Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 18. Aqizzar dooms us all!  (Read 30076 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 11. Nobody wins free pie.
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2008, 04:53:08 pm »

I wake up.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2008, 07:42:09 pm »

I try to trample the goblin with my horse which I am riding.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2008, 08:51:38 pm »

I carry the walrus on my head.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2008, 07:49:21 am »

Screw that wambler, I'mma kill the gnome, cause I don't take no shoe-stealing crap.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2008, 10:40:17 am »

Turn 11. As this was rolled for and typed shortly after I woke up, there are bound to be crippling mistakes. Sadly, it is nowhere near as epic as Multiworld Madness.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I go up the stairs, naturally. I hope to come across a craftshop or a finished goods stockpile, but a rolling boulder trap will do as well.
| Sean climbs the stairs, two at a time. At the top, he finds a long hallway leading east, gently sloping in that direction. Halfway along the hallway, a corridor breaks off towards the north. Sean cannot quite make out anything beyond the junction at this point, so he wanders towards it. Before he gets very far, he hears a rumbling sound behind him! He turns, and sees a boulder approaching!

Quote from: Andrea
i teach my scorpion to climb up and down stairs
| Andrea’s scorpion decides to investigate the stairs on its own, and has fun running up and down the stairs for a bit before Andrea stops it and they head into the Dining Hall.

Quote from: Frelock
I'll continue on, sneaking through the west door, and making good use of the kobold's [ TRAPAVOID] ability.
| Did I say kobolds had [trAPAVOID]? No. Well, Frelock now has [trAPNOTICE] +3 while sneaking, because I completely forgot about it, and he rolled a 9.
Frelock enters a large room with pillars holding it up. There are lots of guards sparring, but none seem to notice him. Ornately engraved double ☼platinum doors☼ are in the north, while another door leads south.  Frelock hides behind a barrel, out of sight. | He notices a few small holes in the floor near the door, but doesn’t see any way to set a trap off.

Quote from: Inaulct
I wake up.
| Inaulct is having a lovely dream about a field of Sunflowers, where he may run about without broken legs, freely killing any who disrespect trees.

Quote from: DF Newb
I try to trample the goblin with my horse which I am riding.
| DF Newb tries to convince the horse to trample the goblin, but the horse isn’t getting the idea.

Quote from: Armok
I carry the walrus on my head.
| Armok tries to pick up the walrus, but simply isn’t strong enough.

Quote from: Aqizzar
The gnome must die!
| Aqizzar attempts to skewer the gnome with his dagger. | The gnome jumps behind Aqizzar, and tries to bite him. | It aims a good bite at Aqizzar’s ankles.. | Aqizzar accidentally jumps on the gnome’s head. | The gnome’s head explodes, and now Aqizzar has gnomish goo on his shoe. (….Word says that goo isn’t a word. Right.)

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.
Andrea: Human. Stats. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a silver +tiara+ embedded with a Star Sapphire, riding a tame young giant scorpion. Wounds: punctured lung, bruised head.
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger. Wounds: sprained wrist.
Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. The pouch also contains an amethyst figurine of a dwarf. Status: Telepathic walrus link
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.Inventory: light steel full plate, an iron harp, riding a horse.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: Dagger, sack of lesser treasure.
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger, GCS figurine, wolf figurine. No socks or shoes. Wounds: scratched shoulder, light bleeding, broken legs, unconscious.
Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite.

NPCs:

Armok’s walrus looks at Armok with a confused look.
Captain of the Guard, Dining Hall. He is at the side of the room, watching the fight.

Gnome, dead – The gnome got underneath Aqizzar’s shoe, has been transformed to goo, is now feeling blue, yes it is true.

Goblin wrestler, unwounded– The goblin tries to bite DF Newb.
| It ends up gnawing a strip of leather instead. Tasty.

Goblin spearman, asleep- It tries to kill Inaluct.
| It is having a lovely dream about a field of sunflowers. The sunflowers are burning.

Fluffy Wambler, unwounded – The fluffy wambler tries to gnaw on Aqizzar’s nose.
| The fluffy wambler jumps at Aqizzar. | Aqizzar is too busy trying to get the gnome goo off his shoe to notice. | The fluffy wamber’s teeth are unable to chew through the dwarf this turn.

