Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Execution Method  (Read 1777 times)

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Execution Method
« on: November 26, 2008, 06:10:11 pm »

What is your favorite method of execution?

So far, mine has to be the "Pillar of Blood" - make a very tall, narrow tower with a hole in the center and a wide base. Take the sacrifice to the top, and throw him down the center to splat on the bottom level, giving loads of gooey blood up to Armok.

My second favorite would have to be dropping them into a small 4x4 room completely filled with serrated blade traps. I call it "the shredder".
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:11:51 pm by Hamster Man »
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

andrei901

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Execution Method
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:30:31 pm »

i recently designed a trio of Executioners.

Legendary Wrestler/Legendary Axedwarf
Legendary Wrestler/Legendary Axedwarf
Legendary Wrestler/Legendary Hammerdwarf

I still have yet to be ambushed or seiged.

I can barely wait.

Yuu_Inohara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:03:53 am »

depends on what I'm executing, nobles, I do one of two things, either run magma under their room and have half of the room be a channel with a bridge over it, or just have the channel with bridge over an obsurdly deep pit.

for everything else- glass pit with meat grinder (weapon trap with saw blades and spikes)
Divide by zero and sacrifice some of the players to Armok probably. Though this would be somewhat cool to have around.
Oh, Toady already does such things on a regular basis. I think he calls it 'Tuesday'.

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 12:11:38 am »

So far, i've set up a series of 1 wide bridges that one must walk across to pull the lever causing the bridges to vanish...
The victim falls into the magma and bothers you no more...
Unfortunatly, the only sucessful test was unsucessful in that the bridge disappeared under the peasant, but the peasant also jumped 3 tiles down and to the right, landing on a bridge lower above the magma...
also, i guess higher nobles don't do jobs... :(
oh well, i have a Titan as my mayor at the moment, and she dosn't mandate much... :P
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!

ElChad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 04:31:44 pm »

One of my forts, I have tamed a dragon, I made a small room made of platinum with a flood gate and a door to get in. I usually dropped a goblin in and watched the Dragon have her fun...

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 11:08:34 pm »

So far, i've set up a series of 1 wide bridges that one must walk across to pull the lever causing the bridges to vanish...
Unfortunatly, the only sucessful test was unsucessful in that the bridge disappeared under the peasant, but the peasant also jumped 3 tiles down and to the right, landing on a bridge lower above the magma...
oh well, i have a Titan as my mayor at the moment, and she dosn't mandate much... :P

how did you get a titan as mayor?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 12:00:05 am »

how did you get a titan as mayor?

Modding. He likes to flaunt the fact that he can replace text with other text and tries to incite raised eyebrows.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Kate Wissen

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://katewissen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 12:13:31 am »

My favorite is a method developed from a bug I discovered. First catch a bunch of rhesus monkeys and release them in a pit. Then drop the prisoner into the pit, down 2 z-levels. The monkeys will then rip them apart slowly, yet keep them alive regardless of what mortal wounds they give the prisoner.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27060.0

I haven't recreated it yet, but I suspect it is possible, and if I were to make an execution chamber, that would be the way I would make it.
Check out my current Community Fortress LostPages.

One day I hope to create the Monkey Torture Chamber of Doom!

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 02:31:00 pm »

I remember reading your post about that poor guy. Heheh - yeah, though maybe you should designate that chamber as the "torture chamber" rather than execution one.
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

CyberCube

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 04:59:12 pm »

Note: This idea is untested, but if I have a good enough grasp of Dwarf Fortress water physics, it should work just fine.

I present the Dwarven Toilet. Just dig out a room, round or square, with a large hole in the center. Make the inside of the hole look just like the room above, but smaller. Put yet another hole inside the hole, and in this hole dig a tunnel that leads out to an underground river, or just put the Dwarven Toilet over a river. Put water around the outside of the top floor of the Dwarven Toilet, with a few floodgates keeping it out of the room. Designate the top floor of the Dwarven Toilet as a noble's bedroom. When ready, pull the lever that operates the floodgates, and watch as the noble is flushed down the drain into the underground river.

Wolfking6116

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 05:13:46 pm »

Bonus; Make the hole that goes down to the next level on one side and to the third on the other, so he'll spiral down the drain.

Extra bonus; Below the equator! Counter-clockwise.
One of the several things that often gets DF branded as a roguelike is that the random number generator can always find some way to screw you over.

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 08:59:55 am »

Well I found myself swarmed by caged pretty much everything that steps on my map so I decided hmm how can I make a kobold theif compete with a tytan or a marmot with a goblin. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you "Death Race"!

Rather then having an arena to fight it out and watch your prisoners tear themselves apart I put a couple of prisoners in seperate enclosures and open simiultaneously a gate to the exit. Each enclosure has a seperate course filled with whatever you want but the final streach is about 20 squares long of rectractable bridges. These are all linked to pressure plates at the exit of each path. The first one to reach the end flings the others into oblivion!

Now who is more determined my hammerer or tax collector?

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 10:11:13 am »

Deep pit, make victim dwarf sleep on cage trap, dump cage contents in deep pit.

THIS IS SPARTA TREEPOLISHED!
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 11:27:53 am »

Read the Sacrifice to Liontower thread. It's over... it's all over....
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 11:46:22 am »

What is your favorite method of execution?

So far, mine has to be the "Pillar of Blood" - make a very tall, narrow tower with a hole in the center and a wide base. Take the sacrifice to the top, and throw him down the center to splat on the bottom level, giving loads of gooey blood up to Armok.

If blood ever gets fluid mechanics you could eventually fill that pillar with blood; you'll drop sacrifices down to drown in the blood of the previous victims.
Pages: [1] 2