Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 18. Aqizzar dooms us all!  (Read 30081 times)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 8. Andrea has a bad day.
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2008, 09:25:36 am »

when is the turn going to end???
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2008, 11:37:38 am »

Quote from: DF Newb
when is the turn going to end???
I believe we're waiting on Aqizzar and Sean. I thought I'd updated the title to show that, but I guess I didn't, so I'll go fix that now.

Tylui, I'm sorry that I killed you off. I'd actually intended to keep you alive for another 1-3 turns, but the dice disagreed with me.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2008, 11:43:15 am »

I look at the dwarves, puzzled. And slowly back off into the room, holding the keg in front of me like a shield. If any one of them does anything strange, I whack the closest one with the keg and run into the corridor, taking random turns.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 8. Waiting on Sean and Aqizzar.
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2008, 11:44:59 am »

Don't worry about it.  You did what any GM would.  Sorry I only lasted 2 or 3 turns after being so pushy about getting in. :P

Anyway, before you changed the title, I noticed this and thought it was neat that Andrea was so popular.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

Andrea seems to have committed an unthinkable atrocity against the dicekind. He's since fixed it, which caused a barrage of overshots in my RTD. I wonder what'll happen here.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2008, 08:22:59 am »

Turn 8 up, sorry for the delays. You crazed elf people with your peaceful tendencies… <shakes fist menacingly>
Be sure you check the NPC section this turn.

Quote from: Frelock
I gather up my winnings, pocket my dagger, give the figurines back to Inaulct, and untie myself.
| When the dwarves notice that Frelock’s still tied up, they untie him. He reclaims his dagger and returns the figurines. He begins trying to gather up his winnings, but realizes that he might have trouble carrying it all. | The dwarves are still amazed at Frelock’s skill, and one of them hands him a –pig tail sack-. Frelock puts the treasure in the sack.

Quote from: Armok
I hurl myself at the shiny object, consumed by greed..
| Armok runs towards the treasure, and then takes a great leap. He lands just next to the treasure, and looks at it. | The shiny thing was an +amethyst+ cut into the shape of a dwarf. The dwarf looks mean, yet somehow dependable.

Quote from: Inaulct
I explain to the captain of the guard that we are merchants from The Forest of Agony, and we are here to negotiate a special trade agreement with the dwarves of The Fermented Mushroom. Unlike usual elves, we will allow them to place orders for specific goods, such as fine caged walruses and high (or low) quality wooden weapons. We have a large selection of animals that they can stock their fortresses with.
| The captain of the guard looks very impressed. (his reaction will be in the NPC section).

I show the Captain of the Guard that I will give him a iron harp if he takes me too the Mayor
| The captain looks surprised that elves would have such a fine instrument. (his reaction will be in the NPC section).

Quote from: Andrea
I WILL RIDE THAT SCORPION!!!
| Andrea wanders over to the scorpion, releases it, and sits on it. It does not try to kill him, surprisingly.

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I look at the dwarves, puzzled. And slowly back off into the room, holding the keg in front of me like a shield. If any one of them does anything strange, I whack the closest one with the keg and run into the corridor, taking random turns.
| The dwarves realize that they’re wasting valuable time, and get back to work. The one that was moving things | notices his keg, and takes it back. | Sean does not resist, but is surprised, and barely moves down the corridor at all.

Quote from: Aqizzar
RTTAI: (3) Annoyed at missing the game, I punch the wall.
| Aqizzar aims a good, solid punch at the nearest wall. | His wrist looks sprained.

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.
Andrea: Human. Stats. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a silver +tiara+ embedded with a Star Sapphire, riding a young giant scorpion.Wounds: punctured lung, bruised head.
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger. Wounds: sprained wrist.
Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. Status: Telepathic walrus link
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.Inventory: light steel full plate, an iron harp, riding a horse.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: Dagger, sack of lesser treasure.
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger, GCS figurine, wolf figurine. No socks or shoes.
Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite.
Tylui: Dead. Inventory: katana, leather armor, buckler.

NPCs:

Armok’s walrus tries to follow him towards the treasure. Armok hears a sound, looks around, and sees his walrus in a cage behind him. It must have triggered a trap that Armok jumped over. The walrus is confused.

