Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: WWI MEDIC  (Read 21347 times)

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WWI MEDIC
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2004, 10:38:00 am »

New mod available! Courtesty of [5th]Lupin above.

If anyone else has anything they wann share, please do contact me.  :)

X

chambochae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2004, 10:43:00 am »

Hey Toady what are you working on at the moment? That crazy dwarf mining game? I kinda can't wait to see what that's like!   :)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2004, 03:29:00 pm »

Armok hit the one year anniversary since a release, so I'm back working on that until it's done.  Then I'll be doing dwarves again.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

HeiltotheThief

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downwithdubya.tk
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2004, 05:37:00 pm »

I usually don't like arcade games, but this looks really good. I have a few questions.

One: Is it possible to get it to run full screen in Windows 98?

Two: I am having some trouble with bandaging wounded soldiers. I am pretty much on top of them, not moving, I press enter... and nothing happens. Is there some trick to it?

ush is a moron!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2004, 10:16:00 pm »

That's how bandaging is supposed to work.  Were they wiggling?  You can only bandage the wiggly ones.

It doesn't have a fullscreen mode.  X is trying to get me to add it RIGHT NOW on IRC.

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2004, 11:24:00 pm »

Seing as Toad DIDN'T add it right then, I had to take matters into my own hands.

A couple of updates to my mods page:
-Repack of Lupin's mod, with better volume leveling.
-I made a mod. Added: fullscreen mode (select at start up), 3 terrain types, updated the fmod version, ogg support for smaller download, ESC key as a fast quit, and probably some other stuff I've forgotten. Enjoy.

X

Greenskin13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2004, 12:28:00 am »

omgwtf?!?!?!?!!!!!111

d00d, X, wtf man, y dus ur gmae crahs my computer!!!!!!!11

u beter fix it soon cuz it suks

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2004, 01:23:00 am »

Having worked closely with the esteemed peronage above (hi greeny!), I am proud to announce that the version now on the website should work, even for those with shoddy bug-ridden computers. This is also a demonstration that bothering us on IRC is a good way of getting things done. Nya!

X

Greenskin13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2004, 02:07:00 am »

When can we expect the tanks?

fastjack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2004, 01:53:00 am »

tnks! officers with funny hats! now!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2004, 02:08:00 am »

The...  the torment continues.  Well, I'm sure X is planning how to add tanks right now.  Just look at how hard he worked on the snow:  a man with a mission.

Greenskin13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »

Not only does the torment continue, it doubles.

Gimmie five, Jack.

Necro99

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2004, 05:07:00 pm »

Kickass game you got there! Really hard, but i have my fun watching the battles. They are really extroardinary.

Altought i would like to have a weapon of some kind. I know i'd die immediatly, but it would be fun to kill some germans too.

You should put a "Commander Mode" where you decide when to attack and fall back, where you call mustard and artillery attacks, biplane strikes and ect. It would really kick ass! The artillery strikes would'nt be really accurate, tho you could call different styles of strikes.

A Rolling barrage, where the artillery falls a little in advance of the advancing infantry; following them.

A Box barrage, where the arty falls behind the lines, depriving them of re-inforcments.

A Protectiom Barrage, where they bombard a fixed line in the middle of the battlefield to slay the enemy troops.

Of course, the artillery should be quite innacurate and slow-firing.

For another idea, you could maybe have soldiers dig foxholes and wait for a signal to infiltrate enemy lines.

You could also have multiple trenches! Like two trenches and a few observation posts.

But something a little more realistic, could you add the number of KIA, WIA and DOW allied and german?
KIA: Killed in Action (Soldiers killed instantly)
WIA: Wounded in Action (either saved or not.)
DOW: Died of Wounds (didin't do your job)

X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2004, 01:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Necro99:
<STRONG>Altought i would like to have a weapon of some kind. I know i'd die immediatly, but it would be fun to kill some germans too.</STRONG>

People have asked a few times for the ability to kill things yourself in WWIM, but I'm pretty sure it's never going to happen. The whole idea of the game is it's NOT one of these mindless 'kill the enemy' things, you're just trying to save people.

Moar stats is a fair request though, however giving numbers that don't trivialise the subject might be tough. On the first day of the Battle of the Somme the British army suffered 57,470 casualties of which 19,240 were killed or died of wounds. Saying something like '140 soldiers killed' at the end of the game might be rather... distasteful.

X

Necro99

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2004, 03:51:00 pm »

Not at the end of the game, but a counter that goes up and up as they get killed during gameplay!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17