Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]  (Read 56443 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase I]
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2009, 05:58:22 pm »

ZOMG! qwerty, you just barely made participation in this Phase. I'm preparing the next phase right now. Good timing. ;)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2009, 06:03:38 pm »

All that I know, from limited research. Unfortunately, numbered lists apparently don't have such a shortcut.

Eh?
Eh!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2009, 06:16:22 pm »

Turn 10

Phase II - Discussion

Status

http://www.lanimals.com/Other/metaslature/default.asp

Status Changes This Phase:

-none yet-

--Propositions--

SniHjen
"The Clean-Up Act" The Clean-Up Act is a proposal to add, remove, relocate, and amend a series of Rules, with the intention to make things simpler for Players

A: The immuteable rule, Rule 104 is changed as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

B: The following rules and their subsets are mended into The immuteable rule, Rule 104 as shown above.
         a. Rule 323. "Voting Color Coding"
         b. 326. "Phase 2.5 There shall be a new phase, called voting, after discussion."
         c. all ignored subsets of rule 326 are to be annulled

C: The following is a list of Rules and subset that have no continual effect, and can be removed with any effect on the rules "as is"
         a. 304 version1 (currently striked through)
         b. 304 version2 (currently striked through)
         c. 317. "Grammar Correction" "One shot motion"
         d. 327 section B version2 (currently striked through)
         e. 327 Section C (currently striked through)
         f. 327 Section D (currently striked through)
         g. 344
         h. 345

Errol
"Authoritian Regalia" Authoritian Regalia adds some status symbols to the high people in here, and adds another (see 362/C.).
A: The Judge may wear a red (X) monocle on His Avatar as a symbol of His Highness.
B: The replacement judge may wear a violet (X) monocle on his avatar as a symbol of his position.
C: There shall be a new position, dubbed the Lay Judge.
     a: The Lay Judge may wear a black (X) bowler on his avatar.
     b: The Lay Judge shall be elected every fourth turn by a simple majority.
     c: The Lay Judge must not have any other position. Nobody already having a position (such as Judge) may become Lay Judge.
     d: The Lay Judge may propose exactly one change to a proposition at the beginning of each Discussion Phase. This change requires a simple majority to pass, and may not be changed in the rest of the phase.
     e: 362/C/d may only be applied in the first twenty-four (24) hours of the Discussion Phase, otherwise the ability is void for the rest of the turn.
     f: The Lay Judge may be overthrown any time with an unanimous vote.
D: Everyone who owns a Ruby as per 350/C may wear a ring with a red (X) stone on his avatar.

Tylui
"Sigtastic" Any player who participates in any phase shall receive one(1) extra point if and only if they have in their signature a link to this game of Meta-Slature.

qwertyuiopas
"XXList Stuffs ShortcutsXX" All short lists or subsets that would use the [ list ] tag shall use the [ x ] tag.
  • This only applies where desired or a single subset is used.
  • [ o ] may also be used.
  • [ @ ] works as well

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
Re: Meta-Slature (Bring your monocles!) [Turn 10, Phase II]
« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2009, 02:04:24 am »

Hmm.. §362, I don't like it, It just adds fluff.

and another judge? Tylui hasn't even choosen a replacement judge yet.

qwertyuiopas
What is the point? please define it.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2009, 04:48:31 am »

It did take me some time to come up with it, besides, I had no other ideas. And, hey, fluff.

The other stuff is cleaning things up and an advertising law. There's no way in hell I'm voting for advertising for fun and profit.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 13, 2009, 08:01:19 am »

I don't have a problem with the fluff, its current presentation is harmless, but I don't think adding another judge is a good idea.

How about changing 104B, it gives tylui ridiculous amount of power.
The Phases will advance whenever the Judge sees fit.

318 "scorekeeper"
 "Score Keeping" In the next turn, the players will elect someone in a simple majority election to the position of "Score Keeper".

Since it's later than "in the next turn," we can't elect a scorekeeper at all.
Fix that?

How about a rule that: "anyone can claim the role of judge, and if the current judge (or replacement) doesn't oppose the claim, then the claimer is judge"?

Oh BTW, I noticed that 331 A have not been carried out.
  A. Prop. 329's sentence: "with the exception of the powers of appointing a replacement judge and reclaiming judgeship." is be struken out and held void.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 13, 2009, 08:06:04 am »

We could simply make Mr. Lay Judge powerless. Then he is just a piece of awkwardly-named fluff that you could give powers at your leisure.

I aslo support an addendum there, limiting that power (only if all people have posted or a certain time is over)

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 13, 2009, 08:07:53 am »

then make such a proposal, It's free points for you since I will vote yes to such a proposal.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 13, 2009, 11:13:26 am »

I don't have a problem with the fluff, its current presentation is harmless, but I don't think adding another judge is a good idea.

But not everyone will. As it stands, I'll vote for the Regalia. The Lay Judge seems pretty powerless as it is, really, since after they change one of the propositions, the player who made it can just change it back...

How about changing 104B, it gives tylui ridiculous amount of power.
The Phases will advance whenever the Judge sees fit.

Changing the Phases whenever I see fit doesn't give me the power that another Rule does. Maybe later Judges won't be like me, but I almost never post right after I advance the Phases... That would be pretty unfair.