Captain of the Guard, Dining Hall. He says that the mayor is uncertain of the use of elves. There is, however, one way to prove yourselves ... He claps his hands three times, and walks over to the side of the room.

Four trap doors open in the ceiling, and something drops out of each!

| A gnome falls from the first trapdoor. | It does a double-back flip before landing perfectly.

| A goblin wrestler falls from the second trapdoor. | It hits the ground hard, and is slightly dazed (-1 next action)

| A goblin spearman falls from the third trapdoor. | It hits the ground hard, and is slightly dazed (-1 next action)

| A fluffy Wambler falls from the fourth trapdoor. | It bounces slightly when it hits the ground, and looks perfectly fine. It glares at Frelock.

DF Newb’s Horse
Five dwarves from the card game. They wander out the west door, ready to get back to work.
Three dwarven workers, Kitchen Hallway- Working.
A dwarven guard, Kitchen Hallway- Busy ensuring that nothing steals the kitchen.

Rooms:
Dining Hall – Frelock, DF Newb(mounted on horse), Aqizzar, six dwarven card players – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west leading to Distillery, and a door to the east leading to Kitchen Hallway.
 Kitchen Hallway – Sean Mirrsen - A moderately long hallway leading north. There is a door leading west roughly in the middle and a door leading into Dining Area at the southern end. At the end is a staircase leading up. Set into the east wall is a kitchen, a butcher’s workplace, a tannery, and piles of food just lying on the ground.
Storage Area 2 - Andrea - The walls are lined with barrels. The west door leads to Storage Area 1. There is a door on the east wall. Lying on the ground is: a donkey in a cage, wooden blocks.
 Down Stairway 2- Armok, Armok’s Walrus. - A staircase leading down. The western door leads to Storage Area 2. Set a small distance into the far wall, there is something that looks valuable.
Spoiler: Unseen Rooms (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:05:47 pm by Nirur Torir »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 9 has arrived.
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2008, 08:56:22 am »

i tame and train the scorpion. i want a war scorpion to ride .

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2008, 09:07:02 am »

I don't think I'm THAT optimistic to think I have a half-empty keg when I don't. Fix, please.

I walk down the hallway and cautiously look into what's behind the door to the west.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2008, 09:46:00 am »

Oops, thanks for catching that.

Since it is starting to seem a bit mazelike, I guess I'll draw a map if it is requested.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2008, 12:56:48 pm »

Please do if you have some free time; it would be very helpful.

I run around a corner somewhere and begin sneaking.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2008, 01:29:40 pm »

Wait, since when do I have a horse?

Anyway, if Tylui's body is in the same room, I grab his stuff and put it on.

If not, I stab the goblin spearman to death and grab his spear.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2008, 02:04:44 pm »

Quote from: Inaluct
Wait, since when do I have a horse?
Since I decided to write a turn up just after waking up. Good catch.

Quote from: Inaluct
Also, just so you know, my name is inaluct. I decided to just point that out after it got misspelled again in that quote. Don't bother changing it though, since my character's name is actually inaulct.
...Why would you do that to me? I have enough trouble with remembering names as it is.  :P

The trade depot is assumed to be on z level 0, for simplicity's sake.
Spoiler: Z=0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Z=-1 (click to show/hide)
The Kitchen Hallway continues up for 15 tiles or so, with stairs leading up at the end.

Hopefully, these maps will help.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:32:43 pm by Nirur Torir »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2008, 02:20:21 pm »

Also, just so you know, my name is inaluct. I decided to just point that out after it got misspelled again in that quote. Don't bother changing it though, since my character's name is actually inaulct.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 13, 2008, 08:08:44 pm »

I desperately try to free the walrus.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 9 has arrived. Waiting on Aqizzar and DF Newb.
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2008, 07:19:46 pm »

Turn 9 up. DF Newb and Aqizzar are on RTTAI, I need to get this RTD moving again. Aqizzar is likely to start doing more painful things on RTTAI soon.

Quote from: Andrea
i tame and train the scorpion. i want a war scorpion to ride .
| Using a bit of food that Andrea found on the ground, he tames the scorpion. It seems to like Andrea, and will probably listen to him and attack anybody who threatens him. (+1 on rolls with the scorpion.)

