horse onto its face again. | | The goblin loses some teeth, but doesn’t care.

Fluffy Wambler, unwounded – The fluffy wambler is currently successfully drinking Aqizzar’s blood.

DF Newb’s Horse- RTTAI: (2) It watches the fluffy wambler.

Dwarven axeman, unharmed- He picked up his axe.

Rooms:
Dining Hall – Inaulct, DF Newb(mounted on horse), Aqizzar, Andrea, Captain of the Guard, two goblins, fluffy wambler – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west leading to Distillery, and a door to the east leading to Kitchen Hallway.
UNKNOWN Hallway- Sean Mirrsen – There is a T-Junction, but Sean cannot see any further in the dim light without getting closer.
Kennel – Armok, Armok’s Walrus, dwarven trainer, various animals – A door lead east to Up stairway, and another leads west.
Expensive Hallway – Frelock – Double doors lead south into the Guardsdwarf Barracks. There are doors leading west, north, and east.
Spoiler: Unseen Rooms (click to show/hide)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 14. Another turn, and life goes on.
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2008, 11:26:57 pm »

I hold down the goblin and sacrifice it. DF Newb, help me on this. If we work together, we'll get a bonus that could probably result in the goblin's death.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2008, 11:27:35 pm »

I continue to rant ceaselessly, however I begin to stutter, be even MORE incoherent, cold sweet, and back away from the dwarf.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2008, 11:31:12 pm »

Well, I'm apparently not having any luck with this weasel on my arm, so I'll help inaluct sacrifice that goblin.  Hopefully I'll get some kind of favor from that healing god.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 21, 2008, 05:04:19 am »

I'll keep exploring (while sneaking) in a random direction.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 21, 2008, 06:04:53 am »

i kill goblins
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16