Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Watery Question  (Read 1200 times)

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Watery Question
« on: November 25, 2008, 07:31:23 pm »

Can creatures be moved by water flows?  If so, how far do they move and how much pressure would I need?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: A Watery Question
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 07:32:42 pm »

Not really....

Unless you mean AWAY FROM THE WATER OMGBLRBLBLBRBL then no.
They do run away, and some swim, but a drowning dwarf in a river doesn't move.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:09:47 pm »

I don't have much experience with this, but if there is a flow between 4-6/7, I do believe it'll move creatures.  The key is to keep this flow without going to 7/7.

It definitely affects cats.

(I have an underground river that's dammed.  For whatever reason, the dry riverbed that's left has a *lot* of vermin, and so attracts a lot of cats.  When I need water or power, I open the dam, which floods the riverbed.  Which is fine, except the riverbed ends at a bottomless pit.  Undamming the river is usually followed by one to three "Wiggums McFPSKiller (Cat) has fallen into a deep chasm.")
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 09:10:46 pm »

Thats a awsome cat killer machine.

EDIT: Oh yah, forgot. I guess that means rivers move people. my only experiance with that was when one of my dwarves "Dodged" into a channel that used to run alongside my barracks; he didnt move at all. I guess normal rivers do though.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:13:13 pm by woose1 »

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:50:50 pm »

The channel was probably up to 7/7. It seems to only register flow when it changes from, say 5/7 to 6/7.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 09:55:15 pm »

EDIT: Oh yah, forgot. I guess that means rivers move people. my only experiance with that was when one of my dwarves "Dodged" into a channel that used to run alongside my barracks; he didnt move at all. I guess normal rivers do though.
but if there is a flow between 4-6/7, I do believe it'll move creatures. The key is to keep this flow without going to 7/7
At least read what you're responding to -.-
He's absolutely right.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries