Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Evolution 4 - Need new players, Turn 1 done! Post your damn actions for turn 2!!  (Read 15290 times)

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution 4 - Need new players, Turn 1 done!
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2008, 06:34:31 am »

TURN 2 EVENT!

On a particularly cloudless night, the Ahkarii who still clung to the old tradition of star worship, noticed a shimmer to the sky, that seemed unnatural. A mist hung high above the ground in the midst of where the clouds should be. The Ahkarii thought nothing of it.

The mist was a formation from space, it could absorb hydrogen like nothing else. This meant that the clouds which were life givers for all species could no longer form. The land dried up trees died and fell plains turned to desert and rivers dried up. Only those who knew places where water bubbled from the ground survived. The mist had another effect too. In places where the mist had filtered down those who ventured too close were suddenly and grossly mutated into shadows of their former selves.

On a good note though, some parts of the fungal forests have died off creating plains and grasslands again.

Turn 2 map - http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w324/Shikogan/Evo4-Turn1.gif
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:05:21 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2008, 06:37:56 am »

I'll assume I've got the all clear for leading the Yrb to dominance. Iituem's legacy shall be glorious!

Also, how many critters died just then?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2008, 06:43:26 am »

Are there too many Gods? If not, I will be one. It seems an easier thing than being a species.

I'd prefer a species to another god, if that's alright. i mean you can be a god if you want to, you just need to post an action and 1 major and 2 minor spheres of influence with a backstory.
Ok. I'm still going to be a god because being a species looks hard.

Patecatl is a God in the form of a Bull.
Its major sphere is Earth, and his two minor spheres is Medicine and Fertility.
Backstory: Patecatl is a diety of the Earth, born from a residue of magic instilling into the soil of a plain, creating sentience in it. It formed and grew, and learned of the various species evolving around it, and decided to influence their actions.

For my action I present myself to the Chibor, attempting to make them worship me (If that's alright with you penguinofhonor).
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 07:06:42 am »

I'll assume I've got the all clear for leading the Yrb to dominance. Iituem's legacy shall be glorious!

Also, how many critters died just then?

well i think about 3 species died, and two gods. and by died i mean stopped playing

oh and wimdit you need to post an action, and Cheetar i edited you in.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:13:40 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 07:53:45 am »

Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2008, 09:20:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2008, 06:09:50 pm »

Code: [Select]
[Rain.NotExist]
[Rain.NotExist]
[Rain.NotExist]
[Rain.NotExist]
Define:[Rain.NotExist.Time++]
Define:[Drought]

Across the fungal mats, each Yrble was carefully cataloguing this new weather pattern. Fortunately for the Yrb as a whole, few Yrbles were affected by the sudden and unexpected drought thanks to their efforts to conceal themselves underground and within trees: most of the more enterprising Yrbles had either reached the water table or found that there was a steady source of water to be had by digging into tree roots. Of course, many trees died to sustain the Yrb, but the Yrb noticed nothing aside from a sudden spike and then decline in the number of dead leaves falling from the forest canopy. As for food, the number of creatures that died as a result of the drought was enormous; the Yrb feasted that year, and many Yrbles stockpiled enough nutrients to seed another patch of fungus. However, along some of the more populous stretches of river, there was less room for new Yrbles than many would have liked.

With that dilemma came the first unified effort made by the Yrb since the Sundering. There was a sudden flurry of contact between Yrbles, going on for weeks before eventually stopping. Then, as though the thought of one mind was guiding them, each Yrble extended a hypha. The forest of hyphae grew and grew until it reached the jungle to the northwest, at which point the fungus was seeded. The denizens of the jungle noticed that new patches of fungus were growing everywhere, but those inclined to eat such things ignored it. It wasn’t very appealing fungus, after all.

Back in more established colonies, the news of the colonisation spread like wildfire. For the first time, a group of Yrbles had managed to put enough faith in each other to risk assimilation or theft by making it clear to each other when they were going to send nutrients and seeding microbes over such an insecure connection. Another step toward a reunified Yrben civilisation had been taken.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:13:59 pm by Wimdit »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2008, 06:41:06 pm »

Damnit shrike, colonize the NORTH of the desert, not the desert itself!

And why did the fungal forest have to become a desert? Why?

That's it, IRRIGATE EVERYTHING!

The Shrike now try to develop irrigation, thus making the northern deserts(Which should be at the same if not lower elevation) habitable.

They also try to colonize a nearby river hex.

+3 in construction.

I plan on building the colossus early and putting off electricity, thus gaining me dominance! I AM THE MAN WITH THE PLAN!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2008, 07:22:26 pm »

Timad wakes and glares about with his many eyes. The water is drying and the ground hardens and cracks. The Dry Clouds have returned. This happened long ago, before Timad was so tired. So very tired. He thinks back, recalling the spring he drunk from the last time the world went dry. Perhaps it was still there. He needs rest. To gather his strength to move. Timad sleeps and dreams of times long ago and the sweet waters of the spring.

Far away, a young adult Shrike awakes, having had a dream of a cave a small distance away from it's home. In this cave is a great fountain from which endless amounts of water flow. This is much better than the dream of those horrible Kadesh.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2008, 10:17:54 pm »

everyone does realize that they do have quite a few EP points to spend right? like 14-19 for most species. and i'm going to be changing the population for hexes soon, so they are fractions, easier for me to calculate and for you the players to see which hexes are gaining more population so you can make actions accordingly. oh and god PP haven't been altered yet so i'll get back to you all with your exact PP values.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2008, 02:34:10 am »

I'll post my turn tomorrow.

Shikogan, what I want to know is what changes you've made as a GM. Not that I'm complaining, just wondering. So far I see less base EP gain and a good amount of simplification.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2008, 02:38:19 am »

Waitasec, is that action I just posted going to be applied retroactively to turn 1, or is it going to be considered my action for turn 2?

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2008, 05:58:13 am »

I'll post my turn tomorrow.

Shikogan, what I want to know is what changes you've made as a GM. Not that I'm complaining, just wondering. So far I see less base EP gain and a good amount of simplification.

well penguin i'm still tryin to figure out the EP gain so i just decided on a number based on the results of your turn. and the simplifying is so that i can keep GM'ing for a long while and not too much math.

Waitasec, is that action I just posted going to be applied retroactively to turn 1, or is it going to be considered my action for turn 2?

it's your action for turn 2
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:33:54 am by Shikogan »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2008, 12:31:09 am »

This dead?

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2008, 09:59:00 pm »

apparently yeah, not everyone posted actions, and well no one seems to be replying to any posts. so i guess we can declare this dead?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6