Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid dwarves are blind  (Read 1295 times)

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stupid dwarves are blind
« on: December 01, 2008, 11:23:30 pm »

I'm havign a problem where I have many empty bags all ready to be used but when I designate sand to be collected we get a message saying there are noempty bags.

this also happened when trying to tan hides when skin was available.
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid dwarves are blind
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:26:12 pm »

I'm havign a problem where I have many empty bags all ready to be used but when I designate sand to be collected we get a message saying there are noempty bags.

this also happened when trying to tan hides when skin was available.
Are they forbidden?

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:31:07 pm »

Nope
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:33:26 am »

ive have seen something strange but similiar with barrels. these barrels were empty, but were still considered food barrels. there was nothing in them, there names were that of normal barrels, yet they were treated as if they had food in them. could be the same thign with those bags

also could something be blocking the path to the bags? could the bags already be full?

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 12:34:34 am »

Are there possibly hauling tasks in queue dealing with them? They won't be touched for work if there's a task made to haul them, whether or not it's currently being done. (Often had this happen with someone making pig iron, then steel, complaining after smelting pig iron that he can't fin pig iron to make steel with. Because the pig iron got queued right away to be hauled to bar/block stores.)
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 01:20:07 pm »

Did you designate an area for sand collecting? 'I' -> 'S' -> Enter Enter?
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 03:55:56 pm »

are there orders set to ignore things in the o menu?  That'll cause all kind of weird problems (as I've noticed when I accidentally unclick one, and wonder why there are bags and doors all over my fortress.  ><)