Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: WWI MEDIC  (Read 21339 times)

fastjack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WWI MEDIC
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2004, 09:23:00 am »

that counter idea makes it sound more than tasteful, id say classy even.

a sort of omage to our dear friend, private willie McBride.

::gives 5 to greeny::

Greenskin13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2004, 01:59:00 am »

::casually demands more money::

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2004, 03:06:00 pm »

I think that maybe...and this might jsut be a good idea besides my other ones... How about a plane bombing? Like ok listen:
A plane shadow goes by...with normal bullets firing in front...but then....it can drop 1 or 2 bombs...(2 being vertical to be realistic and 1 just in middle) So it can be more cooler. Like The troops running out...and a plane fly by follow by an instant bomb right where the path of the plane was...It will really amp up the strafing of the front line men. And can really make things more..."interesting" I always loving seeing the enemy troops begin to jump out of there trench when all of a sudden a mortar take out a big group of them. Then again i have yet another idea. instead of teh dropping from high points and mustard gas come out....have a guy get about half...or at enemy base...and throw a nade...then let the mustard gas come out....Now that would add some coolness, or have a friendly defend the trench by throwing one out in front of the approaching germans.  Also. Have artillary slower...They fire to frequently and mmake too many holes in teh ground. but then again that is cool. and maybe a "boom" before the shadow....so it tells you...OMG We might die! or something lol. Please take my ideas into consideration and im sorry i wrote so much..thanks.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2004, 04:39:00 pm »

Planes drop bombs already.  When a plane flies by, look for the bomb shadow on the path of the plane.  They only bomb some of the time.

Did they ever put chemicals in grenades?  It seems a risky proposition.

I like having lots of artillery -- at least while the ground is so plain.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Pono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2004, 06:08:00 pm »

#1....I mean like noticable ones...like 2 in a row...  or something.... side by side on the plane. vertical.
#2 Kinda like tear gas...but they had none of that in ww1... umm. it would be cool.
#3 Yea....lots of artillary is cool...ONLY when the enemy is charging   :D

BEvilR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2004, 03:56:00 pm »

Hello I'm new here but I have an idea for the game too, But before that let me say that WW1 medic is one of if not the best arcade game I have ever played.

My request may be simple or it may be imposible I have no idea: Make it bigger, as in have more soldiers, The battle are so engossing as they are, imagine just scalling the entrie game up like 50% or 25%. Obviusly you have to give more points because more people will die, and obviously add more machine guns, increase the frequency of mortar fire, bombings, and mustard gass, and so on. But I have seriously sepent like 25 minutes just watching the game play its self after I died and it is truely amazing. But scaling it up would make it... I have no words to describe it.

[ September 08, 2004: Message edited by: BEvilR ]

can spel reel gud

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2004, 10:02:00 pm »

Do you mean make it bigger, like...  make the window bigger?  Or add scrolling?  For a simple arcade game, scrolling would be kinda weird, and you wouldn't be able to see what you need to see anyway.

SlowMotionRiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thetopfloor.org
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2004, 11:49:00 am »

I'm no programmer, but in chatting with indie developers (it's part of my job, actually) and in some cases toying around with game programming myself, I know how much trouble it is to update a game engine and fix bugs.  Even something as seemingly simple as updating artwork, implementing a screen resolution change, or something else....These things take a LOT of time.  And sometimes, developers (and I'm not speaking for Bay 12 here) are just willing to be pleased with what they've come up with and have no intention of revisiting old game code just to please a handful of fans.  The desire to be satisfied with a completed project often outweighs the desire to improve on an already working model, especially when you're not getting paid for it.

I simply can't believe just how much I've been playing WWI Medic...it's an addictive, quick fix for blood and guts, and it's a unique perspective on the arcade action genre.  For those reasons alone, it'll be on my PC for the forseeable future.

I'll be happy with WWI Medic, regardless of any improvements that come in the future.  Excellent job, guys!  This one's a keeper.

--SMR

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2004, 12:29:00 am »

SMR, thanks for the note.

Regarding the time to do updates, X called me a lazy fat ass, actually.  But, yeah, I think part of the motivation here is to get new game ideas breathing.  As much as some people like the ones that are out, there are many more waiting to be written, and the pull on my energies is definitely in that direction right now.  I agree with the feeling behind the idea posts that some of the projects have more potential, and I'd like to revisit them.  That said, I'm not going to have much time for both programming and gainful employment forever, or even very much longer.  With that in mind, I'm focusing on the new projects.

Dwarves...  dwarves...  dwarves...

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2004, 04:04:00 am »

(mostly because I did an ugly hack in an evening of a bunch of shit on the wishlist, which he could have done better in an hour, and without my pain over getting to know the code) (so yes, he's a lazy fat ass) (but a kewl one)

X

« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2004, 10:35:00 am »

Spacefilling post, ignore  :)
here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*

BigBallzGT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2004, 07:25:00 pm »

Hey guys, i'm new here, but i have a very very quick question, any time i try to play one of your guy's games that have fmod in it, my computer can't handle it! (this includes the f*bomb game)  if you guys could give me a bit of insight as to wether it's my sound card / drivers or just my os (Win 98 SE) it would be much appreciated!
ever Let it Go...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2004, 01:08:00 am »

Does it give you some kind of error message?  What happens when you try to run them?

Anyone else here get things to run in Win 98 SE?  The fmod site says it works under earlier versions of Windows.

BigBallzGT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2004, 09:48:00 pm »

well it gives me a bluescreen and a big hex address (i'm too lazy to write down the numbers) so i think i'll assume it's my sound drivers.  i'll have to try it all on my sisters XP machine.
ever Let it Go...

Joe Sixpack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/bndrks/ww1m.html
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2004, 08:38:00 pm »

Hey all you WWI Medic Freaks!!! Good ol' X just put some new mods at his site! They were both mine, but this has nothing to do with that. Check em' out at The WWI Medic Fan Page  :D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17