Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 18. Aqizzar dooms us all!  (Read 30090 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 7. Tylui does a Very Bad Thing.
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2008, 01:22:59 pm »

Quote from: Sean Mirrsen
You misspelled "Mirrsen
I'm very sorry. For some reason, I spell your name "Merrisen" roughly half the time when I type it. I usually catch myself though.  :-[

"there's a door on the east wall" sounds kinda strange.
I've a novice GM (probably fairly obvious), how should I be describing rooms so that the descriptions sound better and are less confusing?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2008, 01:35:36 pm »

Well, in case of a door that leads somewhere, just say that "The eastern door is closed." implying it "hasn't been opened yet".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2008, 01:47:13 pm »

will my lung self heal , given enough time? if not, i try to make it regenerate, somehow. if yes, or if first action is impossible, i'l ltry again on the scorpion.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2008, 03:42:37 pm »

I would like to try and join the dwarves game of kobold's gambit and I will bet my horse to play.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:51:05 pm by DF newb »
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2008, 04:05:28 pm »

I didn't even make it to the game yet?  Alright, I'll keep going.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2008, 04:23:39 pm »

I continue playing cards, using my dagger as betting materiel.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2008, 07:56:18 pm »

I give Frelock the animal figurines to use as betting material and go through the east door, still looking for a dwarf to hold a meeting with.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2008, 08:07:50 pm »

I repeat last action
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 7. Andrea's bad day.
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2008, 10:02:58 pm »

Turn 7 up at last. Andrea, why do dice (and doors) hate you so?
Also, this isn’t going where I expected it to go. Find the mistakes, they’re in there somewhere.

Anyways, I attempt to obtain myself a drink, and then walk out the east door whether I'm successful or not.
(no, I don't drink the "drink", I just take it with me as a possible bribe)
| Sean grabs a mini-keg off the nearest table, and wanders out the east door. He optimistically notes that the keg is half-empty (he’s heard tales of humans who drink undiluted dwarf liquor). Beyond the door is a moderately long hallway leading north. There is a door leading west roughly in the middle. At the end is a staircase leading up. Set into the east wall is a kitchen, a butcher’s workplace, a tannery, and piles of food just lying on the ground. | There are four dwarves in the room. One is in the kitchen, one is guarding the kitchen, and two are carrying food items around. As Sean walks in, all four drop what they are doing (literally) and walk over to Sean. They are awestruck for some strange reason.

Quote from: Andrea
i'l ltry again on the scorpion.
| Andrea gets up, and begins moving towards the scorpion cage. The door mysteriously swings shut, closing in Andrea’s face. | He doesn’t notice, and walks right into it! | He doesn’t notice the pain of running into a solid door, but the door refuses his attempts at opening it.

Quote from: DF Newb
I would like to try and join the dwarves game of kobold's gambit and I will bet my horse to play.
| The dwarves are too focused on their game to notice DF Newb’s attempts at getting delt in.

Quote from: Aqizzar
I didn't even make it to the game yet?  Alright, I'll keep going.
| Aqizzar continues running, and almost falls down the stairs. However, he would look silly falling down stairs, so he walks down them calmly, and is now in the Dining Hall.

Quote from: Inaulct
I give Frelock the animal figurines to use as betting material and go through the east door, still looking for a dwarf to hold a meeting with.
| Inaulct gives the figurines to Frelock, and then stays to watch the game, as one of the dwarves looks important.

Quote from: Frelock
I continue playing cards, using my dagger as betting materiel.
| The dwarves look a bit surprised when Frelock puts the dagger on the table, but accept it. | One of the dwarves folds, and the rest add more trinkets to the pile, with Frelock adding a figurine. The game goes on; betting intensifies. With only Frelock and one dwarf left, everyone in the room watches. Frelock reveals his hand, as does the dwarf. Frelock won! The important-looking dwarf seems completly shocked at Frelock’s great skill. He tells Frelock and Inaulct that he is | The Captain of the Guard. He asks how he can help.