DF Newb’s Horse- RTTAI (2+1=3) The horse tries to run to safety
| It accidently steps on the sleeping goblin spearman as it runs across the room. | The horse only steps on the goblin’s hair, and it remains unharmed.

Rooms:
Dining Hall – Inaulct, DF Newb(mounted on horse), Aqizzar, Andrea, Captain of the Guard, two goblins, fluffy wambler – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west leading to Distillery, and a door to the east leading to Kitchen Hallway.
UNKNOWN Hallway- Sean Mirrsen – There is a T-Junction, but Sean cannot see any further in the dim light without getting closer.
Down Stairway 2- Armok, Armok’s Walrus. - A staircase leading down. The western door leads to Storage Area 2. There is an open cage here.
Guardsdwarf Barracks – Frelock, lots of guardsdwarves sparring – Highly ornate double ☼platinum doors☼ lead north, with a single, simple door leading south.
Spoiler: Unseen Rooms (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 11:38:28 am by Nirur Torir »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 12. The gnome gets Aqizzar's shoe.
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

I realize that double posting is a crime against nature, but there's probably a character limit in posts. Anyway, the reason the formatting keeps changing, and one reason why mistakes are so common, is because of all the [tags]. Now for a special behind the scenes look at what really gets typed! (Not that anyone cares, and Sean's tags are probably more numerous...)

Hmm, the addition of the horizontal scroll bar in code tags make it easy to read. Copy-paste in Word for the full effect.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2008, 11:09:05 am »

i go down and attack enemyes with my scorpion!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2008, 11:37:34 am »

Ah, Andrea already found an error. I always forget to update the room status. Andrea, you are already in the Dining Hall.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2008, 01:53:46 pm »

Big platinum doors, you say?  Sounds like a good place to steal something.

I sneak through the big platinum doors.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2008, 03:17:56 pm »

i attack the goblins, with my hammer and my scorpion!
(lets see what the guard will think about that.)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2008, 08:33:05 pm »

In my dream, I have a vision. A massive, cyclopean stepped pyramid rises up below me, elevating me thousands of feet from the field of sunflowers. A gigantic serpent with iridescent scales soars up from behind the horizon, hurtling towards me. The titanic serpent, resplendent in it's scintillating scales, reaches me in seconds. Only part of it's body is visible, the rest is still hidden behind the horizon. With a mighty roar, I punch the serpent's head, causing it to shatter like glass. The glass falls into the field, and trees grow. As my vision concludes, I wake up with a new view of the world and fantastic mental powers.

(I can't wait to see the massively anticlimactic thing that happens when I inevitably roll a 2).

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2008, 09:28:36 pm »

I let the walrus lead the way instead.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2008, 01:30:20 am »

So, wait, the boulder is rolling from the direction of the staircase? Hm. Interesting. Well, let's do the obvious thing and RUN! Left. Then right. Then right again. Well, presuming I do get that far. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2008, 03:49:28 am »

Screw the fluffy wambler for now.  What's it gonna do, nibble my toes off?  Being a dwarven thief, I will get in an automatic sneak attack on the sleeping speargob.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2008, 07:20:43 pm »

Turn 12. I think that your foes are hurting themselves more you’re hurting them.

Quote from: Andrea
i go down and attack enemyes with my scorpion!
| Andrea orders his scorpion to attack the goblin wrestler. The scorpion looks at Andrea quizzically.

Quote from: Frelock
I sneak through the big platinum doors.
| Frelock creeps along the wall, remaining in the shadows. He accidentally kicks a rock, which hits a sparring dwarf in the back of the head. The dwarf falls over, skewering himself on the spear of his sparring partner, who begins cheering wildly. The remainder of his walk is uneventful, and he hides near the doors, waiting for them to open. | Nobody opens the doors this turn, and Frelock decides against risking breaking cover his by opening the doors himself.

