Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Elf files - A study of the Elven Race's Crimes  (Read 6034 times)

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elf files - A study of the Elven Race's Crimes
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 01:17:54 pm »

What do fuck is wrong with you people?

How can you dare call yourselves dwarves then procede to rant about how great elves are?

i hate elves. and i will continue to genocide them even if the rest of the dwarven race is no longer up to it.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 01:28:01 pm »

Elves are great trading partners, as long as you don't buy any cloth from them. In my current fortress, they bring me  on average half a dozen exotic animals every spring.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 08:06:18 pm »

I never buy any cloth from them, but they still bring me nothing but binful after binful of the stuff :'(

As for being arrogant, why shouldn't we be?  We can use nothing but narcoleptic drunkards to build a 20-story-tall, lava-submerged perpetual-motion machine out of soap.  So I'd say dwarves have earned the right to be a bit arrogant when it comes to comparisons with the race that hasn't yet grasped the concept of the wheel.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 08:22:59 pm »

That explains the lack of caravans.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 08:42:08 pm »

the only reason they haven't grasped the concept of the wheel is that
a wheel needs rock or wood to be made. since wood is out of the picture they need a pick to get rock.
but they need fuel from wood to make a pick, and magma is out of the question because you need a pick to get it.
but considering they trade at least thousands of logs in the course of a world this is only further proof of their hippycricy/insanity/stupidity.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 09:06:01 pm »

magma is out of the question because you need a pick to get it.
That's not entirely true.  Some magma pipe (or pools) are exposed naturally.  Besides, they have wooden weapons and armor, so that's no excuse for a lack of wheels.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 09:14:12 pm »

maybe but you need to construct a magma forge out of fire safe materials last i checked. and wood burns.
and like i said. hippycricy

peekama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 03:46:29 pm »

I've never gotten an animal from the elves, let alone an exotic one. I'm giving those bastards one year before I start genociding them.
It'd be cool if unicorn refuse gives off rainbow miasma.
It should totally bleed the laughter of children, too.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 10:41:53 pm »

The whole "Some goblins showed up and killed my fortress right when the elves showed up" is kinda stupid. It's a bloody coincidence, and the goblins will kill the elves too, if they get the chance.

And if you don't want to be bothered with the junk they bring in caravans, just ignore them. Let em' sit in depot and then leave. It's not bloody worth robbing them, since, oh, say, one bin full of mugs will buy them out, so I don't see the problem there either.

Again, the trees aren't an issue. You don't bloody need that many logs. Also, the hippycrits thingy...isn't funny. Trying to emphazise it just makes it sadder.

[/pointlessarguments]

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 11:02:49 pm »

your forgetting to explain why we shouldn't kill them for trying to run our fortress for us. they are hipocryts. they set us a limit for our logs while easily passing that limit themselves. and dont tell us that we dont need that many logs.
the elves seem to think so by bringing hundreds with them.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 11:42:23 pm »

Because you shouldn't KILL PEOPLE for being irritated about your habits. It's like you walk into a convenience store smoking and the shop sells tons of cigarrets, but the clerk says "*Coff* *coff* Put that fracking thing out! *coff*"

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 12:09:25 am »

What's this about bone crafts being the only thing a young fortress has? I've made bonecrafts exactly once, by mistake.

My bones get used for ammunition and sometimes armour. I'd consider it silly to waste them on trade goods. The second spring I have stone crafts, mechanisms, and this time I managed to have some platinum goblets made.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 01:58:00 am »

Because you shouldn't KILL PEOPLE for being irritated about your habits. It's like you walk into a convenience store smoking and the shop sells tons of cigarrets, but the clerk says "*Coff* *coff* Put that fracking thing out! *coff*"

If he's known for killing and eating people when they refuse to comply, I will certainly consider shooting him on the spot

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 02:08:59 am »

What's this about bone crafts being the only thing a young fortress has? I've made bonecrafts exactly once, by mistake.

My bones get used for ammunition and sometimes armour. I'd consider it silly to waste them on trade goods. The second spring I have stone crafts, mechanisms, and this time I managed to have some platinum goblets made.
Bonecrafting includes skulls.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 05:50:39 am »

???I usually don't have any skulls in the first year. And if I do, my bonecrafter is likely to have better things to do with his time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5