Quote from: Armok
I go east, hoping to find some dwarves to insult.
| Armok opens the door, and goes east. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Er, I mean, Armok sees a staircase leading down. Set a small distance into the far wall, he sees something that looks valuable. There are no dwarves to insult.

Quote from: Tylui
Tylui is passed out, drunk. There is only one action he may take: attempting to kill himself, to avoid his hangover.
| Tylui does not manage to wake up to kill himself.

Everybody: Wearing emerald green Rope Reed clothes.
Andrea: Human. Stats. Inventory: a hammer, a dagger, a goblin tallow roast, and a silver +tiara+ embedded with a Star Sapphire.Wounds: punctured lung, bruised head.
Aqizzar: Dwarf.Stats. Inventory: a dagger
Armok: Elf. Stats.Inventory: A wooden longbow bow + quiver with 20 wooden arrows, a pair of bone gauntlets, a wooden buckler, an aluminum toy boat, a (human)leather pouch with three small cut gems: an onyx, a zircon, and a quartz crystal. Status: Telepathic walrus link
DF Newb: Elf. Stats.Inventory: light steel full plate, an iron harp, riding a horse.
Frelock: Kobold.StatsInventory: Nothing!
Inaulct: Elf. Stats.Inventory: a dagger. No socks or shoes.
Sean Mirrsen: Human. Stats.Inventory: leather whip, awesome fedora, leather armor, buckler, lump of pyrite, half-empty mini-keg.
Tylui: Dead. Inventory: katana, leather armor, buckler.

Tylui | The vaporization of his liver is too much for Tylui to handle. He is dead, sorry.

NPCs:
A craftsdwarf.
Armok’s walrus.
Two horses in the Trade Depot.
Horse
Six dwarves playing cards in Dining Hall. The dwarves look a bit sad at the loss of their treasure, but impressed by Frelock.
Four dwarven workers, Distillery.
A speardwarf guard, Distillery.
Three dwarven workers, Kitchen Hallway-Enthralled by Sean.
A dwarven guard, Kitchen Hallway-Enthralled by Sean.

Rooms:
Trade Depot - Andrea,  two horses - You entered here. There are two doors on the east wall. There are two bins along the south wall, one with stone blocks, the other with a tattered Pig Tail Sock. There are also two horses carrying nothing.
Dining Hall – Frelock, DF Newb(mounted on horse), Aqizzar, six dwarven card players – This room has stairs leading up to Down Stairway 1, a door to the west leading to Distillery, and a door to the east leading to Kitchen Hallway.
 Kitchen Hallway – Sean Mirrsen - A moderately long hallway leading north. There is a door leading west roughly in the middle and a door leading into Dining Area at the southern end. At the end is a staircase leading up. Set into the east wall is a kitchen, a butcher’s workplace, a tannery, and piles of food just lying on the ground.
 Down Stairway 2- Armok, Armok’s Walrus. - A staircase leading down. The western door leads to Storage Area 2. Set a small distance into the far wall, there is something that looks valuable.
Spoiler: Unseen Rooms (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Escape the Dwarves, Turn 8. Andrea has a bad day.
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2008, 10:31:36 pm »

I gather up my winnings, pocket my dagger, give the figurines back to Inaulct, and untie myself.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2008, 11:09:40 pm »

I hurl myself at the shiny object, consumed by greed.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2008, 11:22:55 pm »

I explain to the captain of the guard that we are merchants from The Forest of Agony, and we are here to negotiate a special trade agreement with the dwarves of The Fermented Mushroom. Unlike usual elves, we will allow them to place orders for specific goods, such as fine caged walruses and high (or low) quality wooden weapons. We have a large selection of animals that they can stock their fortresses with.

If a merchant will do it instead (which is what I recommend), I'll stand near them. That would include following them around if they get led towards the mayor.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:32:48 pm by inaluct »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2008, 07:55:05 am »

I WILL RIDE THAT SCORPION!!!
(action)

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2008, 05:55:45 pm »

I show the Captain of the Guard that I will give him a iron harp if he takes me too the Mayor
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2008, 11:45:47 am »

Humbug.

Figures it'd be the turn before I return that I die.  And not even during my main action, either. :P
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16