318 "scorekeeper"
 "Score Keeping" In the next turn, the players will elect someone in a simple majority election to the position of "Score Keeper".

Since it's later than "in the next turn," we can't elect a scorekeeper at all.
Fix that?

We can fix the scorekeeper Rule later. There's no reason to change a current Proposition right now.

How about a rule that: "anyone can claim the role of judge, and if the current judge (or replacement) doesn't oppose the claim, then the claimer is judge"?

We don't need this. It's pretty much already in place...

Oh BTW, I noticed that 331 A have not been carried out.
  A. Prop. 329's sentence: "with the exception of the powers of appointing a replacement judge and reclaiming judgeship." is be struken out and held void.
Done

SniHjen
"The Clean-Up Act" The Clean-Up Act is a proposal to add, remove, relocate, and amend a series of Rules, with the intention to make things simpler for Players

A: The immuteable rule, Rule 104 is changed as follows:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

B: The following rules and their subsets are mended into The immuteable rule, Rule 104 as shown above.
         a. Rule 323. "Voting Color Coding"
         b. 326. "Phase 2.5 There shall be a new phase, called voting, after discussion."
         c. all ignored subsets of rule 326 are to be annulled

C: The following is a list of Rules and subset that have no continual effect, and can be removed with any effect on the rules "as is"
         a. 304 version1 (currently striked through)
         b. 304 version2 (currently striked through)
         c. 317. "Grammar Correction" "One shot motion"
         d. 327 section B version2 (currently striked through)
         e. 327 Section C (currently striked through)
         f. 327 Section D (currently striked through)
         g. 344
         h. 345

I suppose this needed to be done. I have been thinking of a way to more permanently/easily allow superficial changes to the Rules without taking up an entire Proposition. I'll get to that next Turn, methinks.

Errol
"Authoritian Regalia" Authoritian Regalia adds some status symbols to the high people in here, and adds another (see section C.).
A: The Judge may wear a red (X) monocle on His Avatar as a symbol of His Highness.
B: The replacement judge may wear a violet (X) monocle on his avatar as a symbol of his position.
C: There shall be a new position, dubbed the Lay Judge.
     a: The Lay Judge may wear a black (X) bowler on his avatar.
     b: The Lay Judge shall be elected every fourth turn by a simple majority.
     c: The Lay Judge must not have any other position. Nobody already having a position (such as Judge) may become Lay Judge.
     d: The Lay Judge may propose exactly one change to a proposition at the beginning of each Discussion Phase. This change requires a simple majority to pass, and may not be changed in the rest of the phase.
     e: The latter may only be applied in the first twenty-four (24) hours of the Discussion Phase, otherwise the ability is void for the rest of the turn.
     f: The Lay Judge may be overthrown any time with an unanimous vote.
D: Everyone who owns a Ruby as per 350.C may wear a ring with a red (X) stone on his avatar.

I like this one quite a bit. Though the whole Lay Judge thing is somewhat convoluted... Maybe he could have a different power? Like I said above, changing a Proposition seems like nothing. And electing a new one every 4 Turns is gonna be a somewhat hefty amount of work.

Tylui
"Sigtastic" Any player who participates in any phase shall receive one(1) extra point if and only if they have in their signature a link to this game of Meta-Slature.

Yup.

qwertyuiopas
"XXList Stuffs ShortcutsXX" All short lists or subsets that would use the [ list ] tag shall use the [ x ] tag.
  • This only applies where desired or a single subset is used.
  • [ o ] may also be used.
  • [ @ ] works as well
What's the purpose of this? I don't think I've used the list tag the whole game?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 13, 2009, 12:47:35 pm »

The purpose is to do next to nothing, although educate the masses and still be a proposition.
Eh?
Eh!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2009, 04:02:47 am »

But not everyone will. As it stands, I'll vote for the Regalia. The Lay Judge seems pretty powerless as it is, really, since after they change one of the propositions, the player who made it can just change it back...

I think I added a clause stating that the thing can't be changed after the Lay Judge made his one (1) change. Besides, it has to be early-game and all.

It was the first thing that sprung to mind, apart from the Lay Judge being a tiebreaker. Which could also work, I suppose.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2009, 04:04:19 pm »

Hey I'm sorry it's been so long! I promise to post after work tonight... am a complete ass hat.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:26:39 am by Tylui »

kurokikaze

• Bay Watcher
  • Man of the black wind
    • View Profile
    • Mechanical World
« Reply #357 on: October 12, 2009, 08:18:42 am »

Seems like interesting game :) Too bad it's dead now.
It's black as pitch 'cause we're trapped by our violent souls
In a deep mine, where deep rhymes won't keep my self-control
Too many foes, we feel snakebit, and we won't take it
Enemies need their face hit, we goin' ape shit!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 12, 2009, 08:37:58 am »

I don't think it is *dead*...
Eh?
Eh!

kurokikaze

• Bay Watcher
  • Man of the black wind
    • View Profile
    • Mechanical World
« Reply #359 on: October 12, 2009, 11:06:05 am »

Well, date of last post (before mine) is 19 aug. I sure can find other threads in Internet, but i meant this particular game :)
It's black as pitch 'cause we're trapped by our violent souls
In a deep mine, where deep rhymes won't keep my self-control
Too many foes, we feel snakebit, and we won't take it
Enemies need their face hit, we goin' ape shit!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25