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
I walk down the hallway and cautiously look into what's behind the door to the west.
| The dwarves ignore Sean as he opens the door to the west ((To the Distillery)). It is a hallway leading west, with a food stockpile. There are three dwarves moving food items around. | Since Sean isn’t in the way, they ignore him.

Quote from: Frelock
I run around a corner somewhere and begin sneaking.
| Frelock, scared by the sudden appearance of apparently hostile creatures, goes completely still. Inaulct, who was staring right at Frelock, looks a bit confused, and turns his head a bit, looking for Frelock. (Frelock can now start sneaking while somebody is looking at him.)

Quote from: Inaulct
I stab the goblin spearman to death and grab his spear.
| Inaulct draws his dagger and tries a weak stab at the goblin spearman. The spearman sees him, and with his longer reach, jabs at Inaulct. | It aims the jab perfectly at Inaulct’s chest. | Inaulct isn’t fast enough to dodge, and is still in the way of the spear when it hits him! | He gets a moderate scratch on his shoulder. (light bleeding)

Quote from: Armok
I desperately try to free the walrus.
| Armok tries to open the cage door, which, oddly enough, was unlocked. It opens with minimal effort, and the walrus is free! The walrus sniffs Armok’s ear gratefully.

RTTAI:(5) I hurt the goblin wrestler.
| DF Newb begins trying to wrestle the goblin while he is mounted. | The goblin is surprised by this move, and is caught off guard. | DF Newb is strangling the goblin, who cannot seem to understand what is happening to it. | The horse gets annoyed at the goblin, and bites its foot. The goblin is in pain (-1 next roll).

Quote from: Aqizzar
RTTAI: (1) I begin breakdancing.
| Aqizzar break-dances perfectly! Although he is a bit dizzy (-1 next roll), the goblins and gnome look very impressed (-1 to their rolls next turn.)

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.
Andrea: Human. Stats. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a silver +tiara+ embedded with a Star Sapphire, riding a tame young giant scorpion. Wounds: punctured lung, bruised head.
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger. Wounds: sprained wrist.
Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. The pouch also contains an amethyst figurine of a dwarf. Status: Telepathic walrus link
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.Inventory: light steel full plate, an iron harp, riding a horse.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: Dagger, sack of lesser treasure.
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger, GCS figurine, wolf figurine. No socks or shoes. Wounds: scratched shoulder, light bleeding
Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite.
Tylui: Dead. Inventory: katana, leather armor, buckler.

NPCs:

Armok’s walrus looks at Armok lovingly.
Captain of the Guard, Dining Hall. He is at the side of the room, watching the fight.

Gnome, unwounded – It begins trying to find Frelock.
| All it finds is a bit of dust.

Goblin wrestler, out of breath –The goblin tries to escape
| It manages to loosen DF Newb’s grip, and it can breathe now.

Goblin spearman, unwounded – Fighting Inaulct

Fluffy Wambler, unwounded – It tries to rip Frelock’s jugular out, and gorge itself on his tasty blood.
| It sniffs the air, trying to find the kobold.

DF Newb’s Horse
Three dwarven workers, Kitchen Hallway- Working?
Two dwarven workers, Food Stockpile – Working.
A dwarven guard, Kitchen Hallway- Busy ensuring that nothing steals the kitchen?

Rooms:
Dining Hall – Frelock, DF Newb(mounted on horse), Aqizzar, Captain of the Guard, two goblins, gremlin, fluffy wambler – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west leading to Distillery, and a door to the east leading to Kitchen Hallway.
 Kitchen Hallway - A moderately long hallway leading north. There is a door leading west roughly in the middle and a door leading into Dining Area at the southern end. At the end is a staircase leading up. Set into the east wall is a kitchen, a butcher’s workplace, a tannery, and piles of food just lying on the ground.
Storage Area 2 - Andrea - The walls are lined with barrels. The west door leads to Storage Area 1. There is a door on the east wall. Lying on the ground is: a donkey in a cage, wooden blocks.
 Down Stairway 2- Armok, Armok’s Walrus. - A staircase leading down. The western door leads to Storage Area 2. Set a small distance into the far wall, there is something that looks valuable.
Food Stockpile – Sean Mirrsen, two dwarves – A hallway and food stockpile between the Distillery and Kitchen Hallway.
Spoiler: Unseen Rooms (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:04:41 am by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16