Quote from: Inaulct
In my dream, I have a vision. A massive, cyclopean stepped pyramid rises up below me, elevating me thousands of feet from the field of sunflowers. A gigantic serpent with iridescent scales soars up from behind the horizon, hurtling towards me. The titanic serpent, resplendent in it's scintillating scales, reaches me in seconds. Only part of it's body is visible, the rest is still hidden behind the horizon. With a mighty roar, I punch the serpent's head, causing it to shatter like glass. The glass falls into the field, and trees grow. As my vision concludes, I wake up with a new view of the world and fantastic mental powers.
| Inaulct has a wondrous dream. He slaughters a truly massive serpent, and somehow he feels … different. He awakens, and realizes something: He just killed his subconscious mind, and must now actively breathe. Should he get knocked out, he will die. (Oh, right, failsafe. How did you learn to call the die like that? You should be careful what you wish for.) Inaulct dreams of a massive pyramid elevating him up thousands of feet into the air. He dreams of a serpent heading towards him at supersonic speeds! He punches its nose. This was a bad move, as the serpent is far more durable then Inaulct’s hand. | Inaulct awakens, dizzy and scared. (-1 next roll)

Quote from: Armok
I let the walrus lead the way instead.
| Armok stares the walrus down, and it goes down the stairs to avoid his gaze. He follows it, and is now in a corridor with doors going east and west.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
So, wait, the boulder is rolling from the direction of the staircase? Hm. Interesting. Well, let's do the obvious thing and RUN! Left. Then right. Then right again. Well, presuming I do get that far.
| Sean is being chased by a boulder! After some dramatic music, he runs towards the gap, and barely makes it before the boulder rushes past him. He managed to keep his hat. He keeps running, and turns towards the right. Oops, there was a wall there. | He suffers some light bruises, and falls over, but is otherwise okay. He lands on something shiny partially embedded in the floor.

Quote from: Aqizzar
I cruelly stab the sleeping spear goblin.
| Aqizzar ignores the fluffy wambler stuck to his face, and stabs the sleeping spear goblin. | He hits a vital organ, | waking it up. It tries to stab Aqizzar back, | but bleeds out before it can.

Quote from: DF Newb
RTTAI:(3)I’m going to bite that goblin’s face off.
| DF Newb grabs the goblin, and lunges toward its face. | The goblin wriggles out of his grip, and falls onto the floor headfirst. | Its jaw appears to be broken, it is probably in pain (-1 all rolls.)

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.
Andrea: Human. Stats. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a silver +tiara+ embedded with a Star Sapphire, riding a tame young giant scorpion. Wounds: punctured lung, bruised head.
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger. Wounds: sprained wrist. Wounds: moderate bleeding.
Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. The pouch also contains an amethyst figurine of a dwarf. Status: Telepathic walrus link
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.Inventory: light steel full plate, an iron harp, riding a horse.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: Dagger, sack of lesser treasure.
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger, GCS figurine, wolf figurine. No socks or shoes. Wounds: scratched shoulder, light bleeding, broken legs, unconscious.
Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite.

NPCs:

Armok’s walrus looks at Armok gleefully.
Captain of the Guard, Dining Hall. He is at the side of the room, watching the fight boredly.

Goblin wrestler, broken jaw, (-1 pain)– The goblin tries to crush DF Newb’s throat.
| The goblin stands up, jumps towards DF Newb, and | wraps both arms tightly around DF Newb’s throat. | DF Newb doesn’t seem to notice.

Goblin spearman, dead- It is too dead to kill Aqizzar.

Fluffy Wambler, unwounded – The fluffy wambler tries to eat Aqizzar’s left arm
| The fluffy wambler jumps down to Aqizzar’s shoulder, and starts gnawing away hungerly. | Aqizzar notices the fluffy wamber, and tries to knock it away with his dagger. | The fluffy wambler notices the dagger well in advance, jumps onto the other arm, and begins gnawing on that one. Both arms are now bleeding moderatly.

DF Newb’s Horse- There’s nothing it can do, so it does nothing.

Rooms:
Dining Hall – Inaulct, DF Newb(mounted on horse), Aqizzar, Andrea, Captain of the Guard, two goblins, fluffy wambler – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west leading to Distillery, and a door to the east leading to Kitchen Hallway.
UNKNOWN Hallway- Sean Mirrsen – There is a T-Junction, but Sean cannot see any further in the dim light without getting closer.
Up stairway 1 - Armok, Armok’s Walrus. – East-west corridor with doors at either end, and stairs leading up towards Down Stairway 2.
Guardsdwarf Barracks – Frelock, lots of guardsdwarves sparring – Highly ornate double ☼platinum doors☼ lead north, with a single, simple door leading south.
Spoiler: Unseen Rooms (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16