Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: WWI MEDIC  (Read 21335 times)

MiKe14

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: WWI MEDIC
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2004, 09:06:00 am »

Modding is when you modify a game(or something else) somehow. You dont always need to mess with the exe file. For your game, I just opened up the .bmp files for the people and when they die or get injured, i just put lots of red around them. That is a way you can mod something. Just change it a little or alot.

Oh yea, I dont know to much about C++ or any of that. Im only 14 so i gess i need to learn more. And right now, while im waiting for my CloseCombat5 to come off of ebay, im changing all the colors of the people and making them look like future marines, kind of like in StarshipTroopers or Aliens.

I also had a question, if you heal the enemy's guys, does it count for them? because i was playing for a liitle bit and i healed like 5 of there guys on the 1st charge and when i died, it showed they had 6 guys healed

[ May 01, 2004: Message edited by: MiKe14 ]

un game...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2004, 03:44:00 pm »

The german rescued count only goes up when they bring somebody back (unless there's a bug!).  If you healed 5 germans, it's possible that the enemy medic brought some of them back, or rescued six wounded people on his own (sometimes there are germans wounded in their trench and their medic can get heals that you don't notice that way, because you can't see back there).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

MiKe14

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2004, 05:20:00 pm »

Well i dont no... it was the first charge, only one got shot in their trench at the beginning. Then after their attack I healed 5 and then got shot.

Also... i was editing the people and some other things in the artfile and then i tried to open the game and it wouldnt open. Right before then i sent a copy to someone else and theres isnt working now either... Is there something i shouldnt have edited in the artfile for the game to work right? I had a copy of the original file but now that one wont work either?

un game...

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »

oh btw...
5650- Killed by Machine Gun
  :)

and the airstrikes are just my idea.... i want to be able to mod the  game to include this.... cause to me.. i am in fact modding it. Americans vs Talibans its coming out good... i took the sounds from my friend and using that but moding them to (choke scream trumpet etc.)  all art changed...or at least moded... (white robes... sticks, grenades.) its coming out nice... ill tell when im finished    :)

Could the men throw grenades when crawling?
I see alot of men crawl, crawl, crawl, stand to throw a grenade...and die.

Also a funny part was... a new recruit (new guy) was going to the enemy side...and all of a sudden he hits the end of the trench ..gun over the side...and BOOM mortar gets him... i laughed so freakin hard

Also.
When the allies capture a trench...with you still alive does anything happen? like... you win... or like...do enemys come from other side or what?
cause i hear ppl have said "i captured 3 trenches then died" hows this work its self out?

[ May 02, 2004: Message edited by: Pono ]

amd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://amd.colony.ee
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2004, 01:22:00 pm »

Linux version would be nice... Willing to try to port if the source would be available

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2004, 02:22:00 pm »

I think I found an error that makes the game way easier, if you bandage an enemy medic it doesen't regenerate even if it dies. weird.

Kal YoshiKa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2004, 03:05:00 am »

About the Trench question, your team takes a trench when there are 0 enemies left and your men are in there trench, then the screen pans upwards to a new trench.

That heal thing sounds weird, I should try it. Incidently my highest score was like 14000 wounded by teammate.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2004, 03:58:00 am »

re: a linux port, I don't think I'm licensed to release the code for the implementation of the STL vector I'm using.  If you've got your own version of that (should be easy to find) and can get your hands on the FMOD sound libraries for linux from fmod.org, you could probably manage to get something going.  I used OpenGL for the graphics.  I've put up the rest of the source code on the WWI Medic page.  It isn't commented well, but that's part of the adventure, or something.

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2004, 02:12:00 pm »

How would i change the beggining of teh game... "Americans Vs Germans..." to say like Americans vs Talibans?
also...

i forgot... ill ask later heh

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2004, 03:11:00 pm »

You could do that by modifying the EXE file directly, although German has one fewer letter, so it might not work.  If you're familiar with C, you could also change it in the source.

ww2medic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2004, 03:12:00 pm »

me needs ww2 medic game, me needs.

most original idea after porrasturvat ( stair dismount ) and rekkaturvat ( truck dismount )
i liked it really much, just that is bad that its not multiplayer.

or a war game like this maybe? ( you are my god )

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2004, 01:46:00 pm »

I've gotta agree with the airstrikes being a bad idea, someones being playing to much RTCW and ET.

not at all Kal... not at all... i dont play it ...a friend did i just throught of that as an idea....but w/e

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2004, 03:58:00 pm »

Big ass bug found.. dont know if its just me or not but....

I extract the game..play it ...when i restart or turn off my computer i cant play it again...i either have to play the one in the compressed folder...or extract it again.... help...please?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2004, 04:10:00 pm »

Anybody else seeing anything like this?

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2004, 07:13:00 pm »

mike did
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17