Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: -=The Elder Scrolls Mod=- V.[1.0]  (Read 2109 times)

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
-=The Elder Scrolls Mod=- V.[1.0]
« on: November 30, 2008, 05:22:09 pm »

Yes, Finally! It's released and done!

Link : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=697
Mirror : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NT893IY

[For version 40d]

[New things]
  • Added all 10 playable races in the TES series [Along as Dremora replacing the Kobolds, playable in Adventure Mode]
  • Complete conversion of plants
  • New beastiary and variety of creatures and such!
  • A new adventure!

Things to be soon added
  • Music!
  • New items
  • New minerals, soil, etc.
  • More plants
  • Worldgen modding
  • Graphix
  • Many more!

If you have any questions, please ask.
Requests are acceptable.
Comments pl0x.

[note:this is only 1.0, the first version, so expect it to be not much but just a modded version of DF]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:27:46 pm by Calvin »

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -=The Elder Scrolls Mod=- V.[1.0]
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 10:08:14 am »

Playing this as soon as I clear out this GCS cave. Good work!
I'm already thinking about a rag-tag team of ES adventurers. Kittehs and orks!

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:28:20 am »

Yay, First comment :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 11:31:46 am »

I was thinking of the same thing for a long time :). I just haven't enough time to do it.
Did you see my small research on plants? I hope it can help (I tried to search the Lore on different sites/forums and it's everything I've found so far): http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27499.0
It's pretty close to the original.

P.S. Shouldn't you play as Dwemer? I've always thought it would be cool to play dwemer with their special gear and items for their entity only. Also traps and ballistae are fitting them very much. Just my 2 cents.

Now about some critisism if you don't mind. I'm a huge TES fan and if you take some of my words seriously I'm pretty sure it would help the mod.
Anything posted below this line is My Opinion and can be different from yours. You were warned.
To change:
1) Dwemer as playable race. Nords should go to freezing biomes and build cities there.
2) Entities need huge biome tweaking for them to exist. For now wood elves, high elves and khajiits share the same biomes and this lead to some of them being killed by others. Make them more sparse: woodelves definitely should live in woods, but high elves should prefer coasts and lakes (where they can build citadels and Telvanni mages can grow shroom cities).
3) Redguards have too wide biome settings. They are dark-skinned people which are not very usual and they should have very specific biome settings, like some warm/tropical biomes.
4) Generally try to avoid big overlap in entities' biomes. Make sure that there're at least one common and one uncommon biome unique for each race and add another one/two which can overlap with other civs. Basically draw a scheme on paper. It will greatly improve the probability of every race to be present.
5) Add civ-specific items. Yeah, there're special uniforms for each race: imperial armor for imperials, argonians and khajiit should wear no boots (but should have increased Layering for khajiit since they have fur and argonians should have lower homeotherm since they are cold-bloded). Orcs should have orcish armor counterpart and high elves shouldn't have real army, they should have some sorcerers instead (magic items based on usual weapons, i.e. spell staffs instead of crossbows).
6) [ETHIC:SLAVERY:PUNISH_CAPITAL] for Dunmer is something very unbelievable. Dunmer practiced slavery for a long time and they think of it like of an almost sacred tradition. Please change it to be real :).
7) In the future releases morrowind materials for armor/weapon would be cool. I.e. ebony and glass (smelter reaction to convert raw green glass to a special "glass metal", just use a rock crystal as reagent since simple glass seems to be too cheap to produce from sand; if you're unsure, check the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
; this will give you very light and nice armors/weapons but you should find enough rock crystal which is not easy).
8 ) Remove CAN_SPEAK from goblins. Make them a small menace they shouldn't conduct diplimacy, just make sure that their tokens are tweaked to lessen their kills of each other and to make them to breed faster.
===== End of stupid ideas =====

P.S. I've made the music conversion long time ago, when I thought of this mod for the first time:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=273

Good luck to you with this!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 11:36:34 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 12:12:08 pm »

- I never posted that. Sorry, Calvin, if you read that.

Deon's got some good ideas, try them out.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:46:32 pm by yougiedeggs »

Bobokapi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 05:41:58 pm »

here's some more music from official site: http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/downloads_music.htm
i think you can convert it to .ogg here: http://media-convert.com/

I liked Morrowind the best of TES games :)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 07:00:17 pm »

Deon has good ideas, although I'm pretty sure TES "glass" is a special kind of volcanic glass (alongside ebony) and not regular glass, hence having to mine it. No idea how to accomplish this in DF though without making it a metal... which, honestly, might work best?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 01:00:44 pm »

What's the problem of my variation of glass? :) It's mined, like in morrowind. It's converted to "molten glass" metal and is ok :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 01:53:02 pm »

Yeah, that's the best way I can think of to handle it. Ideally it falls somewhere between DF's definitions of "glass" and "metal" in terms of use, although I'm not sure which metal items in DF COULDN'T be made using TES glass. Maybe chains, or something.

However, one thing that might be worth noting is that TES "glass" equipment (with the exception of the blades on weapons) tends to just be metal with glass studded into it a hell of a lot. Not sure how (or if) you'd want to handle it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 11:05:10 pm »

Meh.

Well, I'll try to do most of deon's stuff.

After all, this IS my first mod :D

And it's going well really.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 03:23:56 am »

If you need some help, just ask.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 02:03:58 am »

Yeah, like you said, at this point it's just the races and some materials so far. Dark elves have been frustrating though, they show up as all black which is impossible to see.

Bobokapi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 04:47:22 pm »

I uploaded some Morrowind music converted to .ogg  :)
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=707
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:04:52 pm by Bobokapi »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 03:27:01 am »

Yeah, like you said, at this point it's just the races and some materials so far. Dark elves have been frustrating though, they show up as all black which is impossible to see.
Just a tileset problem.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