Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Evolution 4 - Need new players, Turn 1 done! Post your damn actions for turn 2!!  (Read 15297 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution 4 - Need new players, JUST JOIN....ANYONE!!! please.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 10:03:09 pm »

I'd join, but too lazy to make up traits.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 10:22:34 pm »

Maybe I'll play as a power at some point in time (adventurer)

How powerful are adventurers allowed to be?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:31 pm »

How about God of Speed, Diplomacy and Language? Maybe I'll look like a cat.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 11:08:23 pm »

Make sure that it is a good sort of cat. By which I mean a Maine Coon.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2008, 01:21:13 am »

Maybe I'll play as a power at some point in time (adventurer)

How powerful are adventurers allowed to be?

adventurers? hmm, that's an idea i guess, well i guess they would be able to influence people kill things, but not immortal like a god; and they would die after an amount of time.

Okay here's a new concept i would like everyones opinion on it, adventurers, they are regular people but taken over by a spirit? that would re-incarnate itself in a new body when the old host died. re-incarnation takes a turn or two? and they can only wield powers that the host can. eg swords, or magic depending on the host species. Bur if the species discovers that the person is possessed they become hostile and kill the adventurer, which creates a different play style to dietys.

what do you all think, should a new class be created? it would add some depth to some aspects of game play, eg wars, diplomacy and research.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 01:22:37 am »

Considering that turns take generations...

You know, like evolution?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2008, 01:35:33 am »

well they stay alive one turn then, the next re-incarnate then next play the next re-incarnate i guess. just a thought really.

I'd join, but too lazy to make up traits.

and squeegy if you want you can just take over from one of the other species, take your pick they're all still there, just modify it however you want as long as you don't go over the EP limit of that species.

and webadict you are welcome to join just make an 'official' post for it with actions, spheres and a bit of a backstory.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 07:55:54 pm »

You know what, since no-one is kinda enough to join our little game of evolution, i've decided to hell withe them and to do the turn. If anyone wants to join they can still but they'll just join in with the other species or dietys.

Okay so the turn shall be up tomorrow-ish.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 09:09:50 pm »

I just saw the title change, now you regret you didn't allow me in a few days ago! hah!

I'll join thou, because I had a species idea last time that I still want to use, I dont promise how avable I'll be, I have so many forum games going on I forget abaut them all, but if you PM me abaut it I'll probably respond.

SPECIES: Fae
The Fae is a species of magic (or "Psychic powers" as you seem to call it, so I will from now on to i guess), they look like huge fractal-ish butter/dragonflies made of light kinda (more detailed description further down.).

They are emotion eaters, akin to succubus/incubus in many settings, the eating is an subconscious action and some emotions harm them while others feed them.
They can also drink nectar but this they can not reproduce on and doing it or a longer while they'll wither away.

they are EXTREMELY long-lived and slow reproducing, they are hermaphrodites, they reach maturity at 2000 years old, the average lifespan is 5000-6000 years, but some can live up to 50 000, they can under optimal circumstances have one child every 1000 years but under normal circumstances every 2000-3000 is more likely.

They do not have any technology or tool using, much because they don't have any limbs to grasp whit.

Physical properties in detail:
weights 200-800g, body length up to 1m, wingspan 2m.
they have 3 antenna, 9 wings, and 7 tails. the wings and body grows to full size in the first 200-300 years, the tails grow whit exactly 1cm a year for their entire lives. The intensity of the light they emit decrease whit age but the complexity and colourfulness increase, meaning a newborn look basically like a !!¤magnesium butterfly¤!! while an ancient several tens of thousands of years old will look like a huge whiling fractal light show. The material of their body is not flesh, it looks like blown glass, and break as easily as blown sugar, any damage to anything except the tails tend to make the fae spontaneously combust in a blue flash. they are very good at dodging thou so this rarely happens.

Psychic powers:
They consume emotions for sustainable and growth, all emotions of non-fae they are near are consumed, the stronger the emotion is the faster stronger is the effect on the fae. prolonged getting an emotion eaten may render you permanently incapable of feeling it.
Emotions that give sustainance:
- happiness
- fear (may also have very fast effect in increasing the faes powers short term)
- greed
- serenity
- lust
- rage
- true love (atleast a little needed in order to reproduce, to make the core of the soul)
Emotions that may harm or even kill the fae:
- hate
- selflessness
- bravery
- scepticism
- optimism

The fae can forge illusion images in minds, these are akin to dream images or hallucinations rather than hologram-like, these can grow very strong if many fae are cooperating, strong conflicting images can cause insanity or even brain damage, so can stongly disbeliving a very powerfull illution.
This power is also badly controled, it can be used conciusly, but it also aautomaticaly prject anything the fae believes, combined whit the fae telepathic communication this leads to huge runaway cascade effects were things that were at first lies to fool others, come to be belived but the fae themselves, and after a while become so extremely strong that it is indistinguishable from reality in consistency, deitail, and apparent solidity to everything that has a mind. Examples were this has happened is the fae cities, and the fact they are incapable of lieing outright or breaking their word, both originaly lies to trick outsiders have now become de facto truths.

I'm rambling, I'll have to post an actual real race post this is mostly brainstorming.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 10:15:41 pm »

:-[

Oh god, I thought this was battle of the gods . . .

I'm an idiot.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 11:23:55 pm »

Armok, I'm pretty sure each turn is a couple thousand years. Which would mean that your Fae could not evolve in the traditional sense of the word. You'll probably need to work around that.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 06:19:56 pm »

Hah, this sounds awesome. If I can, I'd like to take over the Yrb; trouble is, I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks so my internet access will be sporadic at best. Still, I can at least make up numbers for a little while.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2008, 04:26:45 am »

Evolution 4 – Turn 1

Spoiler: Chibor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Umgran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jhiar'd (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shrike (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ahkarii (click to show/hide)

The Gods

Spoiler: Omega Alpha (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asheron (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lukut Cush Lhac (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Andrea (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Timad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:56:05 am by Shikogan »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution 4 - Need new players, Turn 1 done!
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2008, 06:05:04 am »

Are there too many Gods? If not, I will be one. It seems an easier thing than being a species.

Patecatl is a God in the form of a Bull. Patecatl is associated with earth, medicine and birth. I'd like to favour the Chibor if Penguin allows.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution 4 - Need new players, Turn 1 done!
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2008, 06:25:43 am »

Are there too many Gods? If not, I will be one. It seems an easier thing than being a species.

I'd prefer a species to another god, if that's alright. i mean you can be a god if you want to, you just need to post an action and 1 major and 2 minor spheres of influence with a backstory